PDA

View Full Version : Sydney Morning Herald VMK Closing Article

JPL
04-23-2008, 06:17 PM
Sydney Morning Herald VMK Closing (http://blogs.smh.com.au/screenplay/archives/017999.html)

Glad to see the story went global :thumbsup:

jjramsey
04-23-2008, 06:51 PM
That is one of the better articles I have seen.

mickeytinkerbellprincess
04-23-2008, 07:57 PM
:ditto: Thanks for posting, it's a great article :)

milklady
04-24-2008, 07:47 AM
Wow a really touching story. Hope it goes world wide.

TinkRocks
04-25-2008, 08:08 AM
I'm still clinging to a little tiny bit of hope that Disney has a wake up call by all the attention that their decision to close VMK is causing.

VMK could still be used as a promotional tool, but (as JP has said), could be adjusted to only allow paying players to access the site. Alternatively, if Disney wanted to allow tiered access (limited free version and 'pay to play' full version) - players would have to start from scratch.

What I don't think Disney counted on was the connections people made in the game. Nobody judged anyone else on looks, size, illness, adult, kid, etc. - every player is free to create their own 1-inch character as they like. The game allowed everyone a level playing ground and shared in the joys of the game, the laughs, helping others with quests, etc.

It seems there are so many departments we have to reach out to in order for our voices to be heard. Are our voices really heard? From a couple of responses I've seen, it seems like there's just a standardized response.

I understand VMK was created as a promotional tool for Disney, but they extended the original promotion date because of popularity. Isn't there a light bulb going off in someone's head here? The game is obviosuly popular - why not tap into that market??

:soapbox: