PDA

View Full Version : MNSSHP - Tues or Thurs?

Gregandmel
04-28-2008, 03:13 PM
I am debating about whether to get tickets to MNSSHP for Tuesday 10/7 or Thursday 10/9. Does anyone have any insight as to which would be better? We'll be at MK all day Tuesday anyway, and I"m afraid that it might make it "too" long of a day to include the party. Thursday we were going to do 1/2 day at either Epcot or AK, then go back to MK that evening for the party. Thoughts on this? Also -columbus day is the following Monday, so wasn't sure if that might really increase the Thursday crowds. I know it's just a shot in the dark and hit and miss - just wondered about opinions on this. THANKS!!!

faline
04-28-2008, 03:16 PM
Personally, I'd select Tuesday. Thursday is going into the holiday weekend so crowds will increase somewhat with that, particularly if folks elect to take Friday off and make it an extra long holiday weekend.

Gregandmel
04-28-2008, 03:39 PM
Well - it's offered Friday and Saturday as well - do you think maybe people coming in for a longer weekend might choose one of those nights? Don't mean to sound obsessive...just trying to make the right call. May 1st is just a few days away!!!

joonyer
04-28-2008, 03:46 PM
We went to the party twice during this time (Columbus Day holiday) and it was about the same amount of crowds on both days. It was very manageable; much, much less crowded than MK during the day. Most attractions were walk on with no more than 10 minute waits. You'll be fine no matter which day you go.

Gregandmel
04-28-2008, 03:51 PM
Thanks - that actually makes me feel a bit better. My gut says to go on Tuesday, but again - might just be too long of a day and it would be great to go back on Thursday evening after spending Wed/Thurs at different parks. We aren't doing the "park hopper" option, so if we go on Thursday, I'll feel like I"m getting more bang for the buck. Thanks so much!!

joonyer
04-28-2008, 05:07 PM
I would do the same thing if I were you, In fact we are planning to at the MNSSHP on the same night, but we aren't arriving in WDW until Wed.

Gregandmel
04-28-2008, 05:28 PM
Thanks again for the insight! I'm trying to strategize at every corner to avoid crowd conditions. I think I was scarred from my trip 11 years ago when my first and only trip to MK was on Sunday - FATHER'S day - and before Fastpass! ha ha. It's nice to know someone who has been there around the same time frame. I know it'll be hit and miss with the crowds, but inside knowledge helps. Thanks!

biodtl
04-28-2008, 05:34 PM
I'm not sure how much difference there will be between Tuesday and Thursday. We are going on Thursday, since that is when DD has a BBB appointment, but when I planned the trip, I was thinking of our anniversary and not Columbus Day. Hopefully, it won't be too bad. We went 2 years ago over the same time frame and it wasn't bad.

Disney Doll
04-29-2008, 01:07 PM
I don't know about the crowds, but I would recommend going on a day that you can rest before the party. It will be more enjoyable if you are not totally beat.