PDA

View Full Version : Royal Table vs. Princess Breakfast in Norway

pluto 77
04-23-2008, 11:39 PM
We have ADRs at both the Royal Table for lunch and the Princess Breakfast in Norway. We are thinking of canceling one of them and were wondering which one. Any thoughts! Which is better? Any comparisons would be great!!! :D

Mickey91
04-23-2008, 11:47 PM
I haven't been to the breakfast in Norway, but I cannot imagine not eating at the castle if you have ressies there. We had lunch there once and loved it. The food was excellent. Ressies are so hard to get and you can eat in Norway just about anytime you want. I would definitely keep the castle.

Gator
04-24-2008, 03:23 AM
I've been to both, and I'm going back to Norway for breakfast. The potato caserole dish was very good. I really liked the atmosphere of both, and you get lots of character interaction. But Norway costs only 1 TS on the Dining Plan - the Castle costs 2. Plus you don't have to wait in line so you can get a picture and walk upstairs at Norway.

Tinkerfreak
04-24-2008, 08:00 AM
I think it depends. If you have never eaten in the castle before then I would definately do this. It is just a magical feeling knowing you are eating in Cinderella's Castle. We had eaten here many times so decided to skip it last year and we all missed it so are planning it again for next year.
If you have eaten in the castle but not in Norway than give that a try. The breakfast in Norway is really good. They both have character interaction but as stated above the one in Norway is only 1 ts credit.

scootch713
04-24-2008, 08:33 AM
My girls love the one ine epcot... but like the others, the castle is great to do at least once... so alot depends on what you have or have not done in the past. My girls want to BBB then lunch at castle.... but they still want to do breakfast in Norway too!

cal5755
04-24-2008, 08:40 AM
I would keep them both lol. If you really want to cancel I would say think of the Princesses you most want to see. If it Cinderella go to CRT if you don't mind missing her for the breakfast than go for Norway. Like was mentioned above Norway is only one ts versus CRT is 2 and Norway also now includes a photo package.

We have done Norway and we loved it!! We are doing lunch there our first day. We are also doing the CRT this trip too... can never have too much time with the princesses!! We have never done CRT so we have ADR's for a late breakfast after the BBB.

You will have fun no matter what I am sure!!

Hayden's Dad
04-24-2008, 09:15 AM
I would keep both too, but that is just us. (We have 11 character meals coming up on this trip :thumbsup:) If I had to choose and money wasn't an option then I would go with Cinderella's Royal Table. Keep in mind if I am correct Cinderella does not make an appearence at Norway, but you can always meet her in Toontown. We enjoyed both and would do both again. Have fun! :mickey:

hlkeck
04-24-2008, 10:47 AM
If I had to choose between 1, I'd keep CRT. Like many posts above - it's a magical magical magical moment for any little girls with you. My 3 y/0 DS was a little embarrassed by the attn given to him by the princesses but 5 y/o DD was in HEAVEN and carries the photo, still, around with her and carries her wand (unfortunately DS's sword PLUS the wishing star broke...be aware these don't last too long)...

They have a magical ceremony where each child wishes upon a star.

Norway was OK - it's a nice surrounding, but doesn't compare to the castle.

Be READY to wait in line a long time to meet Cinderella and get the photos, though. We were there last September, very light crowds, but very very long wait to get photo taken.

Worth it though :princess:

MickeyandTink
04-24-2008, 11:51 AM
I would keep them both lol. If you really want to cancel I would say think of the Princesses you most want to see. If it Cinderella go to CRT if you don't mind missing her for the breakfast than go for Norway. Like was mentioned above Norway is only one ts versus CRT is 2 and Norway also now includes a photo package.

We have done Norway and we loved it!! We are doing lunch there our first day. We are also doing the CRT this trip too... can never have too much time with the princesses!! We have never done CRT so we have ADR's for a late breakfast after the BBB.

You will have fun no matter what I am sure!!

We did Akershus in Norway for dinner last year and DD(then 6) loved it, especially since she got a picture with her favorite princess (Ariel). This year we're doing Akershus again (for 4 of us), plus DW :tink: and DD :princess: are doing CRT while DS2 and I will do some "male bonding" . We figured doing it that way was not as big a hit on the TS credits.

Given the TS credit difference, I don't know if we will do CRT again anytime soon, but we figured DD had to do the castle at least once.

GrmGrninGost
04-25-2008, 12:57 AM
I would keep them both! But, if you must give up one, I would give up Norway. A visit to the castle for a meal is a must for any WDW fan! The atmosphere is fantastic! ( and this from a 45 year old father) We don't go there every trip, but I'm looking forward to our next visit there! :mickey:

Lucyrella
04-25-2008, 11:24 AM
We truly enjoyed both places, the castle is a magical moment, we had dinner ressie's for 7:00pm last year, and did not have a long wait to meet Cinderella and have our photo's taken. Our girls' are 4 and 2 so they had a great time. Now since both my girls are from China, we always do the breakfast at Norway so we can see Mulan and the other princesses that are there, breakfast seems like a good time to catch Mulan, so we do that. Then for a special occasion dinner, we do the 1900 Park Fare at the GF, it was priceless to see my 2 year old dance with Prince Charming. But Iagree with everyone else, you have to do the caste at least once, we have found the food good, and our trip isn't quite complete without it. So I guess I would ask myself, what experience are you wanting the most and go from there.

joanna71985
04-25-2008, 05:03 PM
I have done both, and I prefer CRT over Norway.