PDA

View Full Version : F&W Sweet Sundays

Belle_0717
04-25-2008, 08:46 PM
DH and I are thinking about heading down on a Saturday to hit the F&W Sweet Sundays. We were hoping someone could give us info from the past years.

Will it be worth it for us? Will we enjoy it? What exactly is it all about?

I am trying to fight off my sweet tooth but it's getting harder and harder. We are looking at airfare and there is a difference in price Sat vs Sun and of course DVC points change as well.

HELP!

wdwnomad
04-25-2008, 10:47 PM
I went last year to Sweet Sunday. I enjoyed it and it was worth the price. I can't remember how much it cost though.

When you arrived they had a breakfast buffet set-up. You could get what you want and sit down at your table. They served a breakfast wine with it too. After everyone has eaten the show starts. During our demonstration they made three desserts. The chef prepares it and tells you how to do it. It was just like Emirl and his tv show. He even threw in some baking tips along the way, After each dessert was prepared they served each of them to everyone. All of the desserts came with a wine selection too.

You were send home with a bunch of little trinkets including all of the reciepes.

If you are going to go definetly make your reservations as soon as you can. The Odessey, where it was held, wasn't that big. I know ours was sold out.

Natazu
04-25-2008, 10:48 PM
I don't think they're a very good value. The two we did ended up having desserts we didn't like even a little. Like, a lemon tart, pineapple cakes, and chocolate pudding. Not being a fan of pineapples, lemons, or pudding, I enjoyed the champagne, but not $60 worth. You get like 20 minutes to eat your breakfast buffet and it's a shame because the food is pretty good, fresh fruit and yogurt dip, bacon, sausage, potato wedges, and two types of frittata, ham and cheese & garden vegetable.
The education you get is pretty good. The chefs are informative and friendly. They are happy to explain things making it feasible to attempt these desserts at home. So if that's something you're interested in, it may be worth it.
To safely satisfy a sweet tooth, I recommend the desserts around the F&WF booths.