PDA

View Full Version : Sorcerer Mickey at DLR?

Mickey'sGirl
04-28-2008, 12:49 PM
Does anyone know if Sorcerer Mickey makes regular appearances anywhere at DLR (Parks or Resorts)? DS4 loves him and would enjoy running into him for sure! :smickey:

tinkwest
04-28-2008, 01:41 PM
I have seen Sorcerer Mickey at Mickey's House in Toontown. I haven't been for a while, but I have seen several Mickeys there over the years . . . Sorcerer Mickey, Black & White "Steamboat Willie" Mickey, and Mickey in his very best black "tails".

Mickey'sGirl
04-28-2008, 02:01 PM
Black & White "Steamboat Willie" MickeyI now officially have Mickey envy. Steamboat Willie is my fave. Thanks.

Melanie
04-28-2008, 06:15 PM
It's been a few years now, but I've seen Sorcerer Mickey at the Animation Building in California Adventure. The characters seem pretty random there though, except for the Princesses. Now that I think about it, maybe it's only the Princesses making appearances there now.

BrerGnat
04-28-2008, 06:18 PM
I am looking at a picture of Sorcerer Mickey that my DH took in November 2006.

He found him inside his "movie trailer" in Toontown. It was the first Mickey that our oldest son met. He was 2 at the time.

This is the only place I've seen him in that outfit, in all my trips to DL/DCA.

Just be aware, the lines to see Mickey in his "house" are LOOOONG. Plus, it is VERY dark inside. It's a dark room with a winding line and a large movie screen playing old Mickey Cartoons (similar to the line for the Great Movie Ride). I know your sons have some sensory issues, and this line really upset my autistic son last October, although when he was 2, it didn't bother him. He has become scared of dark rooms crowded with people lately, so just wanted you to be informed so you can know what to expect in there.

It would be wise to consult with a CM to make sure that Sorcerer Mickey is indeed the one inside, before you head into that line. It is NOT easy to exit once you are in there. You have to backtrack through the line of people to get out. There is no easy exit door.

Mickey'sGirl
04-29-2008, 08:27 AM
Just be aware, the lines to see Mickey in his "house" are LOOOONG. Plus, it is VERY dark inside. It's a dark room with a winding line and a large movie screen playing old Mickey Cartoons (similar to the line for the Great Movie Ride). I know your sons have some sensory issues, and this line really upset my autistic son last October, although when he was 2, it didn't bother him. He has become scared of dark rooms crowded with people lately, so just wanted you to be informed so you can know what to expect in there.
That sounds like the nightmare at Toontown in WDW ... we don't make it through that line very well ..... Let's just say we do a lot of character meals :D Thanks for the info guys!