PDA

View Full Version : Ohana Character Breakfast...Good?

kg00616
04-24-2008, 11:25 AM
We just recently booked at last minute vacation and are going to be spending a couple days at Disney. We're staying at the Contemporary but the only breakfast we could get into was at Ohana. We were hoping to get a Princess one but apparently those go really fast!

So, I'm a little concerned since it was the last one available. Does that mean it's not good?

Can anyone share what the breakfast is like? Specifically, what foods do they offer? Are there any choices for someone with dietary restrictions?

Thanks!:mickey:

BigRedDad
04-24-2008, 12:08 PM
We were just there 2 weeks ago. It was a blast. My DD2 loves Lilo and Stitch. She went crazy when she saw them. It is as good as any other character breakfast we ate at: Crystal Palace, Tusker House. We have not eaten at Chef Mickey's, a Princess breakfast, or any others. We had no issues and really enjoyed it there.

Sarahbug
04-27-2008, 03:01 PM
Breakfast at Ohana was good because Lilo and Stitch were there. The food was ok - eggs, potatoes, etc...typical breakfast stuff but nothing exciting. Did you try Cape May Cafe? The food is better and they have 3-4 characters.

ltam16
04-27-2008, 04:54 PM
We were there on Wed. 4/23. We enjoyed the characters and the food. The pineapple sticky buns were yummy. There were scrambled eggs, bacon, suasage, biscuits, yummy potatoes, and a guava/passion fruit juice. It was our last day and a nice way to end our trip. I would go back.

DisneyDog
04-28-2008, 11:16 AM
I would go there just for the pineapple bread. I haven't had it in 4 years, and I've thought about it often. I will get to have some next week!

DDuck66
04-28-2008, 11:33 AM
Don't worry...we have always found Ohana's to be one of the best character breakfasts. It is served family style so you can eat whatever you want. My DW is borderline diabetic so she has to watch the sugar. Just tell your server before hand and they will make arrangements for you. Sometimes the chef will even come out and discuss some options with you.
The food normally consists of bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs, potatoes, fruit, and hawaian bread. The menu can be found on Intercot under Info Central.

fanofdisney
04-28-2008, 03:29 PM
We have been there and had a great time and good food. Have fun!!!

Soul_Power
04-28-2008, 04:45 PM
So, I'm a little concerned since it was the last one available. Does that mean it's not good?

No, not at all! We had a great time at this breakfast! Like some others, we went on our last day and it was one of the highlights of our trip! The food was good - Mickey waffles, bacon and sausages. The pineapple bread and the juice were really good, too! The characters make it all really special too!

Have a great trip!