PDA

View Full Version : WDW wedding!?

disneychic426
04-26-2008, 09:19 PM
i am only a teenager but for the last two years i have wanted to..one day get married in the grand floridian wedding chapel and have a whoel disney related wedding.If you have ever done this and want to share any special things you can have at ur wedding or tell me anything about it that would be great! :thumbsup:

RobWreck
04-26-2008, 11:32 PM
My wife and I got married at the Disney Wedding Chapel in October 2001. What sort of special things did we have? Well, how about my bride-to-be arriving in Cinderella's glass coach, a photoshoot at the Wilderness Lodge (and the not-quite-opened-at-the-time Wilderness Lodge Villas), a reception in the VIP lounge at The Living Seas (it's not open to the general public, but it's a room right above the Coral Reef restaurant with the same windows into the tank), scuba diver's in the tank doing 'YMCA' with our guests, and top it all off with a dessert party on a roped-off private terrace on the water behind The Rose and Crown pub timed for our guests to enjoy Illuminations...
Disney lets you pull out all the stops and makes planning a wedding easy, even long distance. Plus, on my wedding day I knew that my only worry was getting to the limo in the morning. From that point on, Disney's wedding coordinators handled EVERYTHING smoothly... from making sure the photographers and transportation was all set up, to handling special drink requests at the reception. With a staff of professionals handling every tiny detail, my wife and I really just enjoyed the whole thing...
Rob

DizneyRox
04-27-2008, 07:51 AM
Planning a wedding through Disney is very carefree. I've been more stressed planning my vacation than my Disney Wedding. The only real questions are what do you want to do, and how much money do you want to spend.

EVERYTHING is possible for a Disney Wedding. I'm sure they would paint Main Street USA Orange if you wanted it, provided you pay for it, and the time that normal guests wouldn't be allowed into MK, and the cost to paint it back, etc.

If you are serious, now is the time to start saving. Back in 2001 we spent in excess of 30K for the 5 hour event. That covered about 40 people. You can count on (at least) $1500 for the Wedding Pavillion, $2500 for Cinderella's Coach, about $750 per character, about $95pp for food and possibly $12pp for the cake. Other things like floral, lighting, DJs, etc all add up. Heck, I think it was about $3 per chair for chair covers, which I think is very important as without it you're sitting on plain old convention chairs (not very "snazzy"). I think our photography was in the 6K range, video was like $2500.

RobWreck
04-27-2008, 10:25 AM
DisneyRox is right on about the costs... we had about 35 people (counting me, my wife and the rest of the bridal party) and it ran close to 25,000... and that's not counting the 'non-Disney' expenses (like invitations, wedding favors, bride's dress & headpiece, tux rentals, toasting flutes, etc...).
Of course, that money did include all day videography, so we've got video from before the ceremony all the way through the closing fireworks. In short, check Disney's 'Fairytale Weddings' website to get an idea about prices... I'm sure they've gone up in the 6+ years since we were planning our wedding.
Rob