PDA

View Full Version : What snack do you have to have

luvdiznee
04-27-2008, 08:22 PM
that you would even make a special trip for? For example, we weren't staying at POP but I just had to make a special trip over to get some Tye Dye Cheesecake. :cloud9: I've done it for Chocolate cov Strawberrys at DTD. And this was after a day at the parks when we were tired. Tell me I'm not alone in this. Anyone else? :D:mickey:

mdhiggin
04-27-2008, 09:02 PM
We went to the GF to see the gingerbread house and buy everyone a shingle. The kids hated them, but I didn't want them to go to waste, so I finished them all, eventually.

We also have to get the Mickey ears rice krispy treats dipped in chocolate every visit, although, they usually have them at whatever hotel we're at.

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
04-27-2008, 09:03 PM
I would walk through the entire park to find the one ice cream cart that has frozen chocolate covered bananas. They are my absolute FAVORITE WDW snack!:mickey:

Jared
04-27-2008, 09:24 PM
I must have a hand-scooped fresh Toll House cookie ice cream sandwich from the Main Street Bakery every trip. I suppose it doesn't require a special trip, because we always spend a couple days in the Magic Kingdom, but it is an extraordinary treat, and I look forward to it with each trip.

:tasty:

IloveDisney71
04-27-2008, 09:35 PM
1. Mickey Ice Cream Bar
2. Tollhouse Ice Cream Sandwich
3. Dole Whip
4. Margarita from Mexico in Epcot (Does that count as a snack? :D:marg:)

Natazu
04-27-2008, 09:35 PM
Herbie's Steamed BBQ Bun - can't walk by without getting one... or so.

The Flying Dutchman
04-27-2008, 09:37 PM
Dole Whip!!!

TheMartellFamily
04-27-2008, 09:56 PM
School bread from Norway and twinkie tiramisu from POP Century. YUM!

BronxTigger
04-27-2008, 10:08 PM
I have a few:

1. Toll House Cookie Sandwich from Main Street Bakery
2. Mickey Bar
3. Beignets at POFQ

tinksmom02
04-27-2008, 10:15 PM
I have several:

Pineapple Float
Margarita from Mexico :marg:
Frozen chocolate covered banana (Mickey bar for DD)
Chocolate covered pretzels from Goofy's Candy Co.

Mmmm I'm hungry...

Polynesian Dweller
04-27-2008, 10:59 PM
Mickey Premium Bar, can't seem to find anything quite like it out of the parks.

svarhall07
04-27-2008, 11:28 PM
CARAMEL CANDY APPLES at the Main Street Bakery. I get one every time I enter MK.

mickeys_princess_mom
04-27-2008, 11:33 PM
Dole Whip (Float) rules! :papple:

Mickey 101
04-28-2008, 01:29 AM
Herbie's Steamed BBQ Bun - can't walk by without getting one... or so.

Where do you get this?

My list includes:

1. Hand-scooped Toll House cookie ice cream sandwich at Sleepy Hollow (while sneaking a bite of my DS's strawberry funnel cake) ;)

2. Cookies 'n Cream ice cream sandwich at ice cream carts

3. Napoleon at Boulangerie Patisserie in France

4. Chocolate from around the world in WS

mrsgaribaldi
04-28-2008, 01:39 AM
Bread pudding from Earl of Sandwich
Dole whip
Soft serve ice cream sundae from Epcot or MK:thumbsup:

KineGirl
04-28-2008, 02:05 AM
DD & I have to get

choc. covered bananas ( even tho I make these at home there is still something about eating the ones in WDW) - mickey head ice cream for DD
Pineapple orange smoothie from Auntie Gravitys
Turkey leg
Dole whip
fried snickers at Cookes of Dublin
chicken empanada from Bongos CS
something from Ghiradelis (sp?)

