PDA

View Full Version : High School Musical @ DHS

Friend Of Pooh
04-28-2008, 10:22 AM
I have two DD that are Big High School Musical Fans. We are leaving for WDW this friday and I just want to make sure I have some idea about the High School Musical Show? I'm not sure if it is a show or is part of the New Block Party Bash. If it is part of the Block Party Bach is there good spot to watch this and maybe have a chance to dance with them? :party:
Thank you for any input.

McGoofy
04-28-2008, 10:34 AM
Your DD's will most likely have ample opportunities to see High School Musical. It is not part of Block Party Bash. They come out on a float as they are singing and dancing down Hollywood Boulevard. They stop right in front of the Sorcerer's Hat and sing and dance. Here is the info from my times guide that I picked up in December when I was there:

High School Musical 2: School's Out (25 minute show at Sorcerer Hat)

Times for that day were 9:35; 10:35; 11:35; 1:00; 3:45; and 4:45.

Just grab a Times Guide when you enter the park, and it will tell you all of the current show times for the day that you are there.

joanna71985
04-28-2008, 01:34 PM
The HSM show is seperate from the BPB parade. Enjoy!:)

brewcrew26
04-28-2008, 02:04 PM
They basically sing a bunch of songs from the 2nd film and "We All In This Together" from the 1st movie. I really enjoyed the "I Don't Dance" number. They also have all the kids sit around this carpet area with the adults behind them. We didn't stay for the whole thing, but I think they said there was some sort of participation with the kids. It was lots of fun the part we watched! Enjoy! :mickey:

Friend Of Pooh
04-28-2008, 03:16 PM
Thank you everyone for your information. It really helped me plan our day at DHS. My Daughters are so excited to hear about the
information I have
received.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Magic Smiles
04-29-2008, 09:53 PM
My grand daughter is a Hugh HSM fan. It will be her 7th birthday while we are in WDW. Any recommendations on a HSM birthday gift for her.

RockinRollerMom
04-29-2008, 10:05 PM
Last trip my DD7 got pulled out of the crowd to dance around in one of the songs. (A lot of kids did.) Then at the very end they call all of the kids up front and they all get to dance to the last song. It was a highlight for my DD last trip and I know that it is already on her to do list for our next trip. Have fun!

brewcrew26
04-29-2008, 10:22 PM
My grand daughter is a Hugh HSM fan. It will be her 7th birthday while we are in WDW. Any recommendations on a HSM birthday gift for her.

There's loads of fun HSM gifts at Studios and a few in the MK stores. I don't know how many of them you can actually get oustide of WDW. You could probably make up a nice little birthday gift basket of some little HSM-themed gifts.

Taja
04-30-2008, 01:06 PM

Many--if not most--of the HSM themed items at WDW are available at regular stores.

You might do better (lower prices, that is) if you buy them at home and take paper, tape and ribbon (or gift bag(s)) to wrap the items for your DD's birthday.

Verolovesdisney
04-30-2008, 01:16 PM
Howdy, saw this show late feb, our DD truly enjoyed it. Singing and dancing was very good, and no lip singing either. As mentioned previously, there is a few opportunities for the kids to go up and participate. Also keep a look out for the photopass people near the show; they are setup with HSM pompom's and basketballs, makes for great pictures.