PDA

View Full Version : Half Day Touring Plan for Magic Kingdom

poeticeclipse
04-24-2008, 10:42 AM
Does anyone know of a half day touring plan for the Magic Kingdom? DH and I are arriving to MK in the early afternoon on our first day and we need a plan! My Unofficial Guide doesn't have half day plans.

If you don't know of an actual "touring plan" can I just get some advice as to where to start? We'll only be there for a few hours and then we're taking a bus over to the Beach Club to eat at Cape May.

Thanks!

DDuck66
04-24-2008, 11:00 AM
If you are only going to be there a few hours, then I would try and stick to main Street and the castle area. You could try and catch the Castle Frontcourt Show, as well as some of the live entertainment along Main Street. If you do not have lunch ADR's, then we like to go to Columbia Harbor House or Cosmic Rays for a decent CS quick meal. If you wanted to hit any rides, I would check the wait times at the info board at the end of Main Street. Also use the fast Pass system.
We only live about an hour away and we make a lot of 1/2 or 3/4 of a day trips.

DisneyDudet
04-24-2008, 02:19 PM
The OG doesn't have a half day plan? I swore they did!

Anywho, what about just going to the tip board and finding out what is there? I would get an FP for anything major (SpaceMtn) if the time is right, and then try to hit things that aren't FP in the meantime (PotC, HM). We usually don't go to a park with much of a plan, but try to hit one FP headliner.

At MK, we have yet to hit a long wait at PotC, HM, Mickey's Philharmagic, Winnie the Pooh, and some other attractions, so those are also options!

You know there's always shows and shopping!

NJGIRL
04-24-2008, 03:52 PM
For half days we all pick two rides/attractractions we want to do. Usually there are duplicates so it works out that we can fit it all in. Since there are just the two of you pick three attractions apiece and do them going clockwise.

Mickey91
04-25-2008, 12:02 AM
If you have been to MK before, pick your favorite land and go. My favorite is Fantasyland and we could probably get all of that land done with the exception of Dumbo, Pooh and Peter Pan. You could pick up a fastpass for either Peter pan or Pooh and then only have a couple of rides left.

The next easiest land to cover would be Tomorrowland. Grab a fastpass for buzz or Space Mountain and then hit the Carrousel of Progress, Laugh Floor, TTA and Stitch. Then depending on time you could hit some easy rides at Fantasyland, the Haunted Mansion, and the WDW Railroad.

Good luck! Have Fun!!!:mickey:

KineGirl
04-25-2008, 12:55 AM
my only advice would be to pick a starting place and dont waste time running from land to land. When you get FPs stay in that general area as much as possible. We like to start out in Tomorrowland grab Buzz or Space FPs and then do Monsters Inc etc.. Usually by the time its FP time we were able to do the other rides and can move onto FantasyLand etc.. eventually working our way around the World to AdventureLand

Something tells me youll be alright :mickey:

Disney Lynn
04-25-2008, 07:26 AM
Must this day be at the MK? You'd be closer for your dinner ressies if you spent your half day at EPCOT.

If definitely the MK, just make sure you check the return time for any Fast Passes, since by the time you arrive at the MK, many of the very popular rides will have Fp's that are several hours away (this assumes you're going during a busy time). (This is even more likely to hppen at EPCT and DS).

Have you seen the parade recently? You may just want to enter the MK and find a spot along the curb- eating an ice cream cone, of course. Soak up the atmosphere while you wait for the parade. (Or one of you can dash off to get FP's for after the parade).

Or maybe just concentrate on rides/shows that are new since you're last visit (Monsters, Inc, POTC, etc).

maestrotim
04-25-2008, 11:04 PM
Hi, the Unofficial Guide most definitely has half-day plans. There is a half-day MK plan that is part of a two day plan. The full day takes advantage of lower crowds during the early morning hours, while the half day is designed for folks like yourself who would like to take advantage of seeing a park on arrival day. It may also be called a "Sunrise/Sunset" plan. I know because I've used it and it works!