PDA

View Full Version : Are Living Statues back?

watch4pixiedust
04-28-2008, 03:29 PM
I noticed in one of the new Disney shows on the Travel Channel recently that a Living Statue was in one of the opening or advertisement "scenes". I know they have been gone for several years, so I was surprised to see it. Could this mean that they are back - or coming back?? They were so fun to watch! Just wondered if anyone had heard anything.:mickey:

bicker
04-28-2008, 06:42 PM
No, that was an old clip.

The Living Statues and Disney parted company a few years ago. They could not reach an agreement for a contract renewal.

SgtTigger
04-28-2008, 07:03 PM
Yea confused us too.........

Was good to see them though......... even if it was only for a few seconds....

:cop: :tigger:

Niecyboo
04-28-2008, 07:10 PM
I noticed a few "recycled" clips. During the Disney on a Dime show, they had a scene on BTMRR that was from the Disney Splurge show. They showed the VIP tour guide riding w/ the family.

DisneyWizard
04-29-2008, 10:43 AM
They re-use clips often, although it's not smart since some of what they show doesn't exist anymore!

watch4pixiedust
04-29-2008, 02:52 PM
Thanks for clearing that up. I was really hoping they were back. Too bad.

(Hi Denise! Keep up the good work!) :hi::write::wave:

Gator
04-29-2008, 03:48 PM
They were very unique and cool. I wish they were back. But the World SHowcase Players have a new show over there that is a lot of fun to watch. It doesn't fit real well with Italy (speaking in British accents), but at least there is something.

mainemajor
05-04-2008, 09:37 AM
I too miss them. I
love watching shows on Disney, but it seems that there are no current ones. They all seem to be at least 3+ years old. Once we begin planning our next trip I do TiVo these, even though they are dated because they get us all pumped up for our trip.

bicker
05-04-2008, 09:48 AM
The show we were talking about in this thread was new. It just had a few old clips in it. It was one of a series of four new Disney specials on the Travel Channel.

They're being rebroadcast on Wednesday, May 14.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
05-04-2008, 09:22 PM
I actually posted this question during the first showing of that "new" program. Then I went on line to see when the last time Imaginum was at Epcot and it was in 2005. So it must be an old clip that they used in the new program.