PDA

View Full Version : Dine With An Imagineer

DizneyFreak2002
04-23-2008, 06:59 PM
Has anyone dined with an Imagineer? How was the experience? How was the food? And what questions are you allowed to ask? Would you recommend doing this experience?

Dulcee
04-23-2008, 08:32 PM
We did this two years ago and it was hands down one of the best experinces we've ever had at WDW.

We did lunch at the Brown Derby at MGM studios. First off you sit in a private room with a few other people. Besides my family of four, there were three other couples partcipating and the animator that dined with us.

The food was fantastic. It was a planned menu. We had french onion soup, the cobb salad, a choice of three different entrees, and a fantastic raspberry creme brulee for desert. Alcoholic beverages were additional to the cost.

You also got to take home a personalized menu and a gift per family that again was personalized for you. I won't tell you what the gift is but its quite a beautiful keepsake.

The animator we spoke with was fantastic. It was mainly question and answer and he was very easy to get know. Aside from information about his career we learned lots of fun facts about Walt and the early Disney studios as well as all sorts of fun secrets throughout WDW. Lunch was only suppose to be an hour and a half I believe but we all sat for about 3 hours. No one rushed us out and the animator just continued keeping us entertained with stories and tid bits.

It was a fantastic afternoon and I would highly recommend it. Well worth the price.

Dulcee
04-23-2008, 08:34 PM
Oh and, you can ask whatever you want, what they're allowed to answer is a different story. You do learn alot of fun "secrets" and behind the scenes information but they won't reveal new movies/rides that they are aware of. However the man who spoke with us was more than willing to talk about rumours he heard circulating through other departments.

Personally, we can't wait to go back and attend another one.

Crow
04-23-2008, 10:14 PM
I agree that its 1 of the better things ive done.
my dinner was at AP which of course has great food (portobello soup:thumbsup:)
we had a table in the corner & could ask what we wanted. Of course he couldnt answer all of them. He gave some good tidbits on the castle, hidden Mickeys, why there wont probably be a 5th park etc. A nice plate signed by him was our gift also.

Bri798
04-24-2008, 09:32 AM
How would you go about booking a reservation for this? My friends and I are going down in August and would love to do this...