PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga Bus Pickup

pluto 77
04-27-2008, 10:55 PM
I know this is on here already somewhere, but I am having trouble finding it. We are trying to decide if we want to stay in Congress Park or the Grandstand section at SSR.
1.I am looking for all the pros and cons of each section.
2. Also i wanted to know the order of the bus pickup cause I have read that bussing is a problem at the springs section and the ones after.

Thanks so much!!!

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
04-27-2008, 11:20 PM
We stayed in The Grandstand section in September. It is the first bus stop to be picked up and dropped off. It is also a very short walk to the main pool and building. We thought it was the perfect location.
Our kids loved the themed pool in that section as well.
The buses were standing only by the time we reached The Springs each day, and the resort was not even that busy.

JMTStone
04-29-2008, 11:57 AM
We've only stayed at the Springs and can tell you its the last one on and the last one picked up. I've never had to stand, though.

sillyolbear
05-01-2008, 11:42 AM
The bus stop order for the resort is: The Grandstand, The Carousel, The Paddock, Congress Park, and The Springs.

We've stayed in Congress Park and the Springs and never had a problem.

Volksjager
05-13-2008, 08:14 AM
We always stay in Congress Park since we love to walk to DTD at night and enjoy the smaller pool and hot tub nearby. It is a 5-6 minute walk to the main building, though you can also take any bus there, since it is the next stop along the way.

On out last trip we also found the path through the golf course that takes you behind the main building, over the water, and to the House of Blues side of DTD.

I can't imagine any other spot that would be better!

RedPanda
06-07-2008, 03:01 PM
We enjoyed Congress Park as well. Even when we stayed at the Paddock, the Congress Park bus stop was more convenient for us.

MinnieMommie
06-07-2008, 06:18 PM
Just got back from staying at SSR and was at the Granstand. It is an advantage to stay at Grandstand because it is the 1st bus pick up and drop off. During busy times the bus gets full by the time the rounds are made around SSR and we have seen standing room only. It was a bit full one day even by the time we got to Congress.

Granstand is the only pool other than the main pool that has a bar (with food) and a refillable mug station (DH loves that). They also have a horse themed water sprite area for kids which is a fun section near the pool done well. They have a hot tub too.

Congress has a nice pool and hot tub and I love being so close to DD. The walk is quick and along a peaceful pathway. If you decide to ask for Congress Park (and there is no guarantee that they will be able to honor your request), ask for a DD view. That is really beautiful especially at night.

Because of a discrepancy between what the computer tells management about the bus pick ups and what the bus drivers and guests say, the bus routes within SSR were closely monitored during our stay. There was a worker at each bus stop tracking the time the bus arrived and where the bus was going. Hopefully some of the bus glitches will be worked out. We spoke to someone who described themselves as middle management who was very concerned about the bus situation. It sounds as if the problem is being taken seriously.

SSR is a nice place to stay. You can't go wrong with either Grandstand or Congress. :thumbsup:

thumperbug
06-11-2008, 06:48 PM
Prior to my last trip (and first stay at SSR) I had read several posts that had recommended Grandstand. We stayed there and we were quite happy we did. Less then 5 min walk to main building and large pool, first bus stop...and when the big pool was too crowded we utilized the pool outside our building..it was perfect.

MsMin
06-11-2008, 07:39 PM
Like many things w/ Disney things change with the season and crowds but we stayed last Oct. and loved it. I was surprised b/c after staying at BWV and switching to SSR, I expected a little let down. We loved to be able to walk to DTD, had a beautiful view from our room and never had a problem w/ the buses. We haven't swam in a resort pool in YEARS so that wasn't a factor for us. We loved that we could walk to DTD and catch a bus to any resort than to make it a 2 bus trip.