DH has to have
churro with choc sauce
pretzel
funnel cake

after reading this thread Im going to get..
hand scooped cookie ice cream sandwiches
napoleon

Thank goodness we walk so much in WDW with all those goodies around! And Ive wondered some years how we've come home having walked 50 miles and gaining 5 pounds!? No wonder! In a normal week we would never eat that much (yummy) junk.

still... :cloud9: its worth it

Marker
04-28-2008, 06:16 AM
I'd have to say a Mickey Ice Cream Bar.

mouselover93
04-28-2008, 07:47 AM
chessecake from the elctric umbrella and one of those minnie strawberry fruit bars

Natazu
04-28-2008, 08:25 AM
Where do you get this?
The Herbie's Steamed Buns come from a "food wagon" just outside the Lights, Motors, Action show at MGM.

mouseketeer mom
04-28-2008, 08:46 AM
Mickey's Coconut patties. I buy them at the Poly or Main Street Candy Store.
My DH would say a Mickey head bar. He lives for them.
My DD 14 would say the nuts at the nut carts. She can't pass them up.
My DD 12 would say the Minnie fruit bars and Turkey legs and Dole Whips!
My DS 8 would say the chocolate covered bananas!

LandFan
04-28-2008, 08:53 AM
I agree with Mousketeer_Mom: The Mickey Coconut patties are awesome! I get them at Mousegears or WOD.

I would also say :marg: at the Cantina and refillable frozen cokes at Pop:thumbsup:

MissStyles
04-28-2008, 09:01 AM
Popcorn :popcorn: found at any of the parks

Carrot cake cookie with cream cheese frosting from Goofy's Candy Co.

Waffle with strawberry preserves from the bakery in Norway........

Okay now I'm hungry, fun thread! :thumbsup:

SurferStitch
04-28-2008, 11:55 AM
I always have to get a couple of the iced sugar cookies at the bakery in MK. I also get a couple of the humongous hardly-baked chocolate chip cookies they sell (usually pre-packaged as Minnie's Bakery cookies). They also have them in DHS at the small coffee/book store near the Sci-Fi.

As if last December, the school bread from Norway is also on the list.

EvilQueen2006
04-28-2008, 12:01 PM
Dole float, schoolbread, mickey head rice krispie treats.:mickey: Along with a few other "liquid snacks" viking coffee, grand marnier orange slush and mango margaritas!

DNS
04-28-2008, 12:12 PM
Dole Whip -- yummy

cal5755
04-28-2008, 12:17 PM
Because of intercot I HAVE to have a DoleWhip every trip (so does mom). Also can't leave without having a Mickey Bar and a frozen lemonade.

BelleLovesTheBeast
04-28-2008, 12:28 PM
Our must have snacks:
Caramel Apple at Goofy's
School Bread at Kringla in Norway
Napoleon at Boulangerie Patisserie in France
Pineapple Float at Aloha Isle's
Fudge at Main Street Confectionery

On our next trip we have to try:
Figaro Fries - Pinocchio's Village Haus
Crepes - Crepes des Chefs de France
Spicy Cheese Stuffed Pretzel - Min & Bills Dockside

joonyer
04-28-2008, 02:24 PM
No trip to WDW is really complete without:

Enjoying a big Casey's hot dog on Main Street while waiting for Wishes to start. :tasty:

Soul_Power
04-28-2008, 04:39 PM
We also have to get the Mickey ears rice krispy treats dipped in chocolate every visit

You beat me to it!! That and a Dole Whip! YUM!!!

kg00616
04-28-2008, 06:00 PM
A chocolate milk shake from Ghiradeli's in DD. We used to take the water ferry over every night and get one. :blush:

luvdiznee
04-28-2008, 06:35 PM
Thanks everyone for making me feel better. I may just have to add that Carrot Cake cookie w/Cream Cheese to my list. But I also forgot to mention the Cheesecake at BW Bakery. :cloud9:

Aggie97
04-28-2008, 07:56 PM
My must-haves are:
Mickey Premium Bar
Dole Whip
Tollhouse cookie from Sleepy Hollow

