PDA

View Full Version : Snacks on the DDP

Going2HeavenRU
04-24-2008, 07:51 AM
I have been reading some of the posts and it seems you can use your DDP snack credits for candy in stores. Is this true? If so, are we talking bags of candy?

wendy*darling
04-24-2008, 08:14 AM
2008 brought changes in the way snack credits can be used.

This year it looks like "single serving" sized snacks under $4 are the rule.
But each vendor/location can decide if they will accept snack credits or not.

Most places will have a small purple and white DDP icon/symbol on the menu board next to the items for which snack credits can be used. If you do not see this symbol- just ask!

cal5755
04-24-2008, 08:48 AM
Last year we got bags of jelly belly's at Goofy's candy store in MK.

I am not sure what they changed this year but at the resort last year, you could get a box of donuts as a snack credit, a big bag of chips, milk etc. We got quite a few things to take to the airport with us with our left over sc on the last day.

elmjimmlm
04-24-2008, 09:00 AM
Last year we used our remaining snacks and bought mint tins and caramel corn with them...:mickey:

TheDuckRocks
04-24-2008, 10:01 AM
Things have changed this year!!!
Menu boards are marked, but if you are at a gift shop or candy store things are not always so clear. You will have to ask from location to location.
We used the DDP in Jan. and will be using the deluxe DDP in Dec. and I can honestly say this is the one area of the plan that bugs me ........ how vague they are about how the snack credits are handled.

diamond58
04-24-2008, 11:04 AM
:mickey: I found this complete list of what you can use for snacks on another site. I found it to be QUITE HELPFUL:thumbsup:

hlkeck
04-24-2008, 11:14 AM
something we figured out last year toward the end of our trip (of course) is that you can purchase a HUGE bottle of water (the Liter sized) in your resort merchandise store for a snack credit -- same credit that you can purchase just a 20 oz bottle in the parks...

We'd get the one bottle and the 4 of would share all day. It was a nice perk when we finally figured it out. We were also able to get a box of pop tarts for my addicted-to-pop-tarts DS with a snack credit.

Assuming they stay with the 'anything under $4' rule - there is a lot you can do with those credits, but definitely check the little shop in your resort!

MMouse6937
04-24-2008, 11:29 AM
We loved our snack credits last year. DH and I used most of them at Goofy's Candy Company in DTD. We got a carmel apple, chocolate dipped pretzels, fudge, Mickey rice krispy treats, etc. It was a little confusing because DH wanted these little coconut squares and each one was a snack credit so we just paid for those oop.

My mom was also able to get bulk candy with snack credits at some locations, but others she was told no. Most of the time we found if it was under $4 we were able to use a snack credit, I'm not sure if things will be different this year. Just ask a CM, they were very helpful at explaining it to us, even though we were confusing the heck out of them :D

BelleLovesTheBeast
04-24-2008, 12:02 PM
:mickey: I found this complete list of what you can use for snacks on another site. I found it to be QUITE HELPFUL:thumbsup:

Thanks! That's very helpful. Now I know where to spend any of y unused credits.

joonyer
04-24-2008, 12:09 PM
On our last trip we had several unused snack credits on our last day. WE usually visit DTD on our way home and used the credits for several bags of peanut brittle (YUMMY :tasty:) and other candy to bring home for gifts. The cashier was able to tell us which items could be purchased with the credits.

nicjohn3
04-25-2008, 02:11 PM
This past March we had 17 snack credits among us to use 2 hours before leaving. Goofy's Candy Co. in DTD is the way to go. They pretty much let any single serving bag of "stuff", huge candy apples, huge rice krispy treats the size of a brick, or 6inch cookies be counted as snacks. The resort gift shop was a good place also. They had snacks that you could take home and they were sealed so they lasted. We still have 2 bags of cashews that have not been opened and dont expire till October.

I found that if I wanted to use the snacks in a gift shop-you have to ask, but dont hold your breath, half of them were not sure, and could not get a straight answer if I could use a snack credit on items in their store. Unless you are purchasing from a food stand or cart where there is a symbol next to the item, ask to make sure first--Dont let them go to waste:)

McGoofy
04-26-2008, 04:32 AM
Yes, you can use snack credits on candy and that does include the small bags of candy. This past February we had 4 snack credits left on our last day. We went into MK a few hours before driving home. As we exited Main Street, we decided to go into the candy shop and use our snack credits to get treats for the drive home. The CM told us that we could get almost anything in that store that was under $4.00 as a snack. We all got different things. My DS got a huge lollipop that lasted several hours down the road. I enjoyed being able to reach into a Disney bag and pull a Mickey Mouse rice krispy treat out as snack when we were several hours away from Disney.:mickey:

Going2HeavenRU
04-27-2008, 05:04 PM
Thank you all for the information! This is exactly what I was wanting! Less than 5 months to go!

TheMartellFamily
04-27-2008, 05:21 PM
On our last day to we headed to the Main street candy shop in MK and got bags of carmel corn, rice crispie treats, other bagged candy with all our snack credits we had left. You will be suprized what you can get. In our group we got for 1 snack credit a bag of tortilla chips and then another snack credit for salsa. We found that the things were allowed were things under $4.00.