PDA

View Full Version : So who is using their $600 economic stimulus check to plan a trip?

DunkieKong
04-25-2008, 10:16 AM
My wife and I, if all goes according to plan, should be getting one of those economic stimulus checks from the IRS for $1200. It is already spent. We figured the best way to stimulate the economy was to plan a trip to Disney World! What better way to "help" out the slowing economy than to put that cash right back into circulation?

Has getting this check prompted anyone else to plan a trip?

dismommy
04-25-2008, 11:01 AM
I planned my trip long before they announced the economic stimulus checks, but that money will be set aside to be used for meals and spending money during our trip.

MMouse6937
04-25-2008, 11:03 AM
I might use mine to go to Mousefest in December. We already had our trip in September planned so that wouldn't have changed my mind either way. It might help me make a second trip this year though :D Either that or I'm going to buy a pool for summer. Not sure! :)

DisneyDudet
04-25-2008, 12:01 PM
RIght after we submitted our taxes, they came out with the FD offer.

Well, my little single money that I'll get, plus my refund, will now pay for a trip for my parents and I for FREE DINING!

I'm stimulating the economy!

princessjojo
04-25-2008, 12:13 PM
I was actually planning on using it as extra money for our June trip, but then decided it was best not to. We will probably choose to use ours for usual and customary expenses like utilities, food and GAS!!! But our trip has been planned for a while anyway.

If I can work it out and hold onto that money longer than imagined, I'll use it to take my younger DS back in Aug. for his birthday, just the two of us... Hopefully, by then I will have taken my board exams, passed and working so it won't be as big of an issue.

kakn7294
04-25-2008, 03:05 PM
We also had a trip planned before we found out about the money but we will use it to help with the expenses of the trip. We didn't change any aspect of our trip based on getting that money either - no hotel upgrades, no dining plan added in, and we're still driving instead of flying.

KEYONNAH
04-25-2008, 03:20 PM
Our trip was also planned before the money was announced. I'll use it to pay for expenses and dental work.

elmjimmlm
04-25-2008, 03:20 PM
Well the President did say that he wants this spent not invested...I thought I would listen to him and go to Disney World...:blush:

Gottaluvgoof
04-25-2008, 03:49 PM
We already had our trip bounced back from last September, but this will cover the airfare!

sleepingbooty
04-25-2008, 04:56 PM
We also booked on a bounce-back last September, so we would have gone anyway, but we are using our $1800 stimulus for vacation costs. I suppose we'll be stimulating the economy by spending the extra money we would have put in our vacation fund each month had we NOT had the stimulus check - if that makes any sense!

jillluvsdisney
04-25-2008, 06:01 PM
Airlines tickets have been bought for our December trip and we have a deposit down at the Polynesian.:thumbsup:

Dracula766
04-25-2008, 09:37 PM
Well I was planning to use the cash to pay my credit cards but since I'm using those to pay for my WDW trip then i guess I am sorta using it for WDW :mickey:

BklynChick
04-25-2008, 10:06 PM
Most (if not all) of my tax refunds go into my general "vacation fund". Since this is an above-and-beyond rebate, I'll probably stash the whole thing in there. Eventually it will pay for part of a Disney trip, one way or the other.

BelleLovesTheBeast
04-26-2008, 11:42 AM
I just booked our vacation for Oct a couple of days ago so YES we'll be using ours for our Disney trip.

mickeys_princess_mom
04-27-2008, 11:30 PM
Had this trip pretty well taken care of. I thought I'll probably just endorse the check and hand it right over to the oil companies. Singin' the Gas Pump Blues...

BronxTigger
04-27-2008, 11:37 PM
Mine is paying for grad school. Well, half of one class, anyways. Disney is going to have to wait for a while.

Mickey91
04-28-2008, 01:45 AM
We might!!:D

thatkindofday
04-29-2008, 10:14 AM
We had already planned our trip, so it wasn't a result of the stimulus announcement, but it will be paying for our airfare and one of our APs.

BluewaterBrad
04-29-2008, 04:30 PM
Yes!!:mickey:

HndrdPrcnt
04-29-2008, 05:10 PM
This stimulus check is my "closer" on the trip that I have already booked for September. My wife is much more practical than I am and with all of the medical bills that we have racked up over the last 2 years due to my battle with cancer, she thinks that we need to put off Disney for a while. I believe, however, that we need to make the most of every day that we are given and we need to enjoy the time with our children while they are young.

So, keep your fingers crossed :fingers: and please pray for me :angel: that I can convince my wife that we NEED this trip!!!

brewcrew26
05-02-2008, 12:05 AM
I wish...we're using it to pay off wedding expenses and credit card debt. But once the credit cards are paid off this winter, DH says we can start planning our '09 trip! He finally said we can be one of those families who go every year and that he'll start thinking about joining the DVC! Yay!! :cloud9:

GrmGrninGost
05-03-2008, 07:25 PM
:mickey: Oh yes indeed it has! Hopefully the last week of May!

sardanem
05-03-2008, 08:11 PM
We have debated back and forth whether we can afford a trip to Disney. When we heard about that extra check and then free dining in August, I took it as a sign that we should go, so Disney World, here we come. Now I can't wait until August. I don't know who is more excited, me or the kids.

Lisa