PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Pirate & Princess Party!!!!

ldc12377
04-28-2008, 01:32 PM
OK...so I bit the bullet and decide to go ahead a buy tickets to the Pirate and Princess Party for June 4. At this point, I've spent sooooo much money already on this trip that I figured I might as well go ahead and spend another $200 for something that we may not get the chance to do again.
Now here is my question: What are the DO NOT MISS things to do or see at the P&PP? We went to MNSSHP last Oct. My kids really didn't get into the dance parties, and the picture with the characters were so long that they didn't want to want for them. To tell you the truth, they didn't even want to stay for the parade but we did and that was their favorite part of the night. That is another reason I decide to get these tickets. I'm hoping for another great parade!! We really just plan on taking advantage of the shorter ride lines at the party but is there anything that is really cool that we should try to see or do? I need some hints on how to make the most of the P&PP. I don't want to regret going or wish afterwards that I had known about this extra special.

kakn7294
04-28-2008, 05:04 PM
Be sure to see the fireworks and the parade - the parade was good as it's different than the norm and the fireworks were among the best I've seen from Disney. The Aladdin show was cute but is geared for boys and younger children although that's not to say my girls didn't like it. We really didn't do the dance parties or character lines either with the exception of catching Pluto and Goofy just as they came out - no line had formed yet - and of course, we had to go see Captain Jack! I think he was the highlight of the entire party. We did like the shorter lines for rides though!

joanna71985
04-28-2008, 05:10 PM
*DEFINITLEY see the fireworks (they are worth the admission by themselves)

*See the parade (Tink is in it)

*Meet the characters, especially Captain Jack (there are other rare ones out too- John Smith, Sebastian and Flounder from Little Mermaid, ect).

*See the Royal Guard Recruitment show in Adventureland. It is really cute!

SBETigg
04-28-2008, 05:18 PM
We also like it for the chance to ride without lines. The longest wait we had during our rainy P & P party in August was ten minutes for Peter Pan's Flight. Doing the entire Magic Kingdom in a matter of a few hours was worth the price for us, but the fireworks and parade are incredible and "do-not-miss" as well.

playdead88
04-29-2008, 05:47 AM
we went to the p&pp last wednesday and i have to agree with the fireworks being the best we ever saw at disney or anywhere for that matter!

the lines were short for all the rides it seems the only long lines were for characters

the parade was awesome too - we thought the whole party was worth every penny - have a great time!! :thumbsup:

mouseketeer mom
04-29-2008, 07:26 AM
The fireworks. They were the best I have ever seen in my life. We all agree on that in this house! We are huge pirates fans so to be immersed in pirates was terrific. In our opinion, this was the best party that Disney has offered, in this order:
#1 Pirate and Princess party
#2 MNSSHP
#3 MVMCP
Enjoy!