PDA

View Full Version : Has Service Been Different

elmjimmlm
04-23-2008, 02:19 PM
Since the DDP has done away with tip included, has the service been different? Do you think that is is better, the same or worse?

Belle_0717
04-24-2008, 01:18 PM
I think they treat you different for sure. DH and I do not use the DDP. I think some of the CMs forget who is who and they know good or bad, the tip WAS included - I think this has changed. But this was my experience on my trip in October.

As AP holders we have the DDE card which has saved us a tremendous about of money. They have tweaked this since we first got it and the benefits are better than ever - TIP prefigured for you! In March, we had no problems and DH loved that we don't have to do the math to get the tip. We have OVERTIPPED because of great service.

DDuck66
04-25-2008, 10:44 AM
We have made several small trips in which we used our DDE card as well. Once the tip was on there and once it was not. We go in two weeks for a week long stay so maybe I will have a better idea then. We always tip more than 18% unless it is just horrible service.
I think the real test will be when the free dining happens later this year. I have only used the DDP once so it is not a big deal for us.