PDA

View Full Version : Free Dining in December??

disneyfan328
04-28-2008, 12:08 PM
I ran into an aquantance over the weekend and we both had our disney shirts on from recent trips. We got to talking about when we had gone. We had been in September last week 2007 for free dining. We were discussing the heat. She stated that she went in December around the 7-15th I believe she said, and she indicated that they had the free dining as well. Now with all of the research I have done, I didn't believe that Disney ever offered free dining at other times. I asked who she went through and she stated a local travel agency nothing special there. so I asked again stating that although the dining plan is always offered is she sure that they got it for "FREE" ??? She again stated yes. I am just wondering if anyone else ever heard of knows of Disney doing this or if I am correct in that they don't offer it except for August and September. I think that maybe she got the dining plan and a good rate on the room, but that she paid for the dining and maybe doesn't realize it? Who knows. Just wondering as I would love to go in December and Free Dining would make it all the better!!!

Strmchsr
04-28-2008, 12:12 PM
Well, the package discounts offered in December are pretty much as good as "free" dining (they just don't have the word "free" in the but that's a misnomer anyway), but, no, WDW has not ever offered "free" dining except in late August and September.

Gator
04-28-2008, 02:55 PM
Strange place for a dining question. I'm sure they wouldn't offer it in December. It works in Sept/Oct because few people want to face prime hurricane season in Florida.

disneyfan328
04-28-2008, 04:14 PM
I posted it here as in the dining forum there was a big sticky note about all questions regarding the free dining should be posted under accomodations. I guess really since this isn't related to the current free dining that it could go in either place. It is more about the discount on the package and when it is available that I wanted to know about.

Thanks for all of your help

buzznwoodysmom
04-28-2008, 05:29 PM
My DSIL insisted that someone she knew had gotten free dining in May or June. I don't remember the exact month, but it was early summer. I asked her if she was sure it was FREE dining and not just "once we get there our dining will be free because we already paid for it with the dining plan". She insisted that they really had the dining plan for free. She too stated that they booked through a local travel agent. I think they just confuse the fact that it is part of their package and then they won't have to pay for any dining once they arrive.

coloradowendyl
04-28-2008, 05:33 PM
Free dining has only been offered in late August and September. It has never been offered at any other time of the year.

Wendy

Young@Heart
04-28-2008, 07:54 PM
My DSIL insisted that someone she knew had gotten free dining in May or June. I don't remember the exact month, but it was early summer. I asked her if she was sure it was FREE dining and not just "once we get there our dining will be free because we already paid for it with the dining plan". She insisted that they really had the dining plan for free. She too stated that they booked through a local travel agent. I think they just confuse the fact that it is part of their package and then they won't have to pay for any dining once they arrive.

I have a feeling this is the case.
I suppose it does sort of feel free, since you don't have to pay anything (well, now the tip :( ) once you arrive, but paying for it upfront sure puts a dent in our wallet!

Donalds Duckie
04-29-2008, 06:13 AM
Well, the package discounts offered in December are pretty much as good as "free" dining (they just don't have the word "free" in the but that's a misnomer anyway), but, no, WDW has not ever offered "free" dining except in late August and September.

Really? What kind of great packages have been historically offered in December? What were the "good as free dining" features?

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
04-29-2008, 11:10 AM
We went during free dining last sept and in all my research on that trip I have never seen free DDP offered any other time. We have gone in early dec. when we had AP's and our room at POR was like $79 which was the cheapest trip we ever had. And early dec is awesome.

Taja
04-29-2008, 02:30 PM
Really? What kind of great packages have been historically offered in December? What were the "good as free dining" features?

Not great package discounts so much as terrific room-only discounts.

In December 2003 & 2004 (value season), value rooms were available for $49 (plus tax) per night on an AP discount. Moderate and deluxe resorts had limited discounts available at 30% to 40%.