PDA

View Full Version : BIG problem....any suggestions?

iluvdizney2
04-25-2008, 10:50 PM
:confused: I am getting ready to go to WDW in 13 days....I should be thrilled as I love Disney....but....I just cant get myself in the mood to go have fun. I am excited to go, I always have fun, but it has been so stressful here and I am going through so much medically, I cant honestly make myself think of having fun right now.
My son and I are going as 2 adults to enjoy some time alone together and relax. We will eat at some really amazing places and take our time wandering, people watching, and doing whatever we please. I should be thrilled.
I need help! I need something to make me back in the mood to have some fun....help!!
anyone know how to jumpstart the vacation before the vacation has even occured?
or is my trip doomed before I even leave my house?

RockChalkKimball
04-25-2008, 11:03 PM
Do you have a planning DVD? If so, pop it in and start talking about the rides you want to ride, the shows you want to see... If you don't have the latest planning video, browse all the Disney sites and look at pictures of your resorts. The other thing I like to do is look at the menus at the places I am going to eat. I like thinking about what I am going to order. Immerse yourself in what you know is coming. Start placing yourself in certain places...."This time next week I will be shopping at DTD". "In just 48 hours I will be soaking up the sun while waiting to watch/ride..." You get the idea. Once you get there, remember that you are in another world.... leave the old one behind for a few days!! Enjoy!!!

Mickey91
04-26-2008, 12:45 AM
Whenever I think about not enjoying WDW because of this or that, I try to turn it around by saying," This is my current situation. I will be in this situation whether I am home or at WDW. Won't it be much better at WDW?? I would rather be at WDW feeling like this than here!! Heck it is always better to be at WDW!" Then I play my Disney songs real loud and watch all my planning videos, look at old park maps, and look over my itinerary. I start to visualize myself on the fairyboat looking over at the Castle for the first time! Wow! I'm giving myself goosebumps already and I'm still 125 days out!:mickey: I think of my resort and what I will do first when I check in. And, I play on Intercot day and night talking to everyone about their fun vacations!!

Here's some pixie dust to get you started!:tink::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie: :tink:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-26-2008, 10:47 PM
I agree with watching the planning video. I have a few of them and still enjoy watching them. Reading others trip reports helps too. It makes me feel like I'm there already.

Here we go again...
04-27-2008, 03:08 AM
I know what you are talking about. I have been under alot of stress and have my own share of medical problems. It helps to remember that Disney is my happy place and even though I might be worried about how I will feel when I get there, I KNOW it will be fine.
When I get to disney World all of my troubles go away and the pain just seems to become bearable.
Keep your hopes up and look forward to this trip... there is something about Disney that solves all problems, even just for a little while.

mouseketeer mom
04-27-2008, 08:23 AM
I agree with the others about the Disney DVD. That always helps get the excitement going!

Its hard to let go and think about having fun while your in the midst of stress and worry in your real life. It sounds tho, that you can really benefit from this trip. Not being able to feel excited about a trip to WDW is not a good sign. Sounds like you really need this trip! How wonderful to have that special time with your son. Let us know how you do on your trip! If you were able to have fun and relax! I bet you do, maybe quicker than you give yourself credit for;) Wishes for a magical trip with your son!

BronxTigger
04-27-2008, 10:40 AM
I always get that feeling right before my trip, starting about 10 to 15 days out and lasting right up until I get to WDW/DLR. I am an anxious flier and I think that plays into it. I get stressed by all the things that need to get done before a trip and I can't really think about the fun I'll be having the following week.

However, each trip I have had a great time and I forget about home when I get to WDW/DLR so I don't think your trip is ruined. I just think you are having the pre-trip anxiety that I get along with many others.

iluvdizney2
04-29-2008, 11:43 PM
Thank you all for the replies and the really nice PM's I got.
Today it simply struck me that I am leaving in a week....I still was struggling so I decided to pack. As I was looking at the weather for next 10 days in orlando I began getting happy. Instead of rain like it has been here, it was 88 and 89 with sun. I was liking that. Considering the fact it rained 3 inches in 24 hours with a high of 45, I think 89 is great.
So I packed and pulled out all my ADRs. I was trying to plan what I may want to eat, and then realized I am starting to change in my feelings a bit. I am nervous about going with kids so unstable healthwise, but I am also burned out. I know this will be good, and I am starting to become excited. I had my WC adjusted so I will be more comfy in it, and things are in order now.
I am reading every trip report and looking through my stash of pins to see what I want to trade.
Thank you all for the ideas and understanding.

pdrlkr
04-30-2008, 09:46 AM
Don't worry because as soon as you get there all your troubles will disappear. It really is a magical place. Whenever I'm there, I seem to forget about everything else. As soon as I hit the hotel lobby, it's like I'm in another world. I even get homesick for DisneyWorld when it's time to go home. So get ready to forget your troubles for a few days and have a magical time! Here's some pixie dust for you!:tink:

SBETigg
04-30-2008, 10:19 AM
Donna, my husband is always like that before we leave. He has a stressful job, and he has trouble getting away and unwinding. It's always once we land, once we leave the airport and get on that DME bus, that I see the chip lift off his shoulder and he gets in the mood. It could be that no amount of pre-thinking, DVDs, or planning will do it this time. But once you get there, aha, I think the magic will work on you. Keep the faith. :) Good news that you're starting to feel excited.

:pixie:

jpH/keD
04-30-2008, 03:22 PM
I don't know if you will get them in time, but I suggest ordering a set of the personalized park maps!! That really got me juiced for my trip! Those are soooo fun to look at! They will be a nice reminder when you get back! Hang in there! Prayers and pixie dust coming your way! :pixie: Have a GREAT trip!!!

elmjimmlm
04-30-2008, 03:37 PM
:mickey:I know that every time we have the Disney Channel on I think of our upcoming trip...The planning dvds are great to get you in the mood...I hope that you have a great time...

mickeys_princess_mom
04-30-2008, 10:27 PM
We'll be there at the same time! :hug: I hope I see you smiling your head off somewhere. I won't know it's you, but I wish you tons of Magic! :magic::pixie: