PDA

View Full Version : Any food you didnt like?

ASweetLov
04-27-2008, 03:03 PM
Has there been any food or snack in a WDW restaurant or food court that you have not liked?

Personally I didnt like the chocolate croissant, and my boyfriend didnt like the plain yogurt. They were both purchased at Pop Century food court.

nicjohn3
04-27-2008, 03:20 PM
We did not like Yak & Yeti CS. We had some chicken and rice :ack:, however, out of 7 days of meals, we found this to be the only thing that was not good. Everywhere else was great.

SBETigg
04-27-2008, 03:25 PM
I didn't like the school bread in Norway. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't what I expected after all the raves over it here on INTERCOT.

Bethis26fan
04-27-2008, 03:27 PM
I didn't like the Butcher Steak with red wine glaze from sci fi.

princessjojo
04-27-2008, 03:46 PM
I like different foods but I didn't like Boma with few expections:bolt:

elmjimmlm
04-27-2008, 04:46 PM
Mexico...Loved the restaurant...Hated the food...:ack:

disneylovinmom
04-27-2008, 05:21 PM
Bongo's Cuban Cafe in DTD is horrible. :sick:

TheMartellFamily
04-27-2008, 05:24 PM
I did not like the food at Hollywood and Vine. The only things that I felt was edible was the peel and eat shrimp and a few of the kids foods. To me this was one of the worst meals on property.

RockinRollerMom
04-27-2008, 05:29 PM
San Angel Inn/Mexico in EPCOT. Bad service and really bad food.

Jared
04-27-2008, 07:03 PM
I cannot stand Nine Dragons Restaurant. I've written about it before, and I'm not going to start again, but we would never return.

I also don't particularly like the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater, but the setting and atmosphere are fun enough to warrant at least one visit for Disney rookies.

:tasty:

disneylovinmom
04-27-2008, 07:53 PM
I almost forgot that the food at the America Pavillion restaurant at Epcot was also very bad. I think that it is almost an embarrasment to have such a poor example of American food. Yes, we eat hotdogs and hamburgers and chicken strips, but I feel that the quality is just not up where it should be.

MickeyMousse
04-27-2008, 08:37 PM
Ugh-will never, ever return to The Nine Dragons in Epcot. :sick:

Although unlike the previous poster, we loved the School Bread in Norway. It has become our new family favorite!:mickey:

mdhiggin
04-27-2008, 08:49 PM
We didn't like Jiko. I guess fine dining isn't for us. We had to go to Boma to eat after our meal. Lamb and couscous was way too foreign. We don't drink either, so the impressive wine list doesn't mean anything.

The smoked turkey legs taste like ham. That was unexpected, but we like ham, so it was fine.

Gottaluvgoof
04-27-2008, 09:18 PM
Our worst was definitely Sci Fi. The steaks were so tough, you couldn't eat them. The lady in the table across from us, sent hers back 3 times, only to be given the exact same toughness every time. My daughter didn't even bother eating hers. Nothing was good except the atmosphere. It's a shame they don't have better food.

Dulcee
04-27-2008, 09:24 PM
We ate the living seas a couple years back...I can't remember specifics but I do remember being really really unhappy with the food and the service.

PrincessTracie
04-27-2008, 09:58 PM
Mexico!! Worst service and really bad food! We actually got our APPETIZERS after our entree!!! :mad: I've had much much better at Azteca!!

Also didn't care much for Sci-Fi.. not very impressed with their food, but the atmosphere was cool.

tinksmom02
04-27-2008, 10:16 PM
I like different foods but I didn't like Boma with few expections:bolt:

I'll hide with you, I didn't like BOMA either, except for soups and desserts LOL :hide2:

Kairi_7378
04-27-2008, 10:48 PM
Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station. Bleah.

We made the mistake of ordering the pineapple dole whip instead of the dole whip float and were a little mystified about the raves on Intercot over... pineapple ice cream. Corrected this mistake in October!

Nini
04-27-2008, 10:54 PM
I'll hide with you, I didn't like BOMA either, except for soups and desserts LOL :hide2:

Oh man, I didn't even like the soups!! Although every one else in our party did. I pretty much ate off the kid's section. I didn't mind - the place is so cool, and everyone else liked it so much.

