PDA

View Full Version : Are ADR required?

kg00616
04-26-2008, 03:18 PM
We're only staying in Disney one night so we're not really planning much besides hotel. I do have a character breakfast planned but I'd rather just figure out the other meals when it comes time. Can I do this or will we be out of luck trying to find restaurants?

Thanks! :mickey:

elmjimmlm
04-26-2008, 03:25 PM
I guess it all depends on what day of the week, what time in the year you are going and what park...If the park that you are going to has EMH then you should make an ADR...I think that if you have a certain restaurant that you want to go to then make one instead of leaving it to chance...

HndrdPrcnt
04-26-2008, 04:23 PM
Why not get an ADR and then if plans change, cancel your ressie to let someone else have the chance to dine there while you find another place to dine?? It is not required to have an ADR, but it is highly suggested.

The other variable that plays a main factor is the party size. If you have anything more than 4 people, I would say that an ADR is a HUGE necessity. If only 2 of you, you should be able to find a restaurant that you can do walk up to. However, again it depends on the time of year.

buzznwoodysmom
04-26-2008, 04:58 PM
If you don't have your heart set on any particular place, then you may be able to get something decent once you arrive. However, don't count on being able to get a last minute ADR or be a walk up at popular places like Ohana's and Le Cellier (just to name a couple). While I am sure some people may get lucky, I wouldn't exect to get those without an ADR made in advanced.

kg00616
04-27-2008, 05:12 PM
Hmmm, well we're going next week and will be there on Wednesday and Thurs. I really have no idea which restaurants we'd even want to try so I guess we'll just chance it. We're going to be in MK on Wed. and AK on Thurs. Any suggestions? (Oh and we're staying at the Cont.)

SBETigg
04-27-2008, 06:27 PM
It's still not too late to make ADRs. It's a good idea to check into availability as soon as you know what you may be interested in.

Grand Floridian Cafe is a good place that may have availability near the MK. California Grill at the Contemporary is amazing if you're looking for finer dining. Near the AK, you might want to look into Boma at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. In the park, there's Yak and Yeti.

If you wait until the last minute and end up stuck for ideas, call Disney Dining and they can tell you what's available for the time you're interested in. It may involve some versatility in timing. Both parks and your resort have some excellent counter service options if you end up out of luck with table service.

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-27-2008, 06:56 PM
I always recommend ADR's. The restaurants are just so busy these days, that it can be really hit-and-miss with getting in without one.

You can call the day before, or even the morning of, anything is better than just walking up! I have seen people walk in, even at busy times, but I've seen way too many turned away to chance it!

Jared
04-27-2008, 06:59 PM
Advance Dining Reservations are not required, but considering the current popularity at the restaurants, I strongly recommend making arrangements. I know it seems strange to commit yourself to a particular place weeks or months before the actual meal, but during the busy season, walk-ups are often turned away.

Kona Cafe at the Polynesian and the Grand Floridian Cafe at the Grand Floridian are both wonderful and regularly have available tables. If you're looking for a buffet, my favorite is Boma - Flavors of Africa at the Animal Kingdom Lodge.

:tasty: