PDA

View Full Version : Street players at DHS

Moderne
04-25-2008, 07:51 PM
Are there any threads or discussions of this subject?

This week I saw the Hollywood Public Works Dept. in action, putting out snow cones, and then driving away in their truck.

I also saw a troupe of actors on Sunset Blvd. trying out comedy material in front of their panel truck from In the Can Studios.

Gator
04-25-2008, 08:33 PM
I've never been a big fan of the street shows where they just yell at each other. I do like it when they interact with us though.

Here we go again...
04-26-2008, 08:26 AM
We have seen some great skit in DHS. If course they have to be a little loud because they are talking over the crowd.
My DD loves to sit and watch... I wish they did more.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
04-26-2008, 10:21 AM
The Citizens of Hollywood are some of my favorite performers at DHS. The ones at MK on Main Street are also pretty good, but they aren't at the same level of those at DHS. I know most of the ones at DHS.

tomorrowschild
04-26-2008, 12:41 PM
MK also has some street performers- the citizens of Main Street. We got to interact with 2 very lovely ladies this past March- they were soooo funny. They were making passes at my brother (disneyboy98)- one of them chased him down Main Street- asking for a date. :mickey:

dizknee531
04-26-2008, 11:27 PM
Our family love the Public Works guys. We try to see them everytime we go. The guide at the tip board can usually tell you when they will be out. So much fun and a great break!!:funny::funny::funny:

Moderne
04-27-2008, 05:42 PM
Can someone tell me what other skit scenes the Citizens of Hollywood do.

Arnold Simba
04-27-2008, 11:04 PM
The street performers are very funny. Two I can remember were "Slick" and "Eve DeVille." One time Slick saw me with my video camera, and he asked me to film Eve's "screen test" while he directed it. Very hilarious, and very talented people.

Followthatmouse
04-28-2008, 07:50 AM
The Citizens also provide detectives investigating various incidents. These scenes can be a lot of fun The detectives will determine that passers-by are 'witnesses'. Play along. They can be very funny if you play with them.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
04-28-2008, 08:51 AM
Skits for the Citizens include: Funniest Citizen of Hollywood (99 jokes), Dating Game, He Said She Said. I can't really remember the others. I should spend all my free time there this summer and learn them all.

TheMartellFamily
04-28-2008, 09:08 AM
I have seen one of the actors in DHS also in the Adventureres Club acting as one of the group at night.

SgtTigger
04-28-2008, 07:17 PM
Hollywood Public Works Dept. Oh man I love these guys...... They have some great skits....
I love the one about the union dues......

We stop and watch the others as much as we can.....
We once say the geek guy just come and sit next to a little boy on a bench and just start talking to him.... Yes, he was kind of loud but he was just playing off what ever the kid said..... He went on and on asked the kid if that little girl walking past was cute..... where was he from did they have cute girls there..... this kid had to be about 6 or 7 he did not think any girls were cute.... it was so funny... they went on for a long time... the guy finally asked him what bus he was waiting for... the kid said he was not waiting for any bus...... so the guy finally said he had to go........ they were great....

:cop: :tigger:

Moderne
04-28-2008, 10:40 PM
Skits for the Citizens include: Funniest Citizen of Hollywood (99 jokes), Dating Game, He Said She Said. I can't really remember the others.

Thanks for the response. The skit I saw was the 99 jokes. It was held on Sunset Blvd, with the actors facing the Tower of Terror and the truck parked sideways in Sunset Blvd.