I absolutely hated Akershus - this was before it changed to the Princess thing. And to make it worse the waitress, from Norway of course, was so offended. I wasn't nasty about it, just kind of "it's just not for me", but she took it so personally. Not a pleasant experience!

Denise :mickey:

Mickey91
04-28-2008, 01:07 AM
We HATED whatever it was they tried to call a steak at Sci-Fi. It was just plain gross and slimy and we ordered it Medium Well.:sick:

Young@Heart
04-28-2008, 01:15 AM
I didn't enjoy my burger at Sci Fi, but we returned anyway, for the atmosphere. :blush:
However, DH and I agreed to skip it this time around, even though DC are going to miss the cars and the movies.

KineGirl
04-28-2008, 01:44 AM
I love morroccan food and I lovvvvve Tangeriene Cafe (CS) in WS but I was very sadly disappointed by Marrakesh (TS). I found the food over flavored, slightly greasy and the table arrangements completely cramped. Nobody could get in and out of their table without bumping into someone else. I would opt to just walk in to see the belly dancer - you would probably get a better view too. The interior of the restaurant is beautiful though and service was ok

I noticed a bunch of ppl be unsatisfied at Sci Fi - we've had a different experience but then we always just stick to the cold sandwiches, floats and onion rings. All delicious! We dont go often but usually hit it every 3 years or if we have a nube. Im going to take everyones word about their stuff though as it seems to be the concensus and never order those things. I enjoy the SciFi and would hate to mar it.

Tinkerfreak
04-28-2008, 09:06 AM
Oh man, I didn't even like the soups!! Although every one else in our party did. I pretty much ate off the kid's section. I didn't mind - the place is so cool, and everyone else liked it so much.

I absolutely hated Akershus - this was before it changed to the Princess thing. And to make it worse the waitress, from Norway of course, was so offended. I wasn't nasty about it, just kind of "it's just not for me", but she took it so personally. Not a pleasant experience!

Denise :mickey:

We also hated Akershus in Norway for dinner. Out of 6 of us, not one of us liked our food. I guess we just don't like that type of food. We do however love the breakfast there.

MissStyles
04-28-2008, 09:26 AM
I ordered a vanilla milkshake from the foodcourt at Pop...I was so annoyed when they started putting something in a cup that came out of a machine. It was like a frosty, not hand-scooped. I was so depressed!!!! :(

Princess'Mom
04-28-2008, 01:18 PM
The rice creme from Norway didn't do anything for me. In fact, all of the Akershus food is kind of bleah. My Norwegian grandmother's Lefsa beats theirs hands down! ;)

LibertyTreeGal
04-28-2008, 01:35 PM
The skewered meats at OHanas, very bland and very overdone and dry

GeminiAngel
04-28-2008, 04:36 PM
The Asian food at Sunshine Seasons was just plain ole nasty.:ack:
Very greasy and lukewarm.

TinkiTime1989
04-28-2008, 04:48 PM
The breakfast platter and oatmeal at Sunshine Seasons. Yuck! The potatoes were under cooked, the bacon was cold, and the eggs were, for lack of a better term, watery. The oatmeal was like soup and had no flavor. Won't be getting those again. The breakfast croissant sandwich was pretty good though.

KAT1811
04-28-2008, 04:57 PM
Unlike almost everyone on here my family did not care for LLT at all. We will not be returning anytime in the near future. There really isn't a MK restaurant I love for dinner but we do really enjoy the breakfast at CP.

Did not care for Garden Grill in Epcot.

My favorite meal by far in WDW was the barbeque braised short rib served over polenta at Concourse Steakhouse. I am so disappointed that it has not appeared thus far on the proposed Wave menus.

SBETigg
04-28-2008, 05:25 PM
I just remembered that we did not like a lot of the counter service desserts offered with the DP, like the chocolate cake at Flametree BBQ. I have a hard time saying no to chocolate, but that was one I could easily turn down.

Aggie97
04-28-2008, 05:43 PM
We did not care for the napolean or chocolate croissant from the Boulangerie Patisserie at Epcot.

We also didn't like the crispy honey chicken (flavorless) with rice (very soggy) from Yak & Yeti CS at AK.

:mickey:

#1donaldfan
04-28-2008, 06:52 PM
San Angell Inn.....MEXICO.....we love mexican food, but this place has to be one of the worst dinner experiences we've EVER had at a Disney eatery !!!!

....the atmosphere was GREAT, but the food was ......YUCK !!!!:ack::ack::ack:

mouseketeer mom
04-28-2008, 07:47 PM
Pizza Planet at DHS was the only inedible thing we have had at WDW. Worst pizza I have ever had in my life. And I'm not picky.

BelleLovesTheBeast
04-28-2008, 07:59 PM
Sci-Fi! The worst restaurant in WDW. The food was so bad I just didn't eat it....and I'm not a picky eater.

I wasn't crazy about the food at Marrakesh or Bongo's. It was too bland for my taste. I had never had Cuban food so I thought I'd give it a try. As for Marrakesh the entertainment was great but I was expecting the food to be more like Indian cuisine (which I like) and it's not as flavorful so I was disappointed.

AdventurelandTikiGirl
04-29-2008, 09:27 AM
Scrambled eggs at any of the resort food courts. We call them "industrialized eggs," with visions of large vats of scrambled eggs sitting in the kitchen getting rubbery by the minute.

When I was a kid the burgers at 50's Prime Time Cafe tasted like meatloaf :ack:. Don't know if this has changed.

BMan62
04-29-2008, 09:50 AM
The marinated Ahi tuna appetizer at Jiko was unpalletable to me on our last trip. I thought I'd try it, took one bite and turned green. The waiter, bless him, saw this and offered to get me a different appetizer, but I declined in favor of waiting for the entree, which I thoroughly enjoyed.

julyjewel
04-29-2008, 10:03 AM
The pizza we ordered from ASMU. We were starving when we ate but it was gross.

SurferStitch
04-29-2008, 10:20 AM
Dinners at San Angel Inn and Le Chefs de France.

The Nerf Ball disguised as a filet in France was disgusting (have never seen so much fat on a piece of "meat" before, or such a weird rubbery texture), as were the half cooked scallops in a sweet cream sauce. Just didn't work for us. Partially defrosted/soggy desserts were a turn-off, too.

Mexico was just :ack:.

Tinkerfreak
04-29-2008, 10:20 AM
The skewered meats at OHanas, very bland and very overdone and dry

We thought the same thing. We are big meat eaters but it was dry and nasty.

Texas Tinkerbell Too
04-29-2008, 10:26 AM
My vote is for Cinderella's Castle (the "mote" drinking water. I almost couldn't get the glass to my lips because of the horrible smell.)

The garden grill...food was blah.

Hollywood and Vine Dinner...again blah.

DisneyWizard
04-29-2008, 10:55 AM
I don't plan on eating at Marrakesh or Captain Jacks anytime soon. Both didn't impress me.

The drinks at Rainforest Cafe are always fun but the service always leaves something to be desired...

DisneyDog
04-29-2008, 11:03 AM
The Caesar salad at Sci Fi was so plain and boring. Worst salad ever.

MickeyandTink
04-29-2008, 11:07 AM
The only consensus I'm seeing is that no matter what the food or restaurant, there will always be some people who loved it and some who hated it. For us:

Loved it
Akershus - best meal of the trip
CM's - The ice cream with gummi mickeys
Bomas - The soups
1900 Park Fare - The strawberry soup (better than their desserts)

Hated it
Bomas - Zebra domes (Heresy, I know)

Overrated
Le Cellier
Coral Reef

Happy dining to all :eat:

jillluvsdisney
04-29-2008, 01:57 PM
The ABC Commisary at the Studios has terrible food. Come to think of it, I think all the CS in the whole park is pretty nasty.

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-29-2008, 03:42 PM
Hands Down-ABC Commissary...all four of our meals were gross enough that they got thrown away.....

xipetotec
04-29-2008, 04:44 PM
Has there been any food or snack in a WDW restaurant or food court that you have not liked?

Personally I didnt like the chocolate croissant, and my boyfriend didnt like the plain yogurt. They were both purchased at Pop Century food court.

Tony's Town Square was awful in our opinion. And although Yak and Yeti TS wasn't *bad*, we were incredibly dissapointed.

Magic Smiles
04-29-2008, 05:00 PM
'Ohana's food. Actually other than the view we didn't really like anything about 'Ohanas.

