PDA

View Full Version : Must Sees at Hollywood Studios

Gregandmel
04-24-2008, 02:18 PM
In your opinion - what are the absolute MUST SEE events at HOllywood Studios? Beyond the Tower or Terror and Fantasmic (I think that's what it's called) what are your opinions? We will only be there from about 4pm until around 10:30pm one day (EMH - evening - we plan on doing the 9pm Fantasmic show). Thanks for any insight!!

MickeyMousse
04-24-2008, 02:24 PM
We never miss Star Tours. It's tradition!
:yoda:

DisneyDudet
04-24-2008, 02:34 PM
Our must sees are RnRC, ToT, Great Movie Ride, Muppets 3D, Star Tours, and possibly the Animation Academy.

This is usually a half a day park for us, but we tend to go back to re-do the fun stuff!!

Keep in mind that my group includes my parents and me (24) and we've been 13 times, so we've done a lot of stuff. We do find things we've never done before, like just walk down the Streets Of America, and take some funny pictures!

KylesMom
04-24-2008, 02:41 PM
Most of the stage shows will be done by then, so you can concentrate on the attractions. For us, must-dos are RnRC, Star Tours, Great Movie Ride, Muppets 3-D and I'm sure once it opens, Midway Mania. :mickey:

KineGirl
04-24-2008, 02:41 PM
I highly highly recommend Lights! Motor! Action! and Little Mermaid shows. The Indianna show is pretty cool too. You should ride The Great Movie Ride as its a staple. If youre going to be there this summer the new Toy Story ride will be open (yayyy!!!!) - sounds very very cool :cool: MuppetVision 3D is awesome and everybody seems to enjoy the Backlot Tour. Watch out for whoever sits on the left though :thumbsup: I havent seen it yet but the Block Party Bash looks too fun to miss!

Gator
04-24-2008, 03:17 PM
I never miss Beauty and the Beast (and the pre-show). It's a great way to sit down and enjoy Disney at its best. Also, Muppets 3D is fun for all ages.

TIGGER17179
04-24-2008, 03:44 PM
Well my suggestion is food related. We never miss the SCI-FI restaurant..

McGoofy
04-24-2008, 03:50 PM
Rock-n-Roller Coaster is definitely a must do for our family. I also always enjoy the Great Movie Ride. That's definitely a must see if you have never been to DHS before. My DS always wants to see the Indiana Jones show, but that may be over with by the time you get to the park. I have a feeling that Toy Story Mania will also be another "must do" once it is officially opened.:mickey:

MOJoe
04-24-2008, 03:55 PM
The Studios is all about the shows. Yes there are great thrill rides, a good 3-D movie, and more. But you need to get there a little earlier. That way you can see Indiana Jones or Lights, Motors Action. Beauty & the Beast is very good also. And if you can get there in time, don't miss the new Block Party Bash for an exciting start to your time there.

Gooftroop5
04-24-2008, 04:05 PM
Must sees for us are Muppet 3-D & the Great Movie Ride. If your into coasters RnRC is great. I like Beauty & the Beast but as others say most of the shows will be over by the time you get there. Have a fun trip.

joonyer
04-24-2008, 04:26 PM
Absolute don't miss attractions, besides ToT and Fantasmic, which you are already planning on, if this is your first visit to the Studios:

1. Rock 'n Roller Coaster
2. Great Movie ride
3. Muppets 3D
4. Toy Story Mania, because its brand new (opening in May)
5. Walt Disney: One Man's Dream. Not an thrill attraction, more like a museum attraction, but this really gives you an understanding of what a genius Walt was and how his dreams came true for all of us. It really made an impression on my kids, and me too. It makes you appreciate all of WDW so much more.

See if you have time (but the shows will probably be over for the day if you arrive after 4pm):
1. Star Tours
2. Indiana Jones Stunt Show
3. Beauty & The Beast Show
4. Lights, Motors, Action Stunt Show
5. Voyage of the Little Mermaid

Don't waste time on:
1. Sounds Dangerous

Gregandmel
04-24-2008, 07:04 PM
Love the suggestions! We were only planning on spending part of the day there, but now with everyone's insight, I think we'll try to get there closer to noon so we can see some of the shows!! Thanks for the great info!!

AnnieBananie
04-24-2008, 07:29 PM
By all means get there by noon if you can. Block Party Bash is awesome - I think the only show is at 3 (could be wrong about that time). The Great Movie Ride is really good. Little Mermaid is wonderful, Beauty and the Beast and the pre-show show is funny. Rock n Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror....gosh there are lots of fun things to do. We only spend about 1/2 day at the Studios, though. We love to take the boat between the Studios and Epcot. Have fun!!

DisneyCrazyET
04-24-2008, 09:58 PM
Star Tours
Muppets 3-D
Little Mermaid
The Magic of Disney Animation (you get to draw a character)
The Great Movie Ride
RNRC

coachgoofy
04-24-2008, 11:30 PM
IMO the whole park is a must see, but here are some things we must stop and take a few minutes every time we go.

Mickey on the stainless steal ball as you enter the park

The tank from Indy and last cursade, as you leave the theater from the indy stunt show

the fountain in from of Muppets 3-D

Pizza Planet, my 15 yr old was 3 the TS came out and he must go there every time.

the snow man just down from pizza planet

Darth Vader, when you leave the backlot tour (this actually used to be in the gift shop as you left Star Tours)

the movie trailer of "plan 9 from outer space" showed in the Si-Fi

the coke machine by the restrooms by the bus stop, the only one we have ever seen that accepts credit cards. OK so we dont get out much.

here is a tip, before your trip, find the move, Tower of Terror, Steve Guttenberg, Kristen Dunst. I believe is was made for the Disney Chanell, but is good to watch prior to your trip.

enjoy the park!!

Mickey91
04-24-2008, 11:51 PM
Tower of Terror (not for me but DH and DS love it)

RnRc the only coaster I will even consider

Beauty and the Beast ( Make sure "Four for a Dollar" are opening)

Muppetvision 3-D

The Great Movie Ride (nastalgia from the old hollywood era)

50's Primetime Cafe! Our favorite TS restaurant

Characters!!! DHS has lots of rare characters!

McGoofy
04-25-2008, 01:57 AM
Love the suggestions! We were only planning on spending part of the day there, but now with everyone's insight, I think we'll try to get there closer to noon so we can see some of the shows!! Thanks for the great info!!

Oh, you will be glad you did if you get there at noon. DHS is definitely about the shows. That will give you the opportunity to see some shows. Lights, Motors, Action is really cool. Beauty and the Beast is very well done, and the 4 for a Dollar quartet that open as the pre-show are worth getting there a little early to hear. Also, Indiana Jones is well worth seeing. You need to get a times guide as soon as you enter the park to plot out what shows are at what time because LMA is sometimes only done two or three times a day. I also agree with the poster that said don't waste your time on Sounds Dangerous. That was moments of my life that I will never be able to get back!:( I know you will have a great time no matter what you end up doing.:smickey:

HndrdPrcnt
04-25-2008, 02:22 AM
We really love 50's Prime Time Cafe' and I would highly recommend this for dinner. You will have a great time. Not only is it good food, but the atmosphere and the staff is amazing!! Make sure to eat all your veggies!!

As far as attractions, I agree that Rockin' Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror and Star Tours are the must dos.

For shows, Little Mermaid, Beauty & the Beast, Lights Motor Action, and Fantasmic!

Other attractions - One Man's Dream.

Enjoy!!

Sweezy
04-25-2008, 04:55 AM
muppets 3d, backlot tour, rock n'roller coaster, indiana jones are the first to come to mind. also as far as restaurants, dont miss the sci-fi dine in theater. and, even though you omitted this as an option to begin with, please do not miss tower of terror at any cost :thumbsup:

Lehman Family
04-25-2008, 08:12 AM
Here are our must sees/dos:

Aerosmith's Rock 'N Rollercoaster

Tower of Terror

Indiana Jones Stunt Show

Great Movie Ride

The Little Mermaid (can't remember the exact name fo the show)

Muppets 3-D

50's Primetime Cafe (best atmosphere/interactive restaurant I've ever been in)

Sci-Fi Drive In

We also tend to do a lot of shopping here as well.

irish1967
04-25-2008, 08:48 AM
If anyone in your party is artistic, the (I think it is called) animation show and the displays are pretty cool.

elmjimmlm
04-25-2008, 08:59 AM
I love the GMR but my favorite is Fantasmic... IMO this is the best show that is at Disney...:smickey:

cal5755
04-25-2008, 12:26 PM
We spend one day in HS.

Things our family love beside TOT and Fantasmic (you will love this show...it is my favorite night show in the world.)

DD8 - says ride Star Tours

DS12 - says go see Muppets 3D

DD5 - says go see Beauty and the Beast

DH - says ride the RnRC

DM - says go see Voyage of the Little Mermaid

ME - I have to say 2 things go on The Great Movie Ride and check out One Mans Dream (this is often overlooked but is great to learn about Walt Disney's life and dream...... my two older kids loved this too)

Mom and I suggest 50's primetime cafe for food. The atmosphere is great and the food was good!!

Gregandmel
04-25-2008, 01:19 PM
These boards are GREAT!! Thanks to all who replied!! We have definitely changed our plans for that day so we can include most of what was recommended. And we took a vote and want to eat at Sci-Fi - looks cool! This gave me a great plan for the day, so thanks to everyone who responded - sounds like there is a "theme" of what's the most popular, so we'll follow that lead. Thank you all!!

reeeoga
04-26-2008, 02:14 PM
The Lights Camera Action show is very good. The kids actually liked it.

SoaringDisney
04-26-2008, 02:17 PM
We love the Beauty and the Beast Show. Also, everyone's favorite on our last trip was the Rock n Roller Coaster.

Bethis26fan
04-26-2008, 04:00 PM
another vote for Beauty and the Beast

dumbo ears
04-26-2008, 06:37 PM
Id say aerosmith, TOT, Muppets 3-d show, star tours, fantasmic, great movie ride, and stunts motor action show.

TheMartellFamily
04-26-2008, 06:54 PM
Lights, motor, action stunt show not to be missed. It is really cool.

dizknee531
04-26-2008, 11:41 PM
We always like to see at least one show: Beauty and the Beast,Little Mermaid OR Lights,Motor, Action! HAVE FUN, with whatever you pick!!:mickey:

ASweetLov
04-27-2008, 02:32 PM
Great Movie Ride
Indiana Jones Stunt Show
Beauty and The Beast Live on Stage

EvilQueen2006
04-27-2008, 03:17 PM
Must see's for me
TOT
Fantasmic
RNRC
Star Tours
Muppets 3D
Great Movie Ride

If there's time
Backlot Tour
Little Mermaid
One Man's Dream
Beauty and the Beast
LMA
Indy Stunt Show

Rarely (or never) bother
Sounds dangerous
Narnia
Animation

CaptSmee
04-27-2008, 05:17 PM
Your getting lots of different replies here...given the time frame you mentioned (4:30 p.m.) , and the fact that it will be an EMH night (always more crowded) don't expect to be able to see very much. I would probably start by getting fastpasses for TOT or RNRC if you are interested in either of those rides. I would then ride The Great Movie Ride, followed by Star Tours & Muppetvision 3D. That's probably all you will be able to do for the day. And be sure to get to Fantasmic at least 1/2 early and you should be good to go.

It time permits for anything else, I'd catch one of the shows whichever interests you the most. They are all very good depending on what your likes are.

If it were me, that's what I would do! Have a great time!