PDA

View Full Version : Parks Closing At Capacity

elmjimmlm
04-27-2008, 10:15 AM
We will be there NY this year and I am wondering if MK is the only park that closes at capacity? I have read that Epcot is the best park to go to that night, but has it ever closed on NY too? Thanks...

DizneyRox
04-27-2008, 11:44 AM
Yep, they will probably all hit some sort of closure on NY. MK will definitely hit phase 4, Epcot will probably hit 4 at some point as well.

My advice on major holidays is to get to the park you want to end the day at FIRST THING IN THE AM and plan on staying all day.

As a resort guest, you are guaranteed entry into A park. A has two meanings. The first, you can get into one of the four major theme parks. Maybe not the one of your choice, but A theme park. The second meaning that I think a lot of poeple miss is: ONE! Once you get into A theme park on that day, they have fulfilled their obligation. So, get to THE park you want to celebrate in and stay, you MAY be able to park hop, you may not. It's not worth the risk IMHO.

pcoleman
04-27-2008, 11:51 AM
We went a few years ago and by 10:00am ALL parks were filled to capacity. Even staying on site did not guarantee an evening entrance. We spent the time doing lesser known things and it was great.

MuchLovedMama
04-27-2008, 11:52 AM
From what I've read they all have a max capacity & once they're hit they'll close. I read a reviewer say that he had a 4 day pass & he had to use 3 of them at Epcot because the other ones were close & he added another day to his stay hoping to go to another one but no luck. Not sure when this was but it tells me they'll all close if max capacity is reached.

Actually I do remember reading though that the only people that were allowed to enter were those that used the Disney transportation so maybe if you were at a Disney resort you'd be o.k.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
04-28-2008, 09:02 AM
Even if you are using Disney transportation, you may not be able to go through the turnstiles. You'll just get through the toll plaza for parking.

Last year, none of the other parks had phase 4 closing except MK. I don't know the other parks phase, but when I went to work at 12, the others were still open and at 6pm, I called Ops and they said Epcot and DHS were both still admitting Guests.

TheRustyScupper
04-28-2008, 12:23 PM
1) MK does hit capacity on major holidays.
2) I do not know of an occurrence where two parks were at capacity at once.

DizneyRox
05-03-2008, 12:41 PM
1) MK does hit capacity on major holidays.
2) I do not know of an occurrence where two parks were at capacity at once.
Dec. 31, 1999 is an easy one.