PDA

View Full Version : coffee in Disney?

rkwctw
04-23-2008, 10:41 PM
Is there a Starbucks or other quick breakfast stop through the Disney grounds that we could pick up on our way to early opening? The only good coffee and quick breakfast I know of is Kona Cafe. Thanks!

offwego
04-24-2008, 09:41 AM
Other then I think at the swan and dolphin there isn't a starbucks.

In the parks themselves I've seen the following.

Kiosk with coffee and pastries (including expresso's) in Future World at Epcot. (it's on the opposite side of Mouse Gears as you walk through that section towards Test Track and Mission Space)

Animal Kingdom has a Cart on the right hand side after the path entrances converge but before you choose to head to a land in particular.

The Main street bakery in MK (however it is very popular expect line ups).

MGM has Starring Rolls and the writers nook. (the writers nook has a smaller selection of breakfast items but much shorter lineups ususally).

The coffe's at all of the above are standard Disney coffee (read yuck), but all of the above offer Latte's etc that aren't up to Starbucks quality but are better then regular coffee.

rkwctw
04-24-2008, 11:46 PM
Thanks! Where is the Writer's Nook at the Studios? We usually hit Starring Rolls but haven't see the Nook.

offwego
04-25-2008, 09:01 AM
The writers nook is a small shop, it's located as you walk towards the "streets of america" section near star tours. (it's just passed the sci-fi diner I belive) it's also a book store. It's right across from a smoking section. (weird I can picture it, get there no problem but trying to explain where it is sound more akward then i would have thought)

mudpuppysmom
04-25-2008, 09:20 AM
There is a Starbucks kiosk at SOG too.....but it's off the beaten path for most visitors. The kiosk by Kona has good coffee according to DH (I'm not a coffee drinker). Other than that, DH says the coffee at the world needs a serious upgrade!

JerseyDad
04-25-2008, 09:26 AM
Other then I think at the swan and dolphin there isn't a starbucks.

In the parks themselves I've seen the following.

Kiosk with coffee and pastries (including expresso's) in Future World at Epcot. (it's on the opposite side of Mouse Gears as you walk through that section towards Test Track and Mission Space)

Animal Kingdom has a Cart on the right hand side after the path entrances converge but before you choose to head to a land in particular.

The Main street bakery in MK (however it is very popular expect line ups).

MGM has Starring Rolls and the writers nook. (the writers nook has a smaller selection of breakfast items but much shorter lineups ususally).

The coffe's at all of the above are standard Disney coffee (read yuck), but all of the above offer Latte's etc that aren't up to Starbucks quality but are better then regular coffee.

....glad you mentioned that kiosk. It actually has some very good coffee....and even some pretty good espresso. I tend to think it may not be Nestle` coffee? (how that may be possible....I do not know?)