PDA

View Full Version : Where to eat on our last day (departure day)

faberj
04-24-2008, 11:17 AM
DME will be picking us up from our resort CSR at 4:00 PM. I am debating on sleeping in and then heading DTD for any shopping we need to do and lunch or get up and go to MK and have lunch there? What do you do if you have almost a whole day on your departure day?

faline
04-24-2008, 11:43 AM
We will sometimes go to the Magic Kingdom in the morning; head over to the Grand Floridian Cafe for a nice lunch and then make our way back to our resort for our transport to the airport.

brewcrew26
04-24-2008, 11:47 AM
DME picked us up at CBR at 4 p.m. last Saturday. We checked our bags with bell services. Then went do DTD.

We had a great lunch at Earl of Sandwich in between finishing our shopping off. DH had an incredible chicken, spinach and creamy mushroom sandwich topped with parmesan. And I had the "beef and bleu" which is roast beef and bleu cheese. The bread was amazing toasty on the outside and soft on the inside. Since we were on the DDP, we also both got gigantor cookies and a fountain drink. We'd both definitely head back there in a heartbeat!

Plus, we made it back to the hotel around 2:30 p.m. for a last-minute mug refill, get our bags, and wait for the bus. It turned out to be pretty relaxing.

TinkerbellT421
04-24-2008, 11:50 AM
I actually enjoyed the Cookes of Dublin and if you go there you have got to have the Fried Dough Bar for Desert!!!!!!! Me and the DBH would have never had it if it wasnt the DDP and desert came with our counter service, so we tried it, and I loved it, best desert there. Its awesome! :thumbsup:

TinkerbellT421
04-24-2008, 11:53 AM
DME picked us up at CBR at 4 p.m. last Saturday. We checked our bags with bell services. Then went do DTD.

We had a great lunch at Earl of Sandwich in between finishing our shopping off. DH had an incredible chicken, spinach and creamy mushroom sandwich topped with parmesan. And I had the "beef and bleu" which is roast beef and bleu cheese. The bread was amazing toasty on the outside and soft on the inside. Since we were on the DDP, we also both got gigantor cookies and a fountain drink. We'd both definitely head back there in a heartbeat!

Plus, we made it back to the hotel around 2:30 p.m. for a last-minute mug refill, get our bags, and wait for the bus. It turned out to be pretty relaxing.

Ya know what, mmmmmmmm early of sandwich that was good too. I would definetly go back there this time around too. I had the best chicken sandwish with cranberries and stuff in it, dont remember what it was called but it was very tasty. :tasty::eat:

Jared
04-24-2008, 11:57 AM
We will sometimes go to the Magic Kingdom in the morning; head over to the Grand Floridian Cafe for a nice lunch and then make our way back to our resort for our transport to the airport.
I completely agree with Linda's suggestion. Also consider trying Kona Cafe at the Polynesian, which is also on the monorail line and serves a wonderful lunch.

:tasty:

joonyer
04-24-2008, 12:15 PM
We usually hit DTD on our travel day home from WDW (we always drive). Wherever we have lunch, our family tradition is to hit Ghiradelli's for a sundae as our last treat before heading up the highway. :D

pluto 77
04-24-2008, 01:20 PM
We usually head over to Whispering Canyon Cafe. We take the boat over from the MK, which is always very beautiful and relaxing!!!

Hayden's Dad
04-24-2008, 02:16 PM
We have started a tradition the last couple of trips with breakfast at 1900 Park Fare and then visit Epcot again before we leave.

MickeyMousse
04-24-2008, 02:20 PM
Our family tradition is to eat breakfast at YC Galley, then head to DTD for some last minute shopping before hitting the road. (we drive down from NY) My DH can't do without his Disney fudge, which is nearly gone by the time we get home!:mickey:

elmjimmlm
04-24-2008, 02:46 PM
We either go to DtD or MK...Last year it was MK so we could rider Peter Pan before heading home...Anything would be great to do...Just get in your last hours of "magic"...:mickey:

katzctkpt
04-24-2008, 11:50 PM
We have done DTD and MK on our last day. Last yr we did MK. We had an early ADR at MK and was able to go to Fantasy Land and Toon Town ride all the rides there within a reasonable time frame and left :( the park around noon.

katzctkpt
04-24-2008, 11:51 PM
Sorry forgot to say we ate at the Crystal Palace.

Mickey91
04-25-2008, 01:38 AM
Go to MK and have lunch at the Plaza Restaurant. A f:mickey:un and relaxing end to a great trip!

HndrdPrcnt
04-25-2008, 02:33 AM
I also love going to DTD on the last day and having lunch at Earl of Sandwich. The Cannonball sandwich is the best!!:thumbsup:

Soul_Power
04-25-2008, 02:41 AM
On our last day we ate breakfast at Ohana's. It was great to soak in our last few hours of the "Disney-ness" being with all of the characters and eating that delicious food!

I miss it so much and can't wait to go back!

Natazu
04-25-2008, 02:56 AM
If I remember right, you have a credit left. How about Wolfgang Puck Cafe for a great DTD lunch? I'm thinking that would be a good way to finish a trip. There's also the short boat ride to the front door of Turf Club at SSR.

On our departure day, we tend to say "what haven't we done enough of?". Usually, it's something at a park and we'll get lunch someplace close. Epcot = Marrakesh, MK = GFC or Kona, MGM = HBD, AK = uh, Y&Y I guess ;)
If you want to do HBD (the most common for us cause of RnRc & GMR), you can pay OOP for your Beaches & Cream and use that TS credit.