PDA

View Full Version : Boat from Hollywood Studios to Epcot

Gregandmel
04-25-2008, 03:36 PM
Has anyone taken the boat from Hollywood Studios to Epcot (or vice versa?). I've seen that it's possible to do that and wondered what the experience was like. Where do you pick up the boat transportation at Hollywood Studios? How long of a boat ride is it? I know you get dropped off at the International Gateway at Epcot - but wondered about the experience itself. Thanks!

doodleboy
04-25-2008, 03:46 PM
The boat can be picked up at the boat dock to the left of the exit as you are passing the turnstyles at HS. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I believe this boat will stop at Beach Club and Board Walk before going to Epcot. The entire ride takes about 40 minutes and is a very nice time to relax between parks. Sometimes we take the boat, other times we walk.

Marker
04-25-2008, 04:17 PM
The boat makes 3 stops in between, at the Swan & Dolphin, at the Yacht & Beach Club, and at Boardwalk.

I was going to say it's more like 30-45 minutes, but honestly I'm not sure. I do know it's a very relaxing ride. Much more relaxing than the buses. Although, standing is not out of the question.

crazeedizneefinatic
04-25-2008, 04:52 PM
We have done the boat ride and do agree that it is relaxing. Make sure you have plenty of time to do it. I remember it taking about 45 minutes but we did make 3 stops. If you have the time and are not taking it as a means to cut time, try it, it is fun.

pink
04-25-2008, 06:14 PM
Where do you pick up the boat transportation at Hollywood Studios? How long of a boat ride is it? I know you get dropped off at the International Gateway at Epcot - but wondered about the experience itself. Thanks!

If you're heading towards security lines at DHS turn to your right and it will be behind you. The boat ride seemed pretty long anywhere between 30-45 minutes like everyone else said. The experience is calming and if you're interested in seeing the Swan and Dolphin, Beach and Yacht club up close it's fun, you can see some of their pools and such. However, if you're in a rush I would suggest another option because the boat is very slow. Hope this helps! :mickey:

Gator
04-25-2008, 08:40 PM
It's a very nice ride - if you have the time. The bus is faster. However, you miss all the nice resorts and getting to boat into Epcot.

Mickey91
04-25-2008, 08:51 PM
The boat area is to the left of DHS after you exit. It takes about 20 min. with stops at the Swan/Dolphin, Boardwalk, and Beach/Yacht Club then to EPCOT. You are let out right outside of World Showcase between England and France.

Jeff
04-25-2008, 09:32 PM
I've timed it twice:
once at 28 minutes
once at 32 minutes

Maleficent's Dad
04-25-2008, 10:23 PM
Jeff is right on as per usual!

In December, we actually timed the entire thing. Here are the results:

The following does not take into account time waiting FOR the boat to arrive. We started as the last line was released from the dock. You could wait 10-15 minutes for a boat to arrive. There is also wait time at the docks of each resort.

Leaving DHS (at the time, MGM).
7 Minutes to the Swan/Dolphin.
9 Minutes from S/D to BC/YC (this includes "wait time" at S/D dock).
5 Minutes to BW.
7 Minutes to EPCOT.

Total time = 28 minutes.

If time's a concern, walking to BW, then to EPCOT is indeed much faster. Lots of people take boat to Swan/Dolphin and then walk from there.

DisneyDudet
04-26-2008, 07:30 AM
Waiting for the boat seems so long! Most of the time, if we can't see a boat coming, or the lines are long (the usual), we will walk to Epcot. We usually beat the boat there. Sometimes, we'll leave MGM and there is a long line, no boat in sight, and walk. By the time we hit Boardwalk, we saw the boat head TOWARD MGM. So those people were waiting all that time, and some will have to get on the next one!

The ride is very long (especially with ansy kids), but if your kids need a nap, this will probably be a great way to get it in.

Take note, in the summer (or warmer months), the boat can get VERY hot (almost uncomfortable), so be mindful.

I have found the line at Epcot for the boat to be shorter, as people would much rather walk to their resort from Epcot than MGM.

NJDad
04-26-2008, 08:09 AM
We just missed the boat's departure at Studios on our last trip. Did the walk, passed the boat at one point and never even saw it in our imaginary rear view mirror after a while. A little too 'relaxing' a pace for us on a short trip.

IamBelle
04-26-2008, 10:12 AM
We took the boat twice on our last trip and found it very relaxing, but it does take a little time when stopping at the other places like Boardwalk, etc.

LudwigVonDrake
04-26-2008, 10:51 AM
Build in a little extra time and enjoy the relaxing trip :sail:

dumbo ears
04-26-2008, 06:43 PM
To get on it from DHS you go to the dock to the left as you exit the park. You stop at the dolphin and swan, then yaught and beach club, then at board walk. Its a pretty cool boat ride. Its prolly faster to walk or take a bus to boardwalk resort.

homeschool mom
04-27-2008, 04:50 PM
On our last trip, we took the boat to the first stop at Swan and Dolphin and then walked around the Boardwalk the rest of the way to Epcot. We made it quicker than the boat and it was a nice walk. Kind of a "best of both worlds" scenario. It was very enjoyable and we will do it again. :mickey:

Goofy Texan
04-27-2008, 06:58 PM
The boat works great if you're in Epcot's World Showcase and your feet are too sore to walk to the front of the park for a bus. Just take the boat from the International Gateway entrance to Disney Studios and pick up your bus there. It's a nice tour of the Boardwalk area. We just make it part of our afternoon break time. It also works well if Disney Studios is open late for EMH or a late Fantasmic. Just be careful to time it so you don't arrive at the Studios just as that park closes or Fantasmic lets out!

We've also done it the other way. If we're heading to World Showcase after a break or for its 11:00am opening, we'll leave a little early and bus to Disney Studios and then boat from there. The walk around World Showcase is hard enough on our feet, we don't need to waste precious pain-free walking just getting from the main entrance to World Showcase!

DisneyEpcotDad
04-27-2008, 10:07 PM
From my experience, if you are hot, tired, and your feet ache, take the boat. But, if it's a gorgeous day, you feel spritely and in great shape, a leisurely walk is better. I've beaten the boat back to Beach Club and Epcot several times!:cool: