PDA

View Full Version : Cape May and Illuminations Question

Minnie4me
04-25-2008, 07:50 PM
We have a 7:10 adr for Cape May Clam Bake Dinner.

How long does it usually take for dinner there?

Should we be able to finish in time to make it over to Illuminations??

Many thanks!!

wendy*darling
04-25-2008, 08:05 PM
It would take my family about an hour to eat at any buffet, maybe slightly less. When my boys were a bit younger, they were all about eating and leaving! ;)

When it is just DH and I- or maybe with another adult couple- we may take about 90 minutes.

It's only a 10 minute (max) walk from the Beach Club to just inside the International Gateway. If you want to watch Illuminations from the bridge between France and the UK- you should make it without a problem.
If you plan to watch from the other side of the lake- it might be tight. But even if you are still walking when it starts- you can still see and hear it well.
We have seen it so many times now- that often we just walk throughout the show and soak in the atmosphere. We love being in World Showcase for Illuminations, but we no longer need to stake out a spot in advance.

RockinRollerMom
04-25-2008, 11:20 PM
I think your ADR should be fine. My family and I have eaten at Cape May a bunch of times for dinner. Each time it took about an hour or so, which should give you plenty of time to get over to EPCOT. I would suggest arriving 20-30 minutes early for your ADR, because it would be tight on time if you had to wait a bit for a table. :mickey:

Jared
04-26-2008, 10:40 AM
I would arrive at the podium at least 15 minutes before your reservation time to ensure you are seated on time. Assuming you don't have to wait an unusually long time, you should have no problem eating and reaching Epcot in time for the show. My family generally takes no more than an hour to eat a buffet.

:tasty: