PDA

View Full Version : The problem with September...

Marker
04-28-2008, 08:02 AM
I am very excited that I have a September trip planned again for this year, and I'm really looking forward to it. There is one problem however. September also means the end of summer. Because of our WDW trip I am anxiously waiting for September 14th to come, but I am not happy about anxiously waiting for the end of summer.

Sure, it's only September, and there will still be nice days to come, ut by then we will also begin seeing colder days as well. Jackets and sweatshirts will be back in the daily wardrobe, and we know what that leads to.... COATS, yuk.

So I guess I'm just emotionally torn. I can't wait for it to be time to go to WDW again, but I sure don't want to hurry the end of summer.

Sorry, just random thoughts.

jpH/keD
04-28-2008, 09:27 AM
We plan our beach trips for the absolute last week in August and it makes me feel the same way!! I love it and hate it at the same time! The last day is such a buzz-kill! So sad to say goodbye to summer... Hang in there! Take pix to look back on!! :)

Gottaluvgoof
04-28-2008, 11:56 AM
Our trip is also in September and I am just as guilty as you. I told the kids, "This is sad, I'm wishing away our whole summer." :blush: My DD14 scolded me and said "Well don't do that! The Jonas Brothers concert is July 22nd!" Heaven forbid I forgot the Jonas Brothers. So, it's ok for her to wish away until July 22nd, but not me to wish for September. Although, the minute July 23rd hits, she will be wishing too! She is every bit the Disney nut that I am. You are arriving the day after us Marker. Here's to great weather and a great trip! :tink:

Jeff G
04-28-2008, 12:45 PM
I know exactly what you mean, the countdown to a WDW can never go by quick enough and yet with a September trip planned those final few months are the quickly passing summer days here in Wisconsin. This creates quite the predicament.

Could this possibly work to our advantage though? Hmmmm. Anyone who has been to WDW knows that time is in fast forward the entire vacation whereas time before the trip seems to slow to a crawl. Summer in slow motion doesn't strike me as a bad thing especially when it's only a few months a year in the north.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-28-2008, 10:01 PM
I never thought of it that way. It is kind of bittersweet when you think about it. You'll still enjoy the summer though while still looking forward to your trip.

TheAdventurer
04-29-2008, 12:34 PM
I also have a September trip planned, but I love all four seasons! So by September I'm excited for summer to end and fall to come, and going down to Disney World is a regression back to summer for me when I want it to be autumn :)

BluewaterBrad
04-29-2008, 04:28 PM
I feel your pain.:confused: