PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about Garden Grill

RockinRollerMom
04-26-2008, 08:01 PM
We are thinking about trying the Garden Grill for the first time on our next trip. The only "family style" meal that I have ever eaten was at the princess breakfast in Norway and we had 9 in our party. This time there will be just the 3 of us. (me, DH, and DD8) Will we have to sit with other people? Also I noticed that there is a different menu for adults and children. My daughter tends to like the adults selections better than the childrens. Does she have to eat the childrens selections? Any info is greatly aprreciated!

Tigerinvestigator
04-26-2008, 09:13 PM
We love the GG. We have three DD's ages 3, 6, and 11 and it is their favorite restaurant at WDW! To answer your questions: 1) No you will not have to sit with anyone else because everyone has their own table. 2)As far as the food goes, they will bring out two skillets, one will have the "adult" food and the other will have chicken strips, macaroni and cheese, and fries. Your DD can eat out of both skillets and they will not care. You can eat from her skillet as well.

You will also get some of the best one on one time with Mickey, Pluto, and Chip & Dale so make sure you have your camera ready when they come around. Also great views of Living with the Land boatride while you eat. Have a great meal.:thumbsup:

Niecyboo
04-26-2008, 09:15 PM
Don't worry, you will be seated at a table just the right size for your party, and will be brought food for just your party. They bring a sampling of all the different dishes, both adult and children and you can choose what you want. My kids prefer adult foods as well, and we've never had a problem. If you want more of a certain dish, just ask your server and they will bring it out to you.

RockinRollerMom
04-26-2008, 09:20 PM
Thanks for the info! I am definetly leaning towards trying the Garden Grill now. Are there any tables better than others? Also do you recommend lunch or dinner? Thanks a bunch!

mouseketeer mom
04-26-2008, 09:23 PM
Our family loves the Garden Grill. We've eaten there on a number of occasions and have always been really pleased with both the food and the characters! The food is delicious. Really. It is some of my favorite food on WDW property. The catfish is peppery and good, the flank steak tender and delish. The butter is even so yummy! (Its flavored with orange perhaps?) We have had some of the best interaction with Mickey while at the Garden Grill. Something about the way the tables are set up makes ones time with the characters feel more private. One time Mickey even brought out a cake and held it while we sang for my sons 7th BD. We didn't even ask for that, our waiter just saw his button. That was priceless. I think you will really like the Garden Grill!

jedi jen
04-26-2008, 11:30 PM
GG is my kids' favorite restaurant. We have always had a great time. We always ask for seating on the lower level--closer to the Land ride. Have a great time. :mickey:

joanna71985
04-27-2008, 08:16 AM
GG is fun, and there is great character interaction. Also, you will be sitting with just your party. I ate there solo, and sat by myself.

"SULLEY "RULES!!
04-27-2008, 09:47 AM
Can't wait!!! My husband and myself will be trying the GG for the first time this year. We'll be down there over the Thanksgiving holiday. Nov. 24th thru Dec. 5th. We'll also be celebrating a belated anniversary, 11 years to be exact. We always have a magical time no matter where we eat. Thanks for the info.:thumbsup:

RockinRollerMom
04-27-2008, 09:57 AM
Sulley, our trips will be overlapping! We will be there Dec 2- Dec 9th!

DizneyFreak2002
04-27-2008, 12:34 PM
I am eating at Garden Grill for the first time... I just read this post and realized I made a great choice... Now, I can say I am officially excited about Garden Grill...

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-27-2008, 07:13 PM
Thanks for a great post! I didn't realize that DD would be able to eat off our choices as well, and I'm glad, it will give her more selection than yet more mac 'n cheese!

We've never been to Garden Grill, but I'm getting excited!

Tigerinvestigator
04-27-2008, 07:54 PM
Thanks for the info! I am definetly leaning towards trying the Garden Grill now. Are there any tables better than others? Also do you recommend lunch or dinner? Thanks a bunch!

The tables on the lower level offer a better view of Living with the Land boatride, but other than that every seat would be about the same. I recommend Lunch because it is exactly the same food at a much cheaper price!

SFTrny
04-27-2008, 09:58 PM
Epcot ..and especially the Land Pavillion can get absolutely insane when it is crowded. I was suprised at how crazy the crowds are at the Land. Getting ADR at Garden Grill is a wonderful idea. You will find it an oasis in the mayhem. We had a WONDERFUL lunch there and our cast member / server was a highlight of the trip. Really good food! Have fun.

Mickey91
04-28-2008, 01:11 AM
We love the Garden Grill. You meet Chip, Dale, Pluto, and Mickey. There is all you can eat catfish, flank steak, and something else. Plus a cheesy potato casserole that is okay but the smashed potatoes were way better:(. Everything is actually really good and we love the way it revolves so that you get to see part of the Living with the Land ride.

SFTrny
04-28-2008, 06:02 PM
I forgot about the flank steak! It is soooo GOOD! Oh..and save room for the BREAD PUDDING dessert!

TinkiTime1989
04-28-2008, 06:27 PM
The Garden Grill is awesome! It is our favorite character meal. When we ate there on Spring Break in late March the menu was as follows:

Chip ‘N’ Dale Harvest Feast
All-You-Care-to-Eat Family-Style Dining

Lunch $24.99
Dinner $32.99
Child’s Lunch $13.99
Child’s Dinner $15.99

Buttermilk Biscuits and Cornbread

Fresh Garden Salad (Served with Dinner Only)

Rotisserie Chicken
Southern Fried Catfish
Flank Steak with Mushroom-Cabernet Sauce

Tillamook Cheddar Potato Casserole
Baby Green Beans

Fresh Strawberry Puff Pastry

Guests Ages 9 And Under
Chicken Nuggets-Macaroni & Cheese
Served with Potatoes and Vegetables
Make your own Cupcake
French Fries Available Upon Request

While the menu was slightly different from what we were used to being served there (no more orange-honey butter with bread, no more roasted pork loin, no more dessert sampler) it was all very good! I think we actually liked the changes more. The cornbread was moist and delicious, much better than the bread IMO. The rotisserie chicken had a wonderful flavor and was very moist. The strawberry puff pastry was also very good. Enjoy!!