PDA

View Full Version : MNSSHP - Is there a better night?

Marker
04-25-2008, 09:48 AM
Since we modified the dates of our trip, we now have 2 options for MNSSHP, Tues 9/16 or Fri 9/19.

Is there any difference? Would we likely see larger crowds on Friday than on Tuesday?

DDuck66
04-25-2008, 10:12 AM
Generally speaking, you will always see larger crowds on the weekends than during the week, especially that early in the season. Lots of people (like me) that live close by, tend to go on the weekends. We are going the first Friday in October.

vorchik
04-25-2008, 10:13 AM
As I understood last year, Fridays are always more crowded due to more locals visited the party.

Marker
04-25-2008, 10:31 AM
But with MNSSHP being a ticketed item, does Friday still have an effect?

Do they sell more tickets for some nights? Or do other nights just not sell as many?

cal5755
04-25-2008, 12:12 PM
I am not sure about them selling more tickets on certain nights but I would assume it is the same tickets for the event for all nights.

We will be attending the 9/16 party on the advice of a friend who is local. As DDUCK66 stated our friend also said more locals going go on weekends when there is no work the next day. Since kids are just getting back into school routine I am hoping our first MNSSHP will be less crowded than our first MVMCP (we went the first night of the party last November and it was crowded but manageable).

Maybe we will see you there!! Have fun no matter what you decide... we are super excited after reading about it here on the boards!!

readytogo2
04-25-2008, 01:17 PM
we have been on both and foung the mid week party much less crowded especially after the fireworks. we were walking onto rides . fri night seemed more crowed the whole night

joonyer
04-25-2008, 01:27 PM
There is no official publicized number of tickets that WDW sells for MNSSHP, but most assume that the limit is the same for any night of the party. There is no reason to do otherwise since the same attractions, parades, etc. are open and offered no matter what day of the week the party falls on, so they need the same staffing etc. That being said, it is less likely that the party will be sold out on a Tuesday than on a Friday. Also the further away from Oct. 31 the less likely the party will be sold out. WE have been to the Halloween party several times and on some nights (usually weekdays) there were obviously less people in the park, so I don't believe it is sold out every night. One one occasion (in 2006) we had some friends that we met up with at WDW, and they did not have tickets to MNSSHP, but were able to buy them on the same day as the party (this was in early Oct., on a weeknight) so I know they were not sold out then.

MNDisney Dad
04-27-2008, 11:01 PM
Tuesday would probably be the better of the two days as it would be less crowded. Also, looking back at last years' event, you could not purchase your tickets in advance for most of the Friday parties whereas you can for the midweek parties. Just something to think about when planning your trip. Have fun! We went two times last year and it was a blast. Looking forward to this years' party. We will be there for the Oct. 13 party.

wdw_bound
04-27-2008, 11:23 PM
MNSSHP may draw a different local crowd than MVMCP, so take this for what it's worth...

Last December (early in the month), the parks were not generally too crowded during the day. We purchased MVMCP tickets months in advance for the Tuesday night of our stay, as that was a night with an advance discount. The party was sold out, and we felt very crowded. I had a plan going in - which shows were going on where, not particularly interested in rides as we had other MK days on the schedule. We didn't get to see the parade, there were some special character meet and greets (Belle and Beast in holiday garb, for example) that were PACKED. We had a really good time, but at the close of the party still felt that there was much left undone. DH bought tickets for Thursday's party as a surprise for us, and it was much better - nowhere near as crowded.

Bottom line, if MNSSHP is similar, I'm not sure there is a guaranteed strategy to beat crowds, you will just roll the dice. However, I can say what made our sold-out experience more enjoyable was having a plan before the party started (5ish ADR at CP, showtimes worked out, list of things we really wanted to accomplish).

We're hoping to go down this year in Oct., and are looking forward to MNSSHP for the first time...

Have a great trip!

Mickey91
04-28-2008, 12:59 AM
Well, obviously Halloween sells out. The year we went over Columbus Day, that Friday night sold out. Usually weeknights have a better chance of a smaller crowd but there are no guarantees.

threeh
04-28-2008, 08:19 AM
Go for the weekday. I bet it won't be super crowded because you are going earlier in Sept.
Have fun!!!:mickey:
We've gone to MNSSHP and P&P parties and IMHO they seem less crowded on the weekdays.

TheMartellFamily
04-28-2008, 08:56 AM
I have seen more crowds on the weekend than during the week. I seem to remember being told that they sell a certain number of tickets each night but I do not recall the number. With that being said if I had a choice I would go during the week not the weekend.