PDA

View Full Version : How is Chefs de France?

Gator
04-23-2008, 04:40 PM
Are the portions huge or too small? How about the flavor - is it too rich for an Okie like me? Would my kids (both under 4) like it? Thanks for the opinions.

Natazu
04-23-2008, 05:20 PM
The portions are fine, bigger than the usual French restaurant. I don't find to food to rich. Truth is, with the exception of some appetizers and a couple of desserts, the food isn't much more than a standard board of fare with French names. The quality is average on a good night. I don't think it's comes close to the quality the big name chefs who created the menu were going for. For kids under 4, even the kids menu might be a little esoteric.

Kidsmom
04-23-2008, 05:54 PM
We got back last week and ate at Le Chefs (for our second time). I agree with Natazu. I love French food and I wouldn't put this at the top of my list for fine French food, but I did enjoy it. Except for my husbands Tuna we had to send back, not cook enough and smelled BAD.

The kids menu, I believe they call it beef steaks on a bun (they are mini hambugers- not like Jiko which has children a Filet), chicken, which was very basic and good and I forget the other item. 3 of my kids (7, 8, & 10) split the adult Filet and it was good. They also shared a lobster bisque...very basic, but tasty. No exotic sauces or tastes. They had them add the french fries which are really good and the green beans they loved.

My 4 year old had the chicken strips.

We do enjoy the restaurant for the views and wines and relaxation. It is a good resaurtant for WDW (to experience different food), but if I wanted french food at home.....I would pick a different french restaurant. We have better ones.

Hope this helps!

Kidsmom
04-23-2008, 05:57 PM
Oh...I forgot your kids were both under 4. They have a great Mac and Cheese with Gyerue (sp?) cheese. They could split that.....it is really good!! Plain....but good!! It is on the adult menu.

Good Luck!