PDA

View Full Version : Preference?: Movies or Pop?

paragon
04-28-2008, 11:48 AM
We will be visiting in September this year, in the past we've stayed at Movies, and Sports, but were considering POP this year. We will have a rental car so driving, buses aren't going to be a problem. But we are wondering if there is anything that would make you choose one resort over the other. I enjoyed Movies, and have no issues with it. We were just wondering what anyone else thought.

CleveSJM
04-28-2008, 12:16 PM
I've stayed at both, with a car at each. I prefer Pop Century. Seems a little less crowded with the nice open lake behind the buildings. It is a little newer so that is nice. Seems more secluded. Really just like a 52% to 48% preference, but worth trying Pop just to see it. :thumbsup:

cal5755
04-28-2008, 12:26 PM
If you have never stayed at POP I say try it. We have done both but I like Movies better. Pop does have the frozen coke for the mugs though and I loved that.

Pop seemed more crowded to me over Movies and the pool had to be drained 2 times during our 7 day stay. I would stay there again... I just perfer Movies.

paragon
04-28-2008, 12:33 PM
Thanks. We've been to Pop to look around, it seems brighter and more open, I like the layout in the lobby better than the others, the bathroom location is better LOL, and the food court appears to be bigger? ( seating ) I'm all for the FROZEN COKE!!

MickeyMomof2
04-28-2008, 12:50 PM
Pop has some great splash fountains for kids to play in that I don't think they have at the All-Star resorts. This might not matter much, but my little one loves that kind of thing!

nyobabe2
04-28-2008, 01:15 PM
Try Pop since you've never been there, you won't be dissapointed. It's newer and has alot of things on property to hold the kids interest. Even us adults were enamored by the size of everything on property!...One thing, spend the extra few dollars to get the preferred room, you'll be glad that you did!!!

Spartan_Jeff
04-28-2008, 01:20 PM
Try POP for sure. Slushy machines always seal the deal with my family.

Jasper
04-28-2008, 01:26 PM
Other than a few little theming things there is virtually no difference in the rooms themselves between Movies and Pop. The difference as others have said is that there are a few differences in layout and some things like the slushy machine and some splash fountains. I would probably agree with the others who say stay at Pop since you have never done it. However, our preference is for Movies rather than Pop.

DisneyWizard
04-28-2008, 03:33 PM
I prefer Pop for some reason. I think the theming and layout is a little better, but to tell you the truth the two are basically the same.

tadshome
04-28-2008, 04:17 PM
We have stayed at the both and they are both great. If you have never stayed at POP then i would try it :thumbsup:

TinkerbellT421
04-28-2008, 04:25 PM
I prefer Pop for some reason. I think the theming and layout is a little better, but to tell you the truth the two are basically the same.

I have stayed at both as well, and prefer POP, I agree with the theming. I was just more cozy in POP than movies. Dont know if cozzy is the right word Im looking for. But they are basically the same, I just liked POP better.

gerald72
04-28-2008, 05:56 PM
Stay at Pop, and then when you get back, let us know which one you prefer.

paragon
05-04-2008, 12:41 PM
Thank you all for your input. I just booked the trip!!! We will be staying at POP!!!! Sept 27-Oct 4. Now counting the days!!!!!!

MauiMouse
05-04-2008, 07:15 PM
Try POP for sure. Slushy machines always seal the deal with my family.

Unfortunately the slushy machine wasn't very slushy two weeks ago, it was more running. Yuck! :ack:

But I still like Pop, it's my value choice.

Crow
05-05-2008, 11:29 AM
good choice.
ive been at both POP & AS a few times & back to POP in Sept.
i like the location better, closer to Epcot whereas AS is not as central
and Pop newer

wmdaddy
05-05-2008, 12:38 PM
I've stayed at both, and I still prefer Movies. I like the lobby, theme, pool, and bar much better at Movies.

JerseyDad
05-05-2008, 12:57 PM
....first time to WDW we went to POP.....second time to Music....and we then decided that we liked POP a whole lot better...and have chosen to go there exclusively ever since. It seems to me that POP is just "brighter" if that's the correct term. The rooms are the same layout as the AllStars resorts...but POP's buildings have 4 floors vs 3 at AllStars.The food court at POP is great....and having your own bus (not shared between resorts) is a BIG plus.

TheMartellFamily
05-05-2008, 07:32 PM
We love, love, love, love POP. We have stayed there a total of 4x's with our next trip being our 5th. We feel that there is so much to offer at the resort for the adults and kids that when we are at the resort it keeps them occupied when not in the parks. We have not stayed in any of the All Stars because we love POP so much. What ever you decide just remeber you are staying on property and nothing else matters. Enjoy yoour trip.

Soul_Power
05-05-2008, 08:51 PM
Thank you all for your input. I just booked the trip!!! We will be staying at POP!!!! Sept 27-Oct 4. Now counting the days!!!!!!

Great choice! You definitely will not regret it. My first trip to WDW was last summer and we stayed at POP and loved every second of it!

Have an amazing trip! :mickey:

iceicebritney
05-06-2008, 11:50 AM
i like movies because it has a pretty nice disney feel with the toy story and other disney movie sections... toy story being my favorite just because its great for family photo ops... but if your not into that, then maybe you'd like pop more.

Eeyore's My Favorite
05-06-2008, 07:05 PM
I've stayed at all the AllStars and POP and I won't go back to POP anytime soon. Our trip in September was as unmagical as it gets, in fact an email to Disney CS provided us with a phone call from a CM where we discussed the many unmagical issues that happened while we were there in September, 2007. POP is way too huge, too noisy, too crowded and had way too many rude guests & unruley/unsupervised kids to make our stay there very enjoyable (and these were just a few of the issues we had.) We stayed at ASMu in January & it was just perfect. Nice, relaxing, a much smaller resort. Refurbished rooms & great theming. JMHO......:mickey:

"SULLEY "RULES!!
05-06-2008, 08:47 PM
Go with the POP! It's a "COOL" hotel. Can't wait til this years trip from November 24 thru December 5th. We put in for the 90's, hopefully we'll get the preferred area. We've already stayed in the 50's and 60's which we loved. Anywhere at the POP is great!!:thumbsup:

Tink#64
05-09-2008, 12:47 AM
We stayed at ASMo's our first trip & it was perfect for us! DS's were 4 & 6 & all into the Story Thing & loved the hug icons & the Scorcerer Mickey at the main pool. Pop opened about 6 months prior to our second trip & we decided to give it a try since it was new & it's now our WDW home. We love the atmosphere, the icons, the music, the pool bar! DS now 10 & 12 still like the interactive water jets! We just love Pop Century! I hope that you enjoy it as much as we do! :thumbsup:

Young@Heart
05-09-2008, 01:01 AM
We love POP, and although I'd like to give ASMo a try, I doubt I could get DC to go anywhere but POP! :thumbsup: