PDA

View Full Version : Ticket info

Mickey91
04-24-2008, 10:33 PM
Does anyone know reputable places for buying discounted tickets to Disney World? We have friends looking for discounted tickets and we have never bought from anywhere but DisneyWorld online or the Disney Store.

Strmchsr
04-25-2008, 09:34 AM
The Official Ticket Center (http://www.officialticketcenter.com/default.aspx?affid=TC21LBC) is an Intercot Sponsor and very reputable.

RockinRollerMom
04-25-2008, 09:41 AM
Try AAA. Even if they you are not yet a member. Often the amount of savings is more than the cost of the membership. Good Luck!

OhToodles!
04-25-2008, 09:45 AM
Ok, every 'discount' place I've ever looked at the ticket prices end up being more than if you get them on Disney's website. Can anyone explain this?

For example: On the Official Ticket Center website, an adult park hopper (5 days plus 1 to equal 6 days) costs $267. On Disney's website a 6-day adult park hopper is $262. I don't see the discount.

Friend of Figment
04-25-2008, 11:05 AM
I think that the DW site doesn't include tax and the discount places are giving a complete price.

MickeyMomof2
04-25-2008, 03:09 PM
<snip> Their prices include tax (Disney's dont'), and they list the amount of discount on the information page. They will also ship them to you for free. I have not used this service personally, but I am considering it for our next trip.

elmjimmlm
04-25-2008, 03:18 PM
AAA...:thumbsup:

Friend of Figment
04-25-2008, 03:20 PM
<snip> is one I've used. I couldn't think of their name when I posted earlier.

tnpoohbear
04-25-2008, 04:21 PM
We have always used <snip> they are very reliable - we have used them for years!

momof3+twins
04-25-2008, 04:50 PM
I am thinking about <snip> but I am scared that I will get to the gate and the tickets won't work. Has anyone ever bought the tickets, and already used them with no problems. I would hate to spend over a thousand dollars just to get to the gate and be told I will need to buy new tickets.

alilprincessmom99
04-25-2008, 04:55 PM
I would be a little leary of using any of the "discount" ticket dealers. For discounted tickets I would definately go for AAA. Honestly, I don't think the few dollars you would save from a "discount" dealer would be worth the heart ache of showing up at the park and having the tickets not work.

MNNHFLTX
04-25-2008, 06:26 PM
Moderator Note--

Folks, I appreciate the spirit of helpfulness in all of these posts, but I've had to edit out the references to other websites and ticket outlets not associated with INTERCOT. The The Official Ticket Center (http://www.officialticketcenter.com/default.aspx?affid=TC21LBC) is one of our dedicated sponsors and it really is not fair to them to send people to other ticket vendors (AAA is generally allowed to be mentioned because you have to be a member to use them). Think of it this way--without our sponsors, INTERCOT wouldn't be able to keep on operating and everyone here wouldn't have access to all that good information. :)

Please keep this in mind for any future posts. Thank you.:mickey:

Mickey91
04-25-2008, 09:06 PM
Hey guys! Thanks for all the responses. Sorry. I totally forgot about sponsors when I posed the question. We don't trust discount dealers either. Just thought I would see what everyone else thought before I told my friends to buy through Disney or the Official Ticket Center. Thanks again!

Buttercup
04-25-2008, 10:11 PM
The Official Ticket Center is good. They're not located too far from Disney World either so if you had to pick them up, it's easy to get to.
Their prices include the tax + discount, whereas the Disney website only shows the regular price for the pass.
I find that the O.T.C.'s prices end up being somewhere around the Disney prices if you didn't have to pay the tax. So it's worth it!