But I also love: mini banana bread loaf from Main Street Bakery, Mickey Coconut Patties, chocolate-dipped Mickey rice krispie treats. :mickey:

mudpuppysmom
04-28-2008, 08:07 PM
I ALWAYS HAVE to have a Mickey Head brownie......but they aren't in the shape of a mickey head anymore -- they are square now. Also a dole whip is now a favorite of mine and DS....we usually share one several times (and they are so refreshing on a hot afternoon!). Finally I always have a margarita from the stand in Mexico (except last trip since I was prego, so next time I'll have to have two -- I've been known to two fist it before tho).

elmjimmlm
04-28-2008, 08:12 PM
Cream cheese pretzel in MK...:tasty: Frozen lemonade AK...:freeze: Anything for Boulangerie Patisserie Epcot...:eat:

Young@Heart
04-28-2008, 11:15 PM
Dole whip float from MK!!! :papple::cloud9:

Mom2Princess'
04-29-2008, 08:51 AM
Where do I begin!

Minnie Strawberry Bar:minnie2:
Dole Whip Float:papple:
Kaki Gori (honeydew!!!):malef:
Pretzel:cheers:

My 7yo DD just dicovered Turkey Legs:turkey: in March. She hasn't stopped talking about them since! They will be added to our list of "Must Do's" for next trip!

DizNee143
04-29-2008, 10:19 AM
popcorn..i dont know what it is about there popcorn but i buy some at least once a day..
the caramel popcorn from the place in liberty square thats kinda connected to the store that that you get let out of from hall of presidents..that is some really really good caramel popcorn!!!! :)

DisneyWizard
04-29-2008, 10:58 AM
Dole whip, margarita, and a scoop of ice cream on mainstreet = perfect snacks at WDW.:D

fairies*n*fireflies
04-29-2008, 11:59 PM
Lefse in Norway
Chocolate Strawberries
The Chocolate Covered Smores at the Main Street Bakery:tasty:

I am looking forward to the Sweet Cream Cheese Pretzels this go around and I think I read that they have praline pecans somewhere?

Going to have to try these Margaritas that everyone talks about also:marg:

AHOTE
04-30-2008, 12:22 AM
Ah, A Viking Coffee and a Cloudberry Horn at Norway. And can't forget a Funnel Cake. :thumbsup:

dumbodoughboy
04-30-2008, 10:04 AM
My mom started the tradition years ago..

She would always tell us that every day, at 3PM, she had to stop and get a Mickey Bar, so my husband and I try to split a Mickey Bar in the afternoon some time every day.

I also have a tradition of having the fresh beignets (?) at POFQ at least once for breakfast each trip...

AND I have to have a Mickey rice crispy bar at least once per trip :mickey:

katzctkpt
04-30-2008, 10:39 AM
To many to mention. But, just ran across the stuffed pretzels this past June at MK Lunching Pad. The jalepeno stuffed one is a :thumbsup:

momof3+twins
04-30-2008, 11:18 AM
Its not a snack. But, Mickey Waffles are a must!!

jwildflower1981
04-30-2008, 01:26 PM
We have to get a Micky Mouse head Rice Krispy Treat from Main St. to bring home every time we go. We have a 9 hour ride home and thats our snack to keep us going. We also get small ones(which are the size of a brick) at the Goofy Candy Co in DTD to munch on throughout our stay. Making me really want one now......

Gator
04-30-2008, 03:43 PM
I can't miss a Dole Whip, MainStreet Sticky Bun, or Maple Pecans at Epcot.

I really miss having a Chocolate and Maple Beaver Tail. Those were the best.

KAT1811
05-01-2008, 11:02 AM
Dole Whip!!!

:ditto:

Margarita from Mexico :marg:

Mmmm I'm hungry...

My DD 14 would say the nuts at the nut carts. She can't pass them up.