Minnie4me
04-25-2008, 08:33 PM
Hi All,

Can you make ADR's for lunch at Sci-Fi?

If so, are they really needed??

Thanks!

pink
04-25-2008, 08:43 PM
I don't know if you can make an ADR for the Sci-but I don't see why you wouldn't be able to.

We have gone in October and this past June and we never have a problem as a walk-in. The wait was usually about 15-20 minutes. I guess it just depends what time of year you're planning to go. For example, during September and "free dining" all of the restaurants are very busy. :mickey:

SBETigg
04-25-2008, 08:44 PM
Randy, yes you can make ADRs for lunch at Sci-Fi, and yes, they are needed if you really want to eat there. You could take your chances, but when I was there in late August with low crowds, they were turning away walk-ups at 11:45 a.m.

chicklittlemom
04-25-2008, 09:54 PM
Randy, yes you can make ADRs for lunch at Sci-Fi, and yes, they are needed if you really want to eat there. You could take your chances, but when I was there in late August with low crowds, they were turning away walk-ups at 11:45 a.m.
:ditto:
We made ADR's for lunch last trip (July) and watched them turn people away as well. We have ADR's for lunch at SciFi for this trip as well.(The DH loves SciFi and this is the only ADR he asks me to make. Can't risk getting turned away!)

elmjimmlm
04-25-2008, 10:17 PM
Last yr. we had a lunch ADR at Sci Fi in June and we still had to wait about 20 min. to be seated...It was constantly full the entire time we were in there...I think that ADRs for any meal are a must anymore...

Seasonscraps
04-26-2008, 07:32 AM
Yes, you can make ADRs and I think they are necessary. I have had a 20 minute wait even with an ADR.

poeticeclipse
04-26-2008, 09:37 AM
Yes and yes. I think anytime of the year you should make ADR's for basically any restaurant.

Jared
04-26-2008, 10:31 AM
Probably no reason to repeat what everybody else has said, but yes, you can make an Advance Dining Reservation at the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater, and yes, you need one. It is a very popular restaurant for its unique atmosphere, and walk-ins will be turned away, especially during busy times.

:tasty:

"SULLEY "RULES!!
04-27-2008, 09:52 AM
You definetly want to make ADR for Sci Fi. My husband and I love eating there for dinner. We'll be eating there once again on our trip this year. 11/24 thru 12/5 The atmosphere is alot of fun, you'll have a blast. ENJOY!!!:)

LudwigVonDrake
04-27-2008, 11:00 AM
Yes, you need an ADR for the Sci-Fi because it's a very popular restaurant. The food leaves much to be desired but the atmosphere is great!

DizneyFreak2002
04-27-2008, 12:33 PM
I made an ADR for Sci-Fi for my October trip...

Hull-onian
04-27-2008, 12:50 PM
We recently had dinner at Sci-Fi diner. We told them we had the DDE, and we had a great time. Our server, from NYC was great. He made some suggestions. Our meal was sort of like you went to a wedding, and it was pre-prepared. It was okay, not too bad. The kids like their meal. The clips were a lot of fun. We sat in a little car, yet had plenty of room for all our stuff. I would go back there again for a milkshake, they looked really good. Absolutely, make ADR's, it is just a phone call away.:thumbsup:

joonyer
04-28-2008, 02:17 PM
My suggestion: Don't order a steak or other dinner "entree". Stick with the burgers, sandwiches, onion rings and milkshakes and you will pleased with the food. Order anything else and all bets are off. The onion rings and shakes are "out-of this world" :yoda: ;)
We have always ordered the above items and have never had a bad meal there. Most all of poor reviews for Sci-fi involve other menu items.