PDA

View Full Version : Anyone experienced this?

momof3+twins
04-25-2008, 04:04 PM
I made my ADRs and the castmember was very pushy. It was as if she were making commission for the Disney Dining Plan. I want to call back and make another reservation but I don't want to go through the hassle again.

Gator
04-25-2008, 04:30 PM
I've never had a bad experience with them. In fact, I'll ask them about certain places and they give great recomendations. Did they try to push certain restaurants? Are you staying during the Free Dining Plan time? If so, maybe they're all a little stressed out by all the ADRs being made.

momof3+twins
04-25-2008, 04:43 PM
She was just trying to get me to purchase the dining plan. I never experienced this before. I thought that maybe it is something new?

cal5755
04-25-2008, 06:45 PM
I've never had a bad experience with them. In fact, I'll ask them about certain places and they give great recomendations. Did they try to push certain restaurants? Are you staying during the Free Dining Plan time? If so, maybe they're all a little stressed out by all the ADRs being made.

I had one cm I asked her to recommend her favorite restaurant in Disney and she was so snotty with " there are over 126 restaurants in Disney world ....blah blah"

Sorry you had that experience but you shouldn't worry about calling back I am sure the next cm will be much more helpful without being pushy.

pink
04-25-2008, 06:53 PM
I agree with the poster above, if you call back you will probally get a new CM and hopefully they will be more helpful than you last one. Sorry you had a bad experience! :mickey:

tinksmom02
04-25-2008, 10:05 PM
I've never had that problem, all the CM's I've talked to have been really nice. I would call back and speak to someone else.

The gentleman I spoke with when I called for Sept ADR's was REALLY nice. I started off booking DD and friend for the Pirate cruise at GF, and he was really helpful. He helped me with time estimates (how long to get where), walked me through my itinerary day by day and made suggestions along the way. He even suggested, "You don't have an AK day yet, when do you want to go there?" etc.

Course, he also teased me for knowing the MNSSHP dates before he did, and for not having airfare :blush:

Hopefully the CM you spoke with was just having an off day. Try again!

Mickey91
04-25-2008, 11:25 PM
We have had pushy CMs in the past. Never to get us to buy the DDP. That's a new one. We had our ADRs, last year, all planned and I was trying to get in to the restaurants around the time I wanted. She noticed we had quite a few "steak" places and kept trying to get us to eat other places with seafood. Put us down for "liking steak", "being steak eaters" and kept trying to get us out of the parks and into the resort and DTD restaurants. It was quite annoying.

I just fussed a little to my DH and then called back another day to talk to someone not so pushy and more "Disney". Somewhere out there there is a CM who will put the magic back where it belongs!:mickey:

Marker
04-26-2008, 12:25 AM
I have never had any issue when calling to make reservations. Whether on the DDP or not, they have been nothing but helpful. When I called in March for our April trip, we were not using dining plan, and then calling today (3 times) for our September trip with the dining plan. Sure, they asked if we were using the dining plan, but that was the only mention of it.

BelleLovesTheBeast
04-26-2008, 12:02 PM
No one rude but when I called yesterday the lady answered the phone "hello". I said "hello" back and she responded "oh ya, disney dinning".

She was difficult to understand, wasn't very helpful and didn't seem like she wanted to be doing her job so I told her I only had the one ADR to make and called right back to get someone else.

The next person was extremely helpful. She even offered to check other days to find CRT breakfast for me since the day I wanted wasn't available.