PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! Just got a Blackberry Pearl & I'm Lost!!

HndrdPrcnt
04-25-2008, 02:15 AM
Hey Fellow Intercotees -

I just got a new Blackberry Pearl and I am doing my best to understand how to work it. However, I am completly lost. Anyone else have one that might be able to help me out??:confused:

conorsmom2000
04-25-2008, 08:16 AM
Hey John! :mickey: I don't have the Blackberry Pearl, but I do have the Samsung Blackjack II and I was also totally lost when I first got it - so, I can't offer first hand advice, but there are lots of good message boards out there for questions about specific phones. Most of my questions I found answers to without having to ask any myself! Howard Forums is one, but if you do a google for the Pearl, or specific questions about it, you should be able to find sites that will help you!

Good luck! :thumbsup:

murphy1
04-25-2008, 09:06 AM
I'm impressed, those things are over my head:confused::D If you figure it out, let me know how you like it! I just got a Tracphone last year, one of those pay as you go cell phones. I'm so behind on technology!

disneydave4479
04-25-2008, 09:47 AM
I have a pearl. What are you trying to do? Or what are you having problems with?

:mickey:

DisneyDog
04-25-2008, 03:19 PM
Don't feel bad. I know of a gentleman in his 80's who has one. His wife bought it for him and he never wanted it. He is completely flabbergasted by it. Can't figure out how to use it at all. I feel so bad for him, and he keeps missing calls.

BronxTigger
04-26-2008, 05:23 PM
Okay. I have a Blackberry Pearl. I got it about two months ago. I've got the basics down but I know I'm not using the full potential of this phone. My service is through T-Mobile; not sure if that makes any difference.

If you tell us specifically what you are having problems with, that can help us help you. Also, I know their website has a demo/information. There is no manual that comes with this phone.

The pearl thing is like a mouse cursor; it lights up the option you want. Only 5 menu items show on the main screen. To see the rest you have to click the menu button (the one with the dots). To go back you click the u-turn arrow button.

Basic phone calls are made the same as any other phone. You can call from the address book (if you have SIM card-saved addresses you can access them from the phone book by clicking on the menu button and scrolling down) or you can call by dialing the number and then clicking the green phone button.

The best thing to do is to just play with the phone for awhile and you will figure it out. Google can also be a big help.

Good luck!