PDA

View Full Version : yet another stroller question.....

DestinationWDW
04-26-2008, 11:22 AM
Hi Everyone! We will be vacationing the World in October! My littlest will have just turned 5. He currently weighs 40 pounds. We rented a stroller for him last year - he did sit in it - big brother and sister are 13 and 10 and walk a bit faster. Also at the end of the night with the crowds we felt safer with him in it. With knowing all this - and the new stroller rental pricing :( - Does anyone know of a decent, not too expensive stroller I could pick up to bring along for him that holds 40 - 45 pounds? What is everyone else planning to do? Thanks everyone! :mickey:

MickeyMomof2
04-26-2008, 01:12 PM
My son was five and about 42 pounds on our last visit. We just used a regular umbrella stroller. They are less than $20, and easy to use in the parks and on the buses. I don't know what the official weight restrictions are for these types of strollers, but it worked fine for us.

scootch713
04-26-2008, 03:55 PM
I am in the same boat with a 6 year old. I take my girls by myself, so having one "confined" really is helpful. We are cancelling a character meal and renting. I hate paying the extra money, but know I have to have a stroller for her. I would go to BabiesRUs and see if he fits in any of them. We have a jogging stroller, but I don't want to have to deal with it on the bus/airport.

crazypoohbear
04-26-2008, 03:56 PM
check out target/walmart for a cheap one. If it's only a one time deal it would last you the week and still cost less than renting. Plus with him being 5 he would not be using it excusively so it shouldn't have alot of wear and tear in the week.

Flower
04-26-2008, 08:34 PM
This time of year you may even be able to find one at a yard sale...I was able to snag a Graco duo glide for $20 and an umbrella stroller for $2!!!! It sure beat paying the rental price!

Niecyboo
04-26-2008, 09:46 PM
The Evenflo Xsport is a nice stroller. It runs about 29.00 and holds up to 40 lbs. but you can stop by Walmart or Target and see if it works for you. Our son has used it on several trips and he is was a VERY tall 4 year old. The nicest part is it folds up small but has a basket and canopy. You may never get a chance to use it after this trip, but it's still cheaper than renting. Another good idea is the garage sale route. You never know what you may find.