PDA

View Full Version : Kids Passports at EPCOT

RockinRollerMom
04-27-2008, 09:42 PM
Can any-one tell me a little more about the passports in WS? We are planning on spending more time in EPCOT on our next trip. In general my DD8 is a thrill seeker, so we have steered clear of WS for the most part in the past. (We have done future world) This will be her 4th trip and we really want to get in some things that we haven't done with her before. We have done the kidcot stations(in future world) on our last trip and she liked that a lot. Any other fun suggestions for kids at EPCOT?

dolphinmickey9170
04-27-2008, 10:03 PM
The passports are fun for kids and adults alike. You take your passport to the general area of the kidcot stops. You ask for a stamp, they sometimes write your name or a greeting in their native language and teach you how to say whay they wrote. It's really neat, you get to meet some really nice people and you just might learn a little about the persons home country. They love to talk about where they come from. Got questions? Ask away! Your child will have a great time!

Tink2002
04-27-2008, 11:52 PM
I was OBSSESSED with my passport the first time I ever visited WS, and I was eight-years-old, as well. There is a section for each country in the book, and you place a "stamp" (sticker) of the country's flag in the section as you visit. You then get to get it stamped by a CM in the country and have a message written in the native language, as the previous poster mentioned. The kidcot stops didn't exist when I did this, but we just asked CMs in the shops to fill the pages out and all were very friendly and willing, so you can probably ask anyone you want to help you out. Overall, it's a really great way to get kids interested in visiting each of the pavilions so you can see what you want to see and enjoy them as well!

Mickey91
04-28-2008, 12:42 AM
I loved filling up my passport last trip! I couldn't wait to have a chance to sit down and place all my stickers on the pages. I only had trouble in on country:pout:, they put DD(10) name on it instead of mine.:cry: (LOL) I wonder if I would fair better with a mask??:D

HndrdPrcnt
04-28-2008, 12:49 AM
My DDs also loved having their passporst signed by the castmembers in each of the countries. And, since we pulled them out of school to go to WDW, our DD8 used this passport along with the mask to give an oral report on what she learned about each of the countries while she was there! Gotta love that!! We will do the same thing on the next trip because once again they will be getting out of school for a week. We may actually even prepare a list of questions to ask cast meembers in each country pavillion so that she can do a more datailed report upon her return!! :thumbsup:

momof3+twins
04-28-2008, 08:42 AM
My boys loved the passports. The castmembers seem to talk to the kids more when they do these. I don't know why. But, it makes them feel special. My 8 year old still has his sitting on his nightstand from 3 years ago.

Buttercup
04-28-2008, 10:38 AM
Instead of buying an actual Epcot Passport, will the CM's in each country sign and stamp an autograph book?

RockinRollerMom
04-28-2008, 10:50 AM
Does any-one know where they sell the passports? Thanks!

MickeyandTink
04-28-2008, 03:15 PM
Does any-one know where they sell the passports? Thanks!

Almost every gift shop in Epcot has them for sale. They are pretty nice looking and run about $10 (if memory serves me correctly).

I'm not sure if all the countries do so, but most of the CM's at the kidcot sections will stamp and sign regular autograph books as well. If it's your birthday, anniversary or other special occassion, let the CM know and they will sometimes include a special greeting in their native language.