PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic! - Dinner Package?

Gregandmel
04-27-2008, 09:35 AM
Has anyone ever done the Fantasmic dinner package? I believe this is where you have ADR at 1 of 3 different places, with a secured spot at the FAntasmic show at DHS. We are going on an evening where it's offered twice and are planning on seeing the 9pm show. I just wanted anyones input on if they had done this before, and what they thought. Are the seats any good? Thanks!!!!

disnyfan4ever
04-27-2008, 09:40 AM
We did this and loved it. IMO if you want to see Fantasmic its the only way to go. You don't have to wait in line in the crowds for general seating. The seating for the package is good.

We actually are doing this again when we go the end of this month in 34 days, 0 hours, 17 minutes and 6 seconds:mickey:

RockinRollerMom
04-27-2008, 09:47 AM
I think it all depends on when you go. I've done the dinner package before in early May and was glad that we did it. It was very crowded. Last trip (early December 2007) we walked right in 10-15 minutes before the show without any problems. There were actually still lots of seats left. If you are on the dining plan or if Fantasmic is a must see for you, I think the dinning package is a great idea.

Gregandmel
04-27-2008, 11:46 AM
We are going to be there on Sunday, OCt. 5th, so I don't know if that time of year warrants going that route to secure a spot or not. We are doing the 9pm showing due to EMH, so if anyone has insight as to the time of year we are going, and seeing the 2nd show as opposed to the 1st, would be great. Thanks!!

Hull-onian
04-27-2008, 11:48 AM
We just went to Fantasmic last Sunday evening. We ate at Sci-Fi Diner at 5:30 p.m. Then GS had time to do R&RC one more time. We walked into the Hollywood Hills Theater and got a seat right away at 7:45 p.m. We won't do a Fantasmic Dinner package because we do not like the entrance they use next to where they keep the strollers. It is all up hill. Anyways, the show was great, dinner just okay, I like Prime Time 50's diner much better. We had a swell time.:mickey:

andreallybadeggs
04-27-2008, 04:27 PM
Even though the second show is usually less crowded, since the Oct. 5 EMH are in the evening it's likely to be busier and I would certainly consider the dinner pkg. Depends on how picky you are about your seats. The seats are fine but not the best in the amphitheater. You'll be a bit right of the center section as you face the stage.
If you have to be center/center or something than you'll need to wait in line at least an hour, maybe more depending on park attendance that day. Our family loved doing the dinner pkg. You'll get some differing opinions on the participating restaurants so I'll go ahead and weigh in on this.
The least expensive option, Hollywood & Vine gets mixed reviews but everyone in our group of 9 really liked the buffet. Those of us who have more eclectic taste found dishes to our liking but so did the meat & potatoes gang.
Have a wonderful trip.:mickey:

Mickey91
04-27-2008, 04:44 PM
We did the dinner package once. We enjoy the 50's Prime Time and since it is not a participating restaurant we wait in line. The seats in the package are to the right of the stage. Not even close to center. If this doesn't bother you than they are fine seats. You have a good view of the "movie" and a decent view of all the stage. You will still want to get there fairly early as the seats fill bottom to top and there are quite a few people doing the package as well. If you wait too long you will have a guarenteed seat but not necessarily a good one. The crowds should be higher that evening with EMH. The show is worth it either way you decide to go! Have fun!!:mickey: