PDA

View Full Version : OldKeyWest getting discounted?

Gator
04-25-2008, 04:26 PM
I've noticed over the last 8 months that OKW and SSR keep getting advertised with major discounts. For SSR, it's probably because they haven't filled it with DVC buyers yet. But OKW is the oldest DVC - are they having trouble filling it?

Crow
04-26-2008, 04:44 PM
ive never stayed there. if they do discount it enough mayb I would as I like trying diff places.

BrerGnat
04-27-2008, 12:04 AM
It's probably because:

1. It's HUGE

2. It's "old". I'm sure many DVC'ers (and non members as well) want to stay in the newer DVC resorts.

I'm sure, for a LONG time, you will frequently see availability at OKW and SSR, as they are just super large properties with a lot of rooms.

Sweezy
04-27-2008, 05:10 AM
The original "Disney Vacation Club" had a nice feel unto itself, and i tie a certain nostalgia to it being that we stayed there very close to its opening, when it was an entirely new concept at WDW. nowadays however, i can see where bookings would be slow as it (obviously) is no longer the sole property of its kind and the newer properties are for the most part much more integrated into the system, offering all of the amenities (not to mention location) of the deluxe resorts.

DizneyFreak2002
04-27-2008, 12:16 PM
I am a new DVC member... I booked this year's October trip in November 2007, and I booked for my home resort which is SSR... In March, I called to see if I could switch a week of my trip to OKW... And sure enough, I was able to get a room... I am excited to be staying at OKW... From the pictures I have seen online, the resort looks really cool...

MN_Dad
04-28-2008, 02:39 AM
We really enjoyed our stay at OKW. The rooms are larger than in the new DVC resorts. It had more of a home feel to it. I would definately stay there again.