ElenitaB
04-29-2008, 09:25 PM
I cannot stand Nine Dragons Restaurant. I've written about it before, and I'm not going to start again, but we would never return.
We actually made the mistake of returning... let's just say we're two for two. :ill: :sick: :ack:

Believe it or not, I wasn't a fan of the Brown Derby. The food was not to my liking (it was the day the park reopened after Hurricane Frances and I think it had been stored during the storm) and the service was not terribly friendly.

julyjewel
04-30-2008, 09:34 AM
My husband and I won't even touch the water anywhere in WDW. If we want a drink, we go to a gift shop and get something bottled. Honestly, I think all the CS in all of the World is horrible. You get the same selection over and over again. I live around Pittsburgh and our amusement parks ( Kennywood & Idlewild) have great food. The kids complain with the lack of options at the World. I guess I am just spoiled with the great amusement park food at our parks here in PA. Sorry to offend anyone. :blush:

Gator
04-30-2008, 03:52 PM
Being from central CA, I'm spoiled with great Mexican food. There's Mexican Diner are everyother corner in town. That may effect my thoughts on WDW a little bit. I've been to San Angel and the Cantina and they are both
Terrible

There is nothing at WDW that gets close to how bad it is at both of those places.

ldc12377
04-30-2008, 04:24 PM
EVERYTHING AT MAMA MELROSE'S

It was the most horrible food I have ever tasted on all my life, not just at WDW!!!:sick::ack:

There were 10 of us we ate there last year and we all ordered different tings so we could all try different stuff and NOTHING was edible. My kids still laugh about the awful face my husband made when he tried his food there.

Texas Tinkerbell Too
04-30-2008, 04:51 PM
Oh my...we ate at Mama Melrose once about 4 years ago. I don't remember it being that bad. I am a little nervous now beacuse we have an ADR for it in September. Do you think the food quality changed since we had it? Should I change my ADR?

mrsgaribaldi
05-01-2008, 08:55 AM
I didn't like the school bread in Norway. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't what I expected after all the raves over it here on INTERCOT.

I felt the same way. I also had a margarita once that made me :sick: and I've never been back. They look so good but I don't think so:blush: I also don't care alot for the fish and chips, they are way to greasy for me:mickey:

offwego
05-01-2008, 09:36 AM
Can't say we would do Sci-fi again or San Angel mostly as the food just wasn't good enough to justify the price.

Mama Melrose (or most of the parks for that matter) was fine as long as it wasn't anything that should be "slow cooked" such as the osso buco which was horrid.

Askerhaus for breakfast left us very cold both from food and service point of view.

(I have to admit we may be the only people who really like nine dragons but with the exception of being unable to order real chinese tea last time we've always had good service and pretty good if not 100% authentic food)

lightyearfan
05-01-2008, 09:43 AM
EVERYTHING AT MAMA MELROSE'S
It was the most horrible food I have ever tasted on all my life, not just at WDW!!!:sick::ack:

me and dw couldn't agree more, we had choosen Mamma Melrose for the Fantasmic Dinner Package and just like your experince, our food was just plain terrible!! it wasl ike eating a bowl of garlic, there was so much garlic in our food that we stunk for the rest of the week!! we will never go back to Mamma Melrose

Victor

Soul_Power
05-02-2008, 02:17 AM
We did not like the food at Hollywood & Vine. We booked here as part of the Fantasmic dinner package and found it to be very "blah" with nothing left to be remembered.

I did, however, like the Fantasmic dinner package aspect of it! If I go back to WDW soon, I will try another restaurant out!

NotaGeek
05-02-2008, 08:14 PM
Anything from a CS location that is served in a box with fries. UGH. :ack:

Stitchahula
05-03-2008, 10:20 AM
Got to agree with Some of you about Boma's.I wouldn't eat there again. The only things I liked were the salads and desserts.

DestinationWDW
05-03-2008, 03:12 PM
I agree with you in regards to the chocolate croissants - look good but do not taste good...Love Boma's but DO NOT like the zebra domes...the fish and chips smelled so good :cloud9: and tasted :sick:....

AdventurerKim
05-05-2008, 03:03 PM
We were very underwhelmed by Captain Jack's. The whole experience left much to be desired.

