PDA

View Full Version : Walt Disney World Exporer for PC

Jeff G
04-25-2008, 10:47 AM
We were cleaning out a bunch of old CD's & DVD's that we've collected over the years and came across our old Walt Disney World Explorer 2nd edition. The disc was in pretty rough shape being 10 years old but after a quick clean up we were able to get this up & running. The entire family had a blast with the program including my 3 year old who was in awe.

If you've never had the pleasure to try this program it is really neat. You can explore the parks/rides/ tranportation/ hotels / water parks. There are video clips of Walt with his ideas of the world, video of a few of the rides, trivia with tidbits about most of the rides and attractions, behind the scenes on some of the rides and even a few games. Another neat thing found on the disk is a timelime showing how the park grew from 1971 - 1998.

It was fun to look at becasue on this CD Horizons, Mr. Toads WIld Ride and Alien Encounter are all still part of the parks and it offers a glimpse back in time. It's also neat becuase the 2nd edition program was released just prior to the AK so you can get a glimpse of AK in it's infancy. For a 10 year old CD the graphics are decent and the software runs well.

We've always watched at the stores for an update to this program but have never found anything quite like it. I was just on ebay and they had the 2nd edition for sale for under $10, if you want a fun experience it would be a great pick up. We run Windows XP and the program ran fine.

There is also a first edition program and I beleive the only difference is that the AK isn't included at all.

Mickey91
04-25-2008, 11:37 AM
Cool!:cool: Thanks for the info!

Jeff G
04-25-2008, 01:31 PM
I meant to ask in my original post, has anyone found a program similar to this that would be more updated?

elmjimmlm
04-25-2008, 03:34 PM
That sounds great...Maybe one day they will make them again...:mickey:

JPL
04-25-2008, 03:45 PM
I have my copy of this floating around but haven't given it a thought in a long time might be time to dust it off :thumbsup: