PDA

View Full Version : Fastpass Question?

lightyearfan
04-27-2008, 12:40 PM
does everyone have the opportunity for fastpass? because everytime that me and dw go to lets say Splash Mountain, and we of course do fastpass, as we walking threw to get in, the other line(non-fastpass) is always long and we here those people say, ya thats the fastpass line, so we were just curious to know why doesn't everyone do fastpass?? are there certain rules to who can get fastpass? does it only work if your staying on Disney property? Again just curious.

Victor

SBETigg
04-27-2008, 12:53 PM
Everyone can use Fastpass. Unfortunately, some people are not aware of that fact and do think it's some elite special thing that they can't use, and they do grumble about it in line. Sometimes, though, the standby line is long because people have Fastpassed other attractions and you can't hold more than one at a time within a limited time frame.

ltam16
04-27-2008, 04:36 PM
We used fastpasses this past trip on some rides, but others we didn't. I have a hard time planning it--getting it and going to do other stuff we want to do relatively close so we dont have to walk forever to get back to ride--with 2 wheelchairs and 2 kids I hated having to trek all over the place.

SpaceMtn101
04-27-2008, 04:54 PM
Sometimes the fastpass line is long due to a ride going 101. At Space Mtn we would have this problem that the fastpass line is as long as the stand-by line.
There are also several different types of fastpass that can contribute to it also which include:
dream fastpass
rider switches (if there is a height requirement)
GAC cards
attraction re-entrys
no strings
This is why we tell people that the least wait they will have is if they come between their time frame unless a 101 occurs because then it still becomes longer but is shorter than standby.

Certain rides are better to fastpass
Soarin
Space Mtn
BTM
Test Track
Tower of Terror
Rock N Roller Coaster

but still be patient with a fastpass and the lines. The cms are trying their hardest to move everyone through the line as fast as they can

DisneyDudet
04-27-2008, 05:09 PM
Many, MANY moons ago, when FP was in its infancy, it was for people with multi day passes. They have since changed it, and anyone can use it.

Some people don't use it because they do not understand it, which can be attributed to a lack of planning, which a lot if Disney guests do. Others see that window (possibly 2-3 hours away, maybe longer) and look at the standby time (maybe 45 or hour) and just get in line, not wanting to wait that long (even if you can do other things while waiting). Others, used to other parks, think its an extra charge to utilize FP.

All I know is that the more people in the standby line, the earlier my FP will be!

reeeoga
04-27-2008, 06:06 PM
Some people think it costs money to use. I ran into a few that thought that during our last trip.

Some people also simply go from one ride to the next and don't have any other plan.

JPL
04-27-2008, 06:54 PM
Also during busy times of the year FPs run out especially for the more popular attractions so some people can't get them.

barnaby
04-27-2008, 07:07 PM
Also during busy times of the year FPs run out especially for the more popular attractions so some people can't get them.

Thats what we experienced.
And we also didn't grab FPs if we were at a park at say 10AM and the next available FP wasn't until say 7PM that night, and we planned on being at another park that evening.

KylesMom
04-27-2008, 08:01 PM
Although FastPass is available to all who enter, it absolutly amazes DH, DS and I when we enter a FP line and get glares from all around while bypassing the 90-200 minute standby queue. In fact, oftentimes on Big Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain & Space Mountain we are hindered by folks in the standby line who insist on trying to trip us up - which indicates that they are there for a day trip and have no idea how FastPass works! Goodness, all they would need to do is open up a park map & they'd be well informed on how to use this valuable option!

lightyearfan
04-28-2008, 11:06 AM
thanks for answering guys and gals:mickey:

Victor

joonyer
04-28-2008, 03:17 PM
Don't forget, many of those people in the stand-by line may already be holding a FastPass for a different attraction, or even that same attraction at a later time. We do this all the time. Get a fast pass for Splash Mtn. for instance (for maybe an hour from now) then get in the standby line, wait & ride it, get off and then get right back in the FastPass line and ride it again.

DisneyWizard
04-28-2008, 03:29 PM
It used to be a lot worse - people would get very angry and yell as you passed them in the FastPass line. I haven't noticed that anymore.

SandmanGStefani24
04-29-2008, 08:19 PM
unfortunately now the fastpass window was extended to an hour or so, so now the fastpass is almost as long as waiting in line for some attractions. i waited 45 minutes in Space Mountain's "fast"pass, and an hour in soarin'.
it's almost self defeating now, but it does shave some time off the longer waits.

katzctkpt
04-29-2008, 08:48 PM

This happened on EE last June when we were there and I've also seen the FP line be as long a wait as the regular line. Maybe another park might help.

KineGirl
04-29-2008, 08:53 PM
Another thing to keep in mind about FPs is that you cant just get one right after another. If you get a FP at say 10am you cant get another one until 11 am (I think its an hour but it could be 2).

#1donaldfan
04-29-2008, 09:09 PM
Anyone can use the FP system, it just takes a little "trial n error" to perfect it to your type of park enjoyment....

.....there's a guy at my work that I found out went to Disney and I hit him up for details...he truly thought for 3 whole days that the people passing them by in line using the FP paid a higher price for their tickets....I sure wish he'd asked me for Disney details, I would have helped him out....he should have known I was a Disney addict by just looking at my desk.....he will know next time I suppose....

merlinmagic4
04-30-2008, 06:47 AM
Anyone can use the FP system, it just takes a little "trial n error" to perfect it to your type of park enjoyment....

.....there's a guy at my work that I found out went to Disney and I hit him up for details...he truly thought for 3 whole days that the people passing them by in line using the FP paid a higher price for their tickets....I sure wish he'd asked me for Disney details, I would have helped him out....he should have known I was a Disney addict by just looking at my desk.....he will know next time I suppose....

Some people sitting next to me near KRR had won Dream Fastpasses and they were saying how it probably saved them 200.00 on the cost of the regular fastpass!

I also had a woman at a local jewelry store tell me to be sure to pay the extra money to bypass the long lines :D

Mnchknbrat1982
04-30-2008, 10:49 PM
Here is how I handle fastpass:

First I look to see the wait time in the regular line and if its less than say 30 minutes I don't do fastpass. If more than I will do fastpass.

gerald72
05-01-2008, 07:26 AM
How many guests do you think unknowingly don't keep their ticket once they enter the park, thinking it is of no more use? Do you think you could find many lying around (potential additional fastpasses!)?