PDA

View Full Version : Best way to parks from WL

Giselle
04-23-2008, 04:02 PM
I'm going to be at DW this weekend for 6 days!Can't wait. :mickey:What is the best way to get to each park from WL? Bus, boat, monorail or combinations?:)
to MK?
to AK?
to Epcot?
to HS?

Your help is greatly appreciated!

AwPhooey
04-23-2008, 04:19 PM
While I don't know for certain, I'd guess your best bets are:
- MK: boat
- Epcot: boat to MK, monorail to TTC, monorail to Epcot
- AK and HS: bus

Stickey
04-23-2008, 04:23 PM
To MK- boat
Epcot- bus
Studios-bus
AK- car if you have one. The bus trip can be long and its usually a shared bus with GF.

Figment104
04-25-2008, 12:36 PM
We just stayed there last year for the second time. It all depends on your preferences.

MK: Usually boat directly to MK, however, just for the fun of it we did take the boat to the CR and then hopped on the monorail and took that around to the park... I've got to do it at least once :mickey:

Epcot: Usually boat and then depending on if the MK boat got there first or the CR boat we would take it and then get on the Monorail. Picking up the monorail at the CR is fun I have to admit.

HS: Bus

AK: Bus

Hope that helps some and enjoy your trip. WL is a wonderful place to stay. Have fun:wave:

javamama
04-25-2008, 11:11 PM
MK-boat, or boat to CR and then the monorail, we did the bus I think also and it wasn't bad either pretty quick if I remember correctly
Epcot-bus is the fastest way to go, we did the whole boat to CR to monorail to TTC to change over to Epcot line, and it did take along time we did the bus on the way home and it was quicker
AK-bus-not a big choice
HS-bus-not a big choice again

Mickey91
04-25-2008, 11:37 PM
MK - boat directly to MK or boat to CR then Monorail

EPCOT - quickest - bus
- most fun - boat to CR or MK, monorail to TTC, monorail to EPCOT

AK - bus
DHS - bus

brianlw71
04-27-2008, 01:20 PM
rental car

Speedy1998
04-27-2008, 01:37 PM
rental car

defiantly not to MK. Seeing as you would have to take a boat, then a tram to get to your rental car. Not to mention I am fairly sure you would have to exit the MK parking lot and then do a U-turn to go back to the resort.

As for the other parks it is debatable, remember altough you do not have to wait for the bus, you will have to wait for a tram to get back to your car. Also you will have the expense of having a car for your entire stay. For the price of rental cars these day you can upgrade to a nicer room.

Princess'Mom
04-28-2008, 01:02 PM
I concur with the above posters. Definitely take the launch to MK. Bus for just about everywhere else. With one exception - DTD. You will save a lot of time by driving. The ride to DTD is long. It felt like it took forwever to get there and an eternity to get back 'home' to WL!

scootch713
04-29-2008, 09:10 AM
I will be the odd one out here... the bus to MK is only a 3 minute ride.. it goes back and forth to MK.... picks noone else up... a 3 min ride, that is it! No stopping at FortWilderness(like the boat does). Having stayed on the monorail, my girls were getting tired of the boat ride to MK being so long... thankfully about day 3, we found the bus and from then on we only took it. If you are leaving MK, you can hit a boat that goes straight to WL, but every boat we took from WL, stopped elsewhere before getting to MK.

castlelady36
04-29-2008, 04:17 PM
I agree the bus ride is VERY short. If you are looking for the scenic route then yes take the boat but since they added MK bus to WL it is way faster. As far as the other parks I would have to go with bus too. I can't see the logic in taking the boat to the monorail and then monorail to Epcot...just my opinion.....