PDA

View Full Version : Anyone just back to talk??

jennsky
04-28-2008, 08:22 PM
Just wondering what it's been like this past week. I'm heading out in 4 days and am curious as to how busy it is. I went last year during Easter and that was INSANITY so I'm hoping it'll be quieter, but I'm wondering how much quieter. Also, how hot is it right now and is it a "humid" hot? Thanks!! :mickey:

saintsiner
04-28-2008, 11:31 PM
I was there this past week. The parks were busy but not as crazy as past year when I went during Easter break.

We used fastpass to our advantage, and never waited more than 10 - 15 minutes for any ride. However, some rides did have waits of 90+ minutes (Splash, Rock n Roller Coaster, Soarin', etc...).

Other rides were normally 20 minutes or less (Tea Cups, Small World, Star Wars and others).

Weather was AWESOME. 82 - 86 degrees everyday. Perfect for some swimming, if you so choose, or a day in the park.

Hope this helps you out.

playdead88
04-29-2008, 06:09 AM
it was busy but not enough to make it an issue - we had one of the best weeks we ever had - the weather was awesome! as long as we used fastpass for the big ticket rides we didn't have many lines to wait in - have a wonderful vacation!! :thumbsup:

doodleboy
04-29-2008, 10:49 AM
Just wondering what it's been like this past week. I'm heading out in 4 days and am curious as to how busy it is. I went last year during Easter and that was INSANITY so I'm hoping it'll be quieter, but I'm wondering how much quieter. Also, how hot is it right now and is it a "humid" hot? Thanks!! :mickey:

We are leaving for WDW on May 1 and couldn't be more excited. I think we are in store for some lighter crowds at the end of this week and next especially, if you are still there as well. Last week may not be a good indicator as there were still some Spring breaks going on, and even a few in the NE this week. Early May has always been a winner for us. The weather is great, usually dry and comfortable. Great for parks and pool. The Flower and Garden Show is always a big hit.

I am really worked up about this trip, if you couldn't tell.:party::party:

prprincess
04-29-2008, 11:41 AM
it was busy but not enough to make it an issue - we had one of the best weeks we ever had - the weather was awesome!I agree. We just got back on Sunday, and it was crowded, but not as bad as the weeks that I've been in the summer or during the Christmas holiday season. And yes, the weather was fantastic!

Have a great time!!

merlinmagic4
04-29-2008, 12:02 PM
We just got back yesterday and had an awesome time at the parks. We used fastpass and never waited more than 10 or 15 minutes for any ride. We did do MK on a P&PP night so I don't know what waits were like during the days. The weather was perfect, too!

brewcrew26
04-29-2008, 12:36 PM
We got back two weeks ago. I think we were there on the last big week of most spring breaks especially for New York state. We ran into a fair amount of school groups especially senior class trips, bands, and sports teams.

Like someone else said, none of our waits were more than 15-20 minutes except for big attractions but then we used fastpass to our advantage. The longest waits we saw were for Soarin', M:S, Test Track, ToT, RnR, and EE.

The weather our week was chilly to start but then the last few days were in the mid 80s. Not at all humid to my standards since we normally go in the heat of June/July. It was very comfy for a night swim. In the mornings we just needed a light jacket or long-sleeve t-shirt.

thumperbug
04-29-2008, 07:47 PM
we were there 4/18-4/26- Never saw a drop of rain, never needed pants or jacket at night. It was crowded but if you went late afternoon and took advantage of emh it was fine. The only part of the trip that was insanely nuts was on Sat 4/26. Went to HS for a half day before leaving not knowing the park would be invaded by thousands and thousands of cheerleaders there for a competition. Went on the 2 rides DS had to go on and went over to ESPN. On our walk thru Epcot to get to buses...that park as well was invaded. I just wish that when they have events like that going on they let guests know ahead of time so they can go to other parks instead.

SandmanGStefani24
04-29-2008, 08:24 PM
well, i was there 4/21-4/23, and the 21st (monday) MK was about half full, meaning lines at food places were short, and there was plenty of room to walk around without bumping into anyone. it was sunny, but i didn't really break a sweat. tuesday the 22nd, Epcot was PACKED, and it was hot also. High 80s and not a cloud in the sky for shade. It was hotter than i thought it was gonna be, but more of a dry heat. (not much humidity, so a breeze comming off the lake would cool you nicely!) Dispite the gas prices and the weak economy, people are still getting to the parks, so wether it's busy or not is kinda a gamble, but the temps are still managable right now. have a blast!:beer:

sillyolbear
05-01-2008, 11:39 AM
Just home after being down Sunday (27) through yesterday (30). Great weather and healthy crowds, but wait times weren't bad at all.

battle beast
05-01-2008, 01:42 PM
No, but soon!

azcavalier
05-02-2008, 10:28 PM
Just got back this morning, May 2nd. 24 hours ago, my DW and I were in the MK getting seats to the late Spectromagic parade.

We were there from Monday to Friday this past week, adn it was perfect weather. Monday it rained a little, but the rest of the week was sunny, but not hot. Low 80's with slight breezes.

We thought that the crowds were the worst that we had ever seen at WDW, but we've always gone in either early December or September. One of the problems we found were that there were lots of school groups taking their year end field trips. However most of them were easily spotted because they had matching shirts.

The big ticket rides had long stand-by wait times, but we avoided them by either going on the single rider line (Test Track), or fastpasses. The only one that we didn't get to ride at all because we weren't willing to wait (or show up early for it) was Space Mountain. At 11pm on Thursday night, the wait for it was still 60 minutes. I'm sorry, but it's just not THAT good.

DmoDisney
05-05-2008, 01:51 PM
I agree with the majority of the posts. We were there this past week and enjoyed great weather (low humidity!) with temps in the low 80's. Crowds were moderate but I've never been in the summer or at Christmas so I didn't have a frame of reference.

I just couldn't believe all the people who were NOT utilizing FASTPASS!!! The longest we waited in line all week was probably 25 minutes for Dumbo. Everything else was 10-20 minutes. Why would you wait 60-90 minutes if you didn't have to?! The baby swap worked like a charm as well. Both my older kids got to ride twice in a row. All in all a great vacation.