Mrs.Mickey
05-06-2008, 03:23 PM
I didn't really like the food at 50's primetime cafe, the fried chicken was soggy...yuck. My husbands roast beef was good though, but I don't think we will return.
Oh and I don't understand the Zebra Dome thing I thought they were kinda gross, just not my thing I guess. Boma overall was wonderful.

boobalk
05-07-2008, 06:23 PM
I can't say that there's any one thing I "hated". Somer were better than others. But I'm a very picky eater, therefore I choose places I know I will like. However, our last trip, we separated @ Epcot. The mom's & kids went to Alfredo's and the dads went to Germany. Within about 5 min. the dads had joined us @ Alfredos, because the food @ Germany was so awful!!:ack:

jrpersinger
05-07-2008, 07:26 PM
Hollywood and Vine lunch! Everyone in our party wanted to :sick: by time we left!

And the green beans at LTT. Loved everything else there tho.

disneyfankev
05-07-2008, 07:52 PM
hated Nine Dragons Restaurant and garden grill.
loved the show hoop dee doo the food was just ok

GeminiAngel
05-07-2008, 08:12 PM
hated Nine Dragons Restaurant and garden grill.
loved the show hoop dee doo the food was just ok

I hope Nine Dragons will be good after the rehab. My family choose this place for our Feb 09 trip.

jszczur5
05-07-2008, 09:43 PM

Oh my goodness, I had to double check this post to ensure that I hadn't written it myself.
I was also so looking forward to the school bread last year after having read all of the rave reviews here. I had the tiniest bite, and did not care for it at all. My hubby (who eats anything) finished mine, but didn't touch the second one.
On the other hand, my Intercot friends were spot on about the Dole Whip floats. My mouth is watering as I type this....

garthbarth1
05-09-2008, 07:08 PM
San Angel Inn and Tonys in MK!! The food and service at Mexico was horrible! Got our entree and THEN our appetizer....didnt even bother with dessert...to bad the food is so bad because the atmosphere is great! Tonys tasted like canned italian:sick: I had the baked ziti and it was shaped in a perfect square...kind of sketchy!:ack:

JasonH
05-10-2008, 12:06 AM
Wow, I am shocked at all the negative remarks here, I feel like I'm the outsider of the group.:hide: I have to admit, all the times I've been to WDW and all the different restaurants I've tried through the years, I have personally not been dissatisfied. Every now and then have had trouble with service, but for me, all the food has been great, have never had anything wrong with the food. Now I have been disappointed in a couple choices I've made with my selection of food, but that's MY fault b/c I do like to be adventurous and pick something that could be good and is out of the norm. As I sit here thinking about all the foods I've had, I can only think of one item of food I've gotten before(and I'm not counting Beverly either:funny:) and didn't like....and that was the frozen cappucino(sp?) at France.:sick: Sad to say but a frozen cappucino at QT gas station tastes 10 times better than that does.:thumbsup:

cinderellagrl
05-10-2008, 11:08 AM
1. Tony's In the Magic Kingdom; would never return, pasta hardley better than fast food itailian.

2. Hollywood and Vine; just aweful. Served many foods that seemed like they would be hard to mess up on, but the did!

3. Boma; not bad, just not our style

4. Cinderella's Royale Table; yuck! You think that being the center of it all, they would serve a wonderful meal.

5. Sunshine season; is everthing made with the same thirty year old grease?

one thing I always remember though, is that if we didnt eat a lot at a restaurant, their are always options close that will fill our stomachs

iDisney
05-10-2008, 06:06 PM
I think I am the first to mention the Electric Umbrella in Epcot. My mother and I ate there in January and that was the only food that we were disappointed with. Maybe we just came at the wrong time of day. Either way, things were very blah.

My mother didn't care for California Grill, but I loved it. She said that the food wasn't bad, it just isn't her type of cuisine.

PhilHarHarMagic
05-10-2008, 10:06 PM
I tried a churro for the first time last March and it wasn't all that good, but worse is the chocolate chip cookie they sell at the coffee kiosks in Epcot - I only ate half of it before deciding it wasn't worth the calories.

I tried the "Rice Dream" in Norway and it wasn't what I expected, so I'm not a fan of it either.

