PDA

View Full Version : Park re-entry question

NYC WDW Fan
04-28-2008, 10:25 AM
I bought 7 day Magic your way passes for a 4 day trip (there was about a $1.50 difference total for each ticket).

Even though they are not Park Hoppers, can I enter a 2nd park by "burning a day"? Meaning can I visit Magic Kingdom day 4 and use day 5 to enter EPCOT for dinner the same day?

ljv1975
04-28-2008, 10:30 AM
I don't think that you can enter 2 parks during the same day unless you have paid for the park hopper. Even if you have extra days on your ticket, I am pretty sure that each day of your ticket must be used on a different calendar day.
I have a feeling if this were allowed, Disney wouldn't make the price difference between a 5 day pass and a 7 day pass only a few dollars. Sorry!

Buttercup
04-28-2008, 10:32 AM
Nope sorry. It's not going to work.

Your ticket gets electronically "stamped" with the day's date.

So, if you go to MK on Monday April 28th, your "day" has been used up and the next time you can go somewhere different is Tuesday April 29th.

NYC WDW Fan
04-28-2008, 10:39 AM
I thought it sounded like too good an idea, but had to ask the question.

We didn't get parkhopper's this time, first time ever, because it's a short trip and we've been to WDW often enough to not have the see everything each time. But I wanted to know if I had this option in my backpocket, just in case. :cool:

SoaringEpcot
04-28-2008, 01:00 PM
We tried that as well and it does not work. We ended up having an extra day on our tickets because of it. We did not mind if it took a day off of the ticket, but since we had been to another park that day it would not let us in a different park. All we wanted to do was go in Epcot for dinner. It seems like Disney is missing out on some sales here.

DisneyDudet
04-28-2008, 01:43 PM
We tried that as well and it does not work. We ended up having an extra day on our tickets because of it. We did not mind if it took a day off of the ticket, but since we had been to another park that day it would not let us in a different park. All we wanted to do was go in Epcot for dinner. It seems like Disney is missing out on some sales here.

I do believe that this was allowed a long way back.

Disney has been trying to cut down on the unofficial sale of unused park days for some time, and this is a way to do it.

NYC WDW fan, I hope you purchased the no expiration option. If you don't use your days within 14 days of the first use, your passes will expire.

joonyer
04-28-2008, 03:08 PM
The main reason Disney Park passes are only a couple dollars difference for each additional day you add (diff. between a 5-day non-hopper pass and 10-day is only about $10) is to encourage visitors to stay longer in the resorts, and thus spend more on lodging, food souvenirs, etc. But the park hopper option costs $45, and so to prevent people from purchasing the extra days (just $2-$3 per day) to try avoid paying the hopper fee, WDW does not allow you to use more than one day from your multi-day pass on the same calendar date.

joanna71985
04-28-2008, 05:39 PM
Sorry, it won't work unfortunately.

gerald72
04-28-2008, 05:53 PM
I do believe that this was allowed a long way back.

Disney has been trying to cut down on the unofficial sale of unused park days for some time, and this is a way to do it.

NYC WDW fan, I hope you purchased the no expiration option. If you don't use your days within 14 days of the first use, your passes will expire.

Don't purchase the No Expiration. You would be spending $90 to save $8.

Buttercup
04-28-2008, 06:55 PM
Don't purchase the No Expiration. You would be spending $90 to save $8.

Huh?
Those three days only costed them 8-bucks on this particular pass. That's a great deal! If they don't buy the no expiration option, the next time they go, they would pay around $240.00 each person for three days worth of passes.

Better to spend the 90-bucks now and have three days to use in the future. :thumbsup:

dumbo ears
04-28-2008, 07:28 PM
No u cant do that. I would recomend buying a parkhopper or just going to epcot for the day if you have dinner there

DisneyDudet
04-28-2008, 07:50 PM
Huh?
Those three days only costed them 8-bucks on this particular pass. That's a great deal! If they don't buy the no expiration option, the next time they go, they would pay around $240.00 each person for three days worth of passes.

Better to spend the 90-bucks now and have three days to use in the future. :thumbsup:

Plus, park passes have gone up annually, so if they are planning another trip, they can use them, and save *some* money.

KAJUNKING
04-28-2008, 08:03 PM
i would add no exp and park hopper, its the only way you can get the best use of you tickets, especially if your on a short trip! on a short trip if you decide to go to epcot the first day only to find out its extremely busy, your stuck, you cant hop to another park with hopes the crowds are less, good luck :mickey:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-28-2008, 09:09 PM
My rule is always buy the most days, with hopper option & non-expiring option & then save the extra days until the next trip. It's worth thinking about adding that if you can swing the cost. And that way you CAN hop from one park to the other on this trip & the next one.
You can always upgrade while there but the cost is on the full amount of days, not the days that you have left.

Mrs Bus Driver
04-28-2008, 09:32 PM
My rule is always buy the most days, with hopper option & non-expiring option & then save the extra days until the next trip. It's worth thinking about adding that if you can swing the cost. And that way you CAN hop from one park to the other on this trip & the next one.
You can always upgrade while there but the cost is on the full amount of days, not the days that you have left.
:mickey: I agree I usually go to DL because I live in Arizona, but my next trip will be to WDW and since I know sometime in the future I will go to WDW again (hopefully in a year or so) I bought 10 day parkhoppers no expiration, even went for the plus option. I know some say don't get the 10 day because you may lose the ticket but I've had a DL annual pass for years (I still have my first one). If you can afford it go for the whole enchilada. Just my :twocents:

gerald72
04-30-2008, 08:02 AM
Huh?

If they only need 3-day passes next time they go, then great. But if they need just one more day next trip, then they lose money in the long run. Do the math.

Nascfan
04-30-2008, 01:22 PM
gerald72, I'm pretty sure Buttercup and Disneydudet are right. It's going to be cheaper to spend the $90 now, even if they have to add an extra day or so next time...assuming they know they will be going back.

These are my figures (rounded off for simplicity):

4 days at $60 ea = $240.00
$90 no exp + 1 day at $60 = $150.00
Savings of $90.00

or

5 days at $60 ea = $300.00
$90 no exp + 2 days at $60 = 210.00
Savings of $90.00 again

If I did this all correctly, the savings would increase if ticket prices go up in the future. If?, who am I kidding! Haha!

mainemajor
05-04-2008, 09:30 AM
The main reason Disney Park passes are only a couple dollars difference for each additional day you add (diff. between a 5-day non-hopper pass and 10-day is only about $10) is to encourage visitors to stay longer in the resorts, and thus spend more on lodging, food souvenirs, etc. But the park hopper option costs $45, and so to prevent people from purchasing the extra days (just $2-$3 per day) to try avoid paying the hopper fee, WDW does not allow you to use more than one day from your multi-day pass on the same calendar date.

Very well stated. :mickey: