PDA

View Full Version : Intercot Friends Please Help...The Gauntlet Has Been Thrown Down!

HndrdPrcnt
04-26-2008, 12:32 AM
Ok friends, I need your help!! My mother-in-law doesn't have faith in me that I can find something that she has given up on.

She calls them "puffy-towels". Here is what they are. They look like an over-sized altoid mint (ok, very oversized). You drop it in water and it becomes a pretty high-quality cloth disposable hand towel that measures about 6" by 18". When in its original shape and size there is a name embossed/imprinted "Hart" inside a heart shape.

We have heard that they are all over Canada, but she can not find them here in the states or on the internet.

Can anyone help?? Thanks in advance for your guidance!! This will be great proof as to the network that we have here on Intercot!!!:thumbsup:

NotaGeek
04-26-2008, 12:51 AM
Hart Towels (http://www.campingsurvival.com/eztojuaddwaa.html) aka EZ Towels. Here's the Official Site (http://www.eztowel.com/)

No Gauntlet will beat INTERCOT!

HndrdPrcnt
04-26-2008, 01:15 AM
Michael -

Thanks so much!! You rock!! I was able to call my mother-in-law before she even got to her hotel room from our house!! How great is that??!!??!! DON'T MESS WITH INTERCOT!! I may have her joining Intercot in the near future!!:mickey:

NotaGeek
04-26-2008, 01:19 AM
Michael -

Thanks so much!! You rock!! I was able to call my mother-in-law before she even got to her hotel room from our house!! How great is that??!!??!! DON'T MESS WITH INTERCOT!! I may have her joining Intercot in the near future!!:mickey:

To be honest I just did a Google Search, but glad I could help.

princessjojo
04-26-2008, 06:32 AM
Those are too cool!! I have to say, curosity made me click on the link, but now I have to go find some. With our boys camping all summer in Boy Scouts, they would be great for washing their faces. Oh man, there are tons of uses I could think of for their uses. We're outside all summer riding ATV's and dirt bikes and since they're biodegradable, they're perfect, much more than baby wipes.

Strmchsr
04-26-2008, 08:31 AM
To be honest I just did a Google Search, but glad I could help.

Stop messing with the mystique of Intercot moderators. :D

RedSoxFan
04-26-2008, 09:39 AM
Very cool. I never heard of such a thing.

ElenitaB
04-26-2008, 10:39 AM
Those are pretty cool! They have them on Amazon as well, and if you use this link (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/redirect?tag=intercotcom&path=subst/home/home.html) to get there, it will even benefit INTERCOT while you're at it.

I love the fact that they're easier to carry around than diaper wipes and biodegradable as well. Thanks, John and Michael! :thumbsup:

PirateLover
04-26-2008, 11:03 AM
Amusement parks (WDW included) used to (and maybe still do) sell something similar, although I think they are larger. They are usually called "Magic Towels" and they have an image of a character on them! Glad you found what you were looking for.

pink
04-26-2008, 11:43 AM
Amusement parks (WDW included) used to (and maybe still do) sell something similar, although I think they are larger. They are usually called "Magic Towels" and they have an image of a character on them! Glad you found what you were looking for.

I remember buying a couple of them about three years ago in one of the All-Star resorts gift shops. They had Mickey, Minnie and princess ones at the time. :mickey:

ElenitaB
04-26-2008, 05:37 PM
The difference between the Hart or EZ towels that John is talking about and the magic towels is that the former are intended for one-time use and are degradable; the Disney towels (which I also thought of immediately because DS adored them much as I adored French sponges) are actually washclothes which are for reuse.

TheMartellFamily
04-26-2008, 05:42 PM
I saw something like that at a camping section in a massive sports store. They were in a resealable bag and had maybe 12 (maybe more) I was looking at them and the person in the Dept said that they work great. It was at a Bass Pro Shops where I saw these. I do not remember the name but this is exactly what I saw they way you explained them.

Flower
04-26-2008, 08:42 PM
Wow, neat - if they are all over Canada I would love to know where!!!

Bethis26fan
04-26-2008, 09:55 PM
those are neat.

Ed
04-27-2008, 07:44 AM
Very cool product!

But I had to laugh at the one cautionary statement on the website that reads~~

CAUTION: Keep Hart EZ Towels out of direct sunlight and humidity. Store in a cool, dry place and keep out of reach of children; Could be harmful if swallowed.

I bet it could! :eek:

DisneyDog
04-28-2008, 10:39 AM
Glad you found what you are looking for. I immediately also thought that you were looking for the reusable ones. I actually bought a bunch of those at the dollar store the other day. They have Disney characters on them:mickey: