PDA

View Full Version : Coral Reef or Fultons

Tinkerkel
04-25-2008, 11:08 AM
Which would you choose?

Jared
04-25-2008, 11:13 AM
If cost is not an issue, I'd definitely recommend Fulton's Crab House for seriously good seafood. It's expensive, and it does not participate in the Disney Dining Plan, but it consistently serves incredible food in a interesting environment.

:tasty:

SurferStitch
04-25-2008, 12:11 PM
I voted for Fulton's. Their seafood is wonderful! We've always had incredible meals there.

Coral Reef was good, but not something we strive to do often. We had a table right next to the tank, which was great, but the food didn't begin to compare to Fulton's. I just booked Fulton's today for our October trip.

PetefromRI
04-25-2008, 07:55 PM
Fulton's without a doubt,is pricier,but you do get what you pay for.We think that Fulton's is the best seafood restaurant and maybe the best service in all of Disney.As said before,it's expensive but worth every penny!You can't really even compare the Coral Reef to Fulton's.

Natazu
04-25-2008, 10:53 PM
I don't care for Fulton's. The service can be kind of spotty. They aren't big on discounts (like DDE).
The food is good but I don't think it's worth the cost.

Coral Reef is one of my favorites, the atmosphere, excellent servers, and more affordable prices put it above Fulton's for me.

For a real seafood treat, Flying Fish on the Boardwalk is a great way to dine in style.

ASweetLov
04-25-2008, 11:13 PM
I haven't had the pleasure of having dinner at either of these restaurants yet. I think my first choice would be the Coral Reef just because the atmosphere looks amazing and since I saw it the first time on Full House I always wanted to eat there. I would also eat at Fulton's though when money isn't an issue

Mickey91
04-25-2008, 11:14 PM
We love the Coral Reef! It is so much fun to watch the different fish swim by.:fishbowl: And the food, especially the Lobster bisque is divine!

Sinewiz
04-26-2008, 09:15 AM
I enjoy eating at both but I slightly prefer eating at Fultons and always try to be seated in the constellation room. Very nice view looking up the river. ;)

Jared
04-26-2008, 10:36 AM
Did Jym and I just disagree? Is something wrong in the universe?

TheMartellFamily
04-26-2008, 12:01 PM
Fultons is one of our all time fav restaurants in the whole world. They are not on the dining plan so this is an out of pocket dining. This is a real splurge for us but the alaskan king crab claws are to die for. Well worth for us to splurge for these.
We have not been to Coral Reef yet, but in Aug we do have ressie for here. I am quite excited to try this as for having the fish all a round seems like such a great thing. Maybe after I try this, I maye able to say that I like Coral Reef better. Only time will tell. I love seafood so I can not wait to try Coral Reef.

Natazu
04-26-2008, 06:29 PM
Did Jym and I just disagree? Is something wrong in the universe?

I still love you bro.

LandFan
04-27-2008, 09:46 AM
I prefer Coral Reef - great food, great atmosphere and less $$.:thumbsup:

Hull-onian
04-27-2008, 12:31 PM
If cost is not an issue, I'd definitely recommend Fulton's Crab House for seriously good seafood. It's expensive, and it does not participate in the Disney Dining Plan, but it consistently serves incredible food in a interesting environment.

:tasty:

I have not had the chance to eat at Coral Reef yet. Can't get anyone to go with :(. However, I agree with Jared, I loved Fulton's Crab House, and they take triple AAA for a discount. I would definitely go there again.:thumbsup:

Crow
04-27-2008, 01:22 PM
i think part of this answer might depend if you are looking for good fish.
I cant comment on Fultons recently since I havent been there since a meal w the 2nd wife where she ate a whole lobster (she was a tiny thing too) & that was my most exp meal ever up to that time. It was good but also we are talking like the 90s.
I went back to Coral Reef last yr (yes i had eaten there loong ago w the first wife lol)
I was on free dining. food wasnt bad & i sat right by the tank. Its not on my short list to return to. or my long list really.
now I did listen to Jym & hit the Flying Fish last trip & it was great so Im going back.
so my thoughts are Id go to Fultons before CR again, but base it on costs, any discounts you can get & what kind of food you want.
now if you like sushi try Kimonos or Tokyo Dining for the servers also or CA Grill which has terrific sushi.
and I think Jym should post a page, best places for certain things, fish steak etc
best places for DDP & DDE
and:beer::marg: Id help!