Just to stay positive - there are many many more things I like than I don't like!:clappy:

comicguy
05-11-2008, 09:19 AM
Food and resturants that we did not like include:

All Star Movies Pizza:sick:

Mama Melrose

Tony's town Square

Belle_0717
05-11-2008, 02:02 PM
DH and I didn't like Tusker House buffet for lunch. We liked Boma so much better. Do not let anyone tell you that they are the same. That is a huge insult to Boma.

Mousemates
05-11-2008, 11:55 PM
sci fi - a step below expectations on the food, but a great atmospherte .... a very entertaining place to drink amilkshake or have a light snack.

KineGirl
05-12-2008, 12:00 AM
DH and I didn't like Tusker House buffet for lunch. We liked Boma so much better. Do not let anyone tell you that they are the same. That is a huge insult to Boma.

someone really told you they were the same? :confused: I dont know about it being an insult but youre right.. they def are not the same

mudpuppysmom
05-12-2008, 10:36 AM
I live around Pittsburgh and our amusement parks ( Kennywood & Idlewild) have great food. The kids complain with the lack of options at the World. I guess I am just spoiled with the great amusement park food at our parks here in PA. Sorry to offend anyone. :blush:

I live right between Kennywood and Idlewild and I think the food at Idlewild is REALLY nasty!! Now the fries are the best thing they have in the park, but the line is always L O N G!!! I have not been to Kennywood for several years, so I can't comment on how theirs is, but I will say that Sandcastle (the waterpark) has SOME dececnt choices.

As for WDW stuff we did not like....

We did not like Tonga Toast (don't flame us....it was just not our cup of tea). I think it was too greasy IMHO, and DH said he just did not see the attraction to it.

We also did not like Tony's Town Square. I had eaten there years ago and remember it being decent, but when we went last year on the free dining plan it was one of our choices and it just was not good; the server was borrowed from CP, so he had no idea what to suggest and the food we ordered was not very good.

Flatbread Grill was the other place DS and I did not enjoy -- more his kids meal though....the drumstick looked like it was in the garbage! When I said something to the CM about it he said they all looked the same.....dried out over cooked and VERY brown (ie, burned). We won't be back there anytime soon!

mac badger
05-12-2008, 03:35 PM
reading all these posts makes me think -more room for me at these restaurants!
i didnt care for the frozen banana that i got at AK. it was just blah, and too hard to eat (too icy for my teeth)

JasonH
05-12-2008, 08:47 PM
reading all these posts makes me think -more room for me at these restaurants!

I'm thinking the same thing too, and as I stated previously in my post I just can't think of anything except for the frozen cappucino from France. I had told my DMom about all the posts here and she just :jaw: And she is in the same boat as I am...neither one of us can think of any time we've been disappointed with the food. Ah well....more room for me too...scoot on over mac badger, think I'll join ya if you don't mind:thumbsup:

thejens
05-13-2008, 11:48 PM
Funny, I think I've had mostly great food experiences thanks to all the advice I've received on Intercot. I did race to try the Dole Whip and School Bread thanks to Intercot. The Dole Whip did not impress me, so next time I am going for the float. I did love School Bread, but you've got to like coconut and cardomon. My grandmother was also Swedish so perhaps the Scandinavian genes help. I'm trying Akersus next time, so interested to see if it is good to me or not. I agree with Sci Fi, cool place, very mediocre food. The great thing about Disney is even with bad food the atmosphere is interesting in nearly every restaurant. I found Hollywood and Vine pretty good actually. Not excellent, but enjoyable. The Studios seem to have the worst food all in all. I wish Beach Club had a good counter service, we had to resort to the little market pre-made sandwiches. So so. Mostly I have had very good dining experiences. Thanks to all the helpful Intercot advice!

snifflesmcg
05-14-2008, 12:52 AM
The only thing I can remember not liking was some sort of cold oysters at Cinderellas Royal table. EW!

RALPH
05-14-2008, 06:49 AM
I did not like the food at Hollywood and Vine. The only things that I felt was edible was the peel and eat shrimp and a few of the kids foods. To me this was one of the worst meals on property.

I would have to second this. The food seems to have gone downhill here. In fact, my DW and DS have asked that we not eat there any more. Since they don't like the other 2 places to eat, we cannot get the Fantasmic dinner Pkg.