PDA

View Full Version : Resort restaurants vs Park restaurants

RockinRollerMom
04-26-2008, 01:40 PM
I have used the Dining Plan on 2 past trips and will be using it again for my next trip. I always make ADR's for my meals. I have noticed that generally restaurants that are located in the parks are the the only meals that I have had to wait to get seated at. When I go to a resort restaurant I almost always get seated right away. Has any-one else noticed this or has it just been my luck?

reeeoga
04-26-2008, 02:19 PM
The more popular the place, the longer the wait. We had a 15 minute wait at WWC, but only a 5 minute wait at Cape May for breakfast.

I guess it is hit and miss.

Seasonscraps
04-26-2008, 02:36 PM
I noticed the same thing. I don't think we were ever seated within 10 minutes of our ADR time at a park..it's usually later then that which is annoying when you also get there early like we are asked when we made the adr.

Resorts we have generally been seated right away.

HndrdPrcnt
04-26-2008, 04:29 PM
It really depends on time of year and popularity of the restaurant. Some restaurants, such as CA Grill and O'Hana, are always busy and hard to get in to, even at a resort. However, a sure bet is an ADR and getting there early.:thumbsup:

buzznwoodysmom
04-26-2008, 05:03 PM
We've always waited around the same amount of time for an ADR weather in park or at a resort with the only exception being Ohana! We have had to wait long every time we've ever eaten here, and we do it on every trip. That is the only place I every really notice a longer than usual wait time, but we enjoy it. We love having drinks, sitting around the lobby, people watching, talking and just enjoying one of our favorite places in WDW.

BelleLovesTheBeast
04-26-2008, 08:28 PM
I've waited about the same except for Ohana's. Even with an ADR I always wait 20-30 mins. Other than that I think the longest I've had to wait was 10 mins....at a resort or the park.

Natazu
04-27-2008, 02:27 AM
Out of the restaurants that are the hardest to get a table, most of them are in the parks. You'd be surprised at the number of people who go to Disney, even on the dining plan, and never try a restaurant outside the parks. I'd say that's the reason you've noticed longer waits for a seat with an ADR.

MickeyandTink
04-28-2008, 03:48 PM
Maybe our experience was different because it was during free dining, but we waited as long or longer at the resorts as compared to the restaurants at the parks.

KylesMom
04-28-2008, 04:03 PM
We have found the waits longer at the resorts versus the parks - with an exception or two. We travel during the summertime . . .

However, the waits are usually more pleasant at the resorts due to ample seating and the availability of a lounge to partake in an adult beverage while we're waiting! :mickey: