PDA

View Full Version : Wilderness Lodge Cabins

sydneymouse
04-25-2008, 03:22 PM
Has anyone stayed at the Wilderness Cabins before? Would you reccommend it or not? We have 6 going in December and looking for the best bang for our buck. Thanks.

Buttercup
04-25-2008, 03:25 PM
Wait - I think you're confusing 2 different resorts.

There's the Wilderness Lodge, and then there's Fort Wilderness Campground. They are separate resorts... just similar names I guess.

The cabins are located at Fort Wilderness Campground. And yeah, they're fantastic. Totally a home away from home. :) We've stayed there numerous times.

TammiMcMan
04-25-2008, 04:08 PM
We've stayed in Fort Wilderness many times and really love the cabins. I'd say the only thing that could be considered a low point, is their lack of a theme pool. To me, water is water, but I know some people do select resorts based on the pool facility. Of course when we started going to FW, we always swam at River Country, but I'm really dating myself.

Harriet
04-25-2008, 07:30 PM
The cabins are located at Fort Wildeness not Wlderness Lodge even though they are next door to each other. There is a mile long walking trail or a short boat or bus ride between the two. I love the cabins and I travel solo most of the time. But I need to cut some expense I either stay at a moderate or a cabin where I can fix my own meals at 1/3 the cost. One note concerning the pool there are plans to upgrade it to a theam pool soon no date yet. Only only drawback to staying here is the bus sevice it can be time consuming. If I'm not in a rush it is a perfect place to unwind after a day in the parks. Note you still get housekeeping service with the cabins so leave the dishes.

PetefromRI
04-25-2008, 07:40 PM
We stayed there about 16 years ago when the kids were small.We really liked it.The only down side is the lack of a real nice themed pool and the place is very very large,so plan on transportation time.You can rent a golf cart but they are very pricey,I think about 50.00 a day.When we went, there was River Country, which was awesome.I think that I could stay there again if they reopened River Country.The whole resort is very laid back and relaxing.

SFTrny
04-28-2008, 08:57 PM
We LOVE Fort Wilderness Cabins! We've been there twice and are scheduled for a third trip already. For a family of 4, they are cheaper and easier than any other resort and include a kitchen, which saves for meals. Plus, you can come back tothe cabin for dinner and recharge...and then go back out the the parks later! Another benefit...no neighbors sharing walls, floors, or ceilings. Make sure to rent a golf cart!

busterthebronco
04-29-2008, 01:33 PM
we adore them.
it is away from the action so to speak.
nice if you want to relax, bad if you like to stay immersed.
there is a big pool for everyone and at least one "quiet" one.
we grill out steaks and burgers and you cant really do that anywhere else plus you have a full kitchen!
rent a golf cart though or else you'll be mad at yourself.

TheMartellFamily
04-29-2008, 02:57 PM
Quite homey and relaxing as for they are individual buildings not a hotel style building. They have the full kitchen and bedroom in the back. It is very nice.

castlelady36
04-29-2008, 04:11 PM
Here are my pros:

Nice rooms with rustic setting.
Plenty of space
Feels like camping
good activites for the kids
quiet and peaceful
nice store to get supplies

Cons:
2 buses to get to parks (internal and external)
No themed pool

We really liked it there but the double bus really made it not so great as it increased the travel time each day. And as stated get a golf cart unless you